Little Mix #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just realised that the OCC put a rule in place that signed singles don't count anymore. Guess that's why she isn't doing them, this time around.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
So the song has absolutely bombed
It could pick up but it's not a great start is it

She has changed her answer regarding the album, during the first single it was next year. And now it's changed to "maybe next year"

Personally cannot see there ever being an album released, think she might even struggle releasing a third single if this one does nothing like the first
Do we know it has? Won’t the position be announced on Friday?

am sure it’ll do better than Jesy’s latest attempt lol

A minimum set time is usually 10 mins, so at least she’s got two songs out, this why Jesy massively messed up booking JBB so they tried to make one song seem as long as possible with awkward asf dance breaks… 🤣

IMG_8122.jpeg

Reactions: 3
bein nice a little boring when you inbetween the ……… ……………… ….. SHEETS

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just realised that the OCC put a rule in place that signed singles don't count anymore. Guess that's why she isn't doing them, this time around.
It won’t be long until all the bundles are stopped like in the US.

I’m not surprised about how this is all going, she was never standout singer in the group, she was unfortunately the weakest in every single way from personality to vocals. The issue is the same as Jesy (who imo could have had a huge career because she was so popular) they both think they are superstars and loved because of Little Mix. They both think they are the reason Little Mix made it big in the U.K. but it’s just not the case. Little Mix is a brand, none of them were ever bigger than the brand - little mix’s success does not mean anything to their solo career

Reactions: 7
It’s been said so many times before but there’s a reason none of them made it as soloists on the X Factor.

Reactions: 9
I still am surprised Perrie wasn't accepted solo tbh. Her voice is few and far between IMO.
The girls were quite strong that year, I think Amelia Lily, Misha B and Janet Devlin finished 3rd-5th? They were lacking in girl groups and after 1D making one was the clear choice. I think they mentioned her lack of confidence too?

Reactions: 8
I still am surprised Perrie wasn't accepted solo tbh. Her voice is few and far between IMO.
Sometimes a voice is amazing but not easy to market, particularly if the trend is elsewhere at the time.

While I love her voice, I do have worries about her solo career - they'll need to choose the songs for her carefully to play the market right.

Reactions: 5
The girls were quite strong that year, I think Amelia Lily, Misha B and Janet Devlin finished 3rd-5th? They were lacking in girl groups and after 1D making one was the clear choice. I think they mentioned her lack of confidence too?
Honestly I think they are all shite compared to Perrie, but maybe it is to do with her targeted genre and lack of confidence. I agree that I struggle to see where she is going to fit in the charts, I can only really see her on the West End/Broadway

unpopular opinion but i didnt like her voice before her tonsil surgery. It always sounded like she had something stuck in her throat. it wasn’t smooth like now, definitely rate her voice now but i just don’t think it fits with today’s popular music as much.

Honestly I think they are all shite compared to Perrie, but maybe it is to do with her targeted genre and lack of confidence. I agree that I struggle to see where she is going to fit in the charts, I can only really see her on the West End/Broadway
I don’t really remember them except Misha, but I know from someone just how set up the process is of who goes through in each category. I even know someone who won who actually auditioned years prior and got told which year to go back with the promise of live shows.

I agree I’m not really sure where she’ll fit in, someone on ATRL was saying she’s been offered a lot of songs so is still struggling to settle on a sound/brand.

• Wow
unpopular opinion but i didnt like her voice before her tonsil surgery. It always sounded like she had something stuck in her throat. it wasn’t smooth like now, definitely rate her voice now but i just don’t think it fits with today’s popular music as much.
To be fair you are right I forget she hasn't always sounded like this, I'm thinking of Perrie now and obviously she's leagues different to a decade ago.

It's so different with music nowadays as people are not so bothered about "number ones". I remember when all the spice girls went solo all of them did pretty well and was big hype around all of them. Whereas All Saints none of them really did much afterwards.

Reactions: 1
Do we think Leigh will get dropped by her label if she doesn’t break the top 10 by the next single? (or the following)

Reactions: 2
Do we think Leigh will get dropped by her label if she doesn’t break the top 10 by the next single? (or the following)
She does always seem a bit hesitant about saying about an album which does make me wonder if it’s all based on performance of singles as to if they support a full album. Ideal situation for any label is to get an album out so an artist can tour and they can make more money that way.

Her music is weirdly licensed by her own company too, which makes me wonder if she’s part funding campaigns herself, as even a lot of major artists don’t hold any licensing.

IMG_8128.jpeg

She does always seem a bit hesitant about saying about an album which does make me wonder if it’s all based on performance of singles as to if they support a full album. Ideal situation for any label is to get an album out so an artist can tour and they can make more money that way.

Her music is weirdly licensed by her own company too, which makes me wonder if she’s part funding campaigns herself, as even a lot of major artists don’t hold any licensing.

View attachment 2448155
Oh, had no idea she was with Warner. Then yes, most Warner artists are self funded with Warner as a distribution etc .

Hmm I wouldn't say dropped but she will become less and less of a priority and stuck in a label that's doing nothing for her. They will probably part ways amicably if it comes to that

I love all three and still shocked at how the tide in this thread has turned on LA. Let’s be honest though, I think the only hope any of them have individually is Jade releasing a few faceless bops with Jax Jones et al. They’ve left it too long, the majority of their fans have probably moved on and they really should’ve tried to keep going as they worked amazingly as a threesome - SM going number one, Confetti doing well, Brit Award.

I think by the time the GH came around they had announced they were splitting/last tour etc so people/fans lost interest.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.