Little Mix #3 Baby Mix, baldy pics, Jesy vs Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hate myself for having heartbreak anthem on my playlists for weeks. I selfishly hope what we’ve all heard wasnt the final version cause I want more newness 😂

But HA is a very radio track so I think it will do well!

Reactions: 4
From another forum:

Not that they were obliged to tell David Guetta anything, but he and his team did not know that (at the time) one of Little Mix was pregnant and unable to commit to doing the planned promotion he wanted to do for the song.
This was meant to be his big single for the summer. The song was sent to radio and an entire promo plan was mapped out, which would have included David flying with girls and Galantis to do a video and live performances.
The penny dropped at some point and Little Mix said they couldn't do the planned promo, and so David pulled the single. That's why so many of us have the song already - it was pulled 2 days before the premiere date.

David wanted to push the song back to later in the year, or swap Little Mix out with another artist and then have the girls back to do another single when they can do the promo. But Little Mix have no idea what the rest of 2021 is like for them.
Rather than waste the song, Galantis asked if they can release it as their own single. So the song has now been republished and transferred over to Atlantic Records. Whilst the credits have changed to one that is joint credited, it's not actually being released by David anymore. Don't expect much publicity from him for it, as if he had his way, the song wouldn't be released.

My understanding is David is going to do another song with Little Mix that he wants to give full promo too. That sadly means this upcoming release is already a write off. If it does well, great for everyone involved, but it's a glorified promotional track

Reactions: 10
One other takeaway from Leigh’s doc was the absence of Jesy. It seems it was mostly filmed around last Summer and early Autumn, when the BLM movement was at its peak. Jesy isn’t on the phone call to do any of the song writing, she’s not mentioned anywhere really, even at shoots, she doesn’t seem to be there. Jesy really didn’t seem interested in any of it

Reactions: 14
I would imagine she would have been there but they edited her out of things - harder with concert footage though.

Reactions: 1
One other takeaway from Leigh’s doc was the absence of Jesy. It seems it was mostly filmed around last Summer and early Autumn, when the BLM movement was at its peak. Jesy isn’t on the phone call to do any of the song writing, she’s not mentioned anywhere really, even at shoots, she doesn’t seem to be there. Jesy really didn’t seem interested in any of it
Yes! It was so strange wasnt it, she clearly checked out a long time ago!

Reactions: 5
I find leighannes doc to be kinda hypocritical and lacking credibility because she partner has been viciously homophobic and very racist few years ago .

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I find leighannes doc to be kinda hypocritical and lacking credibility because she partner has been viciously homophobic and very racist few years ago .
I think this doc wasn't for those who are aware of what hes done, his colourism etc

She is still figuring things out which isn't the best person to be at the forefront of such a documentary. It should have been Alexandra Burke who was told to bleach her skin 😮😱

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I think this doc wasn't for those who are aware of what hes done, his colourism etc

She is still figuring things out which isn't the best person to be at the forefront of such a documentary. It should have been Alexandra Burke who was told to bleach her skin 😮😱
Correct me if i’m wrong but wasn’t this documentary based on Leigh’s experiences and what she went through? I’m sure she said that in an interview. I have no issue with her being at the forefront of something when she’s talking about her own individual experiences. Surely the more awareness on this topic the better? Or not.

Correct me if i’m wrong but wasn’t this documentary based on Leigh’s experiences and what she went through? I’m sure she said that in an interview. I have no issue with her being at the forefront of something when she’s talking about her own individual experiences. Surely the more awareness on this topic the better? Or not.
Question, what exactly did she go through? As I must of missed it? I know what Keisha and Alexandra went through as they were just awful and shocking. I couldn’t really tell you what the documentary was about it was a little all over the place and not that educating and eye opening really.

Question, what exactly did she go through? As I must of missed it? I know what Keisha and Alexandra went through as they were just awful and shocking. I couldn’t really tell you what the documentary was about it was a little all over the place and not that educating and eye opening really.
Well I don’t know I haven’t watched it yet, only watched the interview. I presumed it was her experiences in the band compared to the other girls, how she got treated and about her race is it not?

I jotted down some point as I watched it:

- The fact she experienced racism once at 9 then only after LM fame wasn't overly shocking but I'm suprised she never questioned WHY. It did make me question if during that period she had dark skinned friends because they definitely would have experienced racism between 9 and 19 years old.
- Her parents had a weird attitude. Her Dad saying "I identify myself as John" "I didn't let my colour define me" -- it rubbed me the wrong way but again they are both light skinned and probably know have assimilated "nothing we can do about the racists, we just had to get on"
- I think I know understand why we rarely see her Dad tbh - Leigh Anne starts crying that she never felt good enough and her mum hugs her and her Dad just sits there

- I did appreciate she recognised her pain is small in comparison to other black people (I know its all relative)
- I also appreciated she understands she's in a good position to speak out. I know black people who spoke out about racism before 2020 and were reprimanded at work (yes it happens quite often)
- Andre?? Lol yeah we could of just left him out of this doc. No value added
- I appreciate the fact she is learning and yes you will get things wrong, but trust me that's better than being ignorant
- Suprised she had never heard that "you have to work harder" comment.

- I liked the round table with Keisha, Nao, Raye, Alexandra Burke.
- I understood that comment Leigh Anne made "is it racism or it is in my head" -- trust me it's constant and exhausting. At times I've had to have white friends validate it's racist for me to believe a situation because I feel a lot of people assume "ah here comes the race cards"
- Tbh I would have enjoyed Alexandra Burke heading this doc. Please watch her video here . She really suffered under the music industry.
- Keith story of being replaced whilst STILL in sugarbabes and being called "a bully" ---- BW are labelled bullies, angry, too opinionated but anyone else it's #GirlBoss
- Keisha an honest babe when Leigh Anne asked I'd she would be in LM if she was dark skinned.....
Keisha: "You were palatable. You were chosen for your blackness" -- because the mixed token black girl was enough. I'm not saying Leigh Anne isn't talented, but it's true

- Colourism discussed at last!
- Andre offensive tweets. Boy. He was a colourist through and through.
- And these views of dark skinned BW continues especially with misogynoir

- I was FLABBERGASTED she has just started noting the lack of diversity in her work eg shoots.--- she's just seen this??? Wow.

- I understand her getting angry at racist commenting on the doc when it was coming out but I think black people had valid points even if she "wanted to do something good". Her good intentions can still be scrutinise especially as dark skinned women are continuously removed from the narrative

- Dawn Butler part made me so sad and angry.

- The segment with the 3 dark skinned girls in a podcast that had Leigh Anne as a guest seemed like an interesting conversation.

- They called Jade "a darkie" --- Jesus. And yes she's very white passing (WP so I'm happy she addressed that and the privilege WP gives you.

Last comments:
- Tbh I'm still feeling a kind way about Leigh Anne after liking Tulisa video last year which slammed Misha B (a dark skinned woman) as a liar about racism experienced on X Factor and she's just a bully. You can view Misha video here
- She has a lovely lovely lovely lovely house
Your comments are really spot on for me. I would have really loved to see Keisha or Alexandra fronting this but I think Leigh-Anne was the palatable face. They're very confident in their opinions and Leigh is more gentle and doesn't get the angry black woman tag.

I think this documentary was more for the general public to go on the journey with Leigh-Anne as she discovers things too. It's so crazy to me that she is only just noticing things now though and didn't experience much racism before. I'm not sure if that's because of her parents attitudes or if it's because she's a celeb but every room I walk into I naturally notice how many people look like me.

And yeah, Andre was completely useless in this documentary. I was reserving judgement until I watched this but he really didn't explain himself at all, just gave excuses 😬

Reactions: 7
Well I don’t know I haven’t watched it yet, only watched the interview. I presumed it was her experiences in the band compared to the other girls, how she got treated and about her race is it not?
Not really, it was briefly mentioned about a radio tour and how Brazil loved her... but I don’t really know what the angle of the documentary was to be honest and I’ve watched it hahahahaha! It was like her story but she is still so new to the subject, it’s only something she started looking at around BLM marches last year, she didn’t notice issues before then or something.

I think when you already know a lot about the subject, then there’s not a lot you would have been able to “learn” from it. It does just scratch at the surface.

But like she’s mentioned, most of her fans are white and I think it’s fair to assume a lot of them are not that familiar with the topic and maybe this will make them think about it?

Reactions: 6
Andre in this documentary, he’s the biggest red flag going , no remorse just looked sorry he got caught . A tit personality too. God she’s made one big mistake , good luck to you girl !

Andre in this documentary, he’s the biggest red flag going , no remorse just looked sorry he got caught . A tit personality tooGod she’s made one big mistake , good luck to you girl !

Reactions: 17
Andre in this documentary, he’s the biggest red flag going , no remorse just looked sorry he got caught . A tit personality too. God she’s made one big mistake , good luck to you girl !

Andre in this documentary, he’s the biggest red flag going , no remorse just looked sorry he got caught . A tit personality tooGod she’s made one big mistake , good luck to you girl !
Only sorry he got caught . Some really shocking tweets.

When her parents said ' our dads would have got stick for being with white women ' Why was this not explained and brushed over ?

Reactions: 8
Not at all, they are going to split up once they have seen the contact out and the tour is out the way. I don’t see why you would want to work when your baby is so young? Why bother having them if you want to leave them? Don’t have kids then.
Oh no hun ...this isn’t it

Reactions: 10
No she was jumping around on issues she didn't even understand as I said you can tell she very new to this journey of race. The fact she's ONLY just noticing being the only black person in a room is shocking.

I think as me and the commenter have watched it our views are valid. I'm not just saying this to you. But it really irritates me when people presume things when they have only read the headlines or sound bites. Again not aimed just at you. Just something I've noticed with people as a whole.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.