Little Mix #3 Baby Mix, baldy pics, Jesy vs Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let’s hope Alex has asked LFC to terminate his contract then, because if he’s travelling up and down the UK and to Europe for potentially 3 games a week for 10/11 months of the year how’s he going to parent?
Weirdly stans have talking about him on Twitter, apparently he might be moving back to a London club, not because of Perrie but because he’s not as good as he was and barely played or something. I don’t follow his career or know much though, this is from fans!

Reactions: 2
Weirdly stans have talking about him on Twitter, apparently he might be moving back to a London club, not because of Perrie but because he’s not as good as he was and barely played or something. I don’t follow his career or know much though, this is from fans!
Yeah wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves Liverpool this summer. He’s been so unlucky with injuries and isn’t a regular starter for Liverpool now. Wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves/they try to move him on this summer.

Be interesting to see what happens now with him & Perrie expecting. Surely they’d prefer to just be in one set place...

Reactions: 3
Yeah wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves Liverpool this summer. He’s been so unlucky with injuries and isn’t a regular starter for Liverpool now. Wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves/they try to move him on this summer.

Be interesting to see what happens now with him & Perrie expecting. Surely they’d prefer to just be in one set place...

Rumours of Dortmund not long ago . Most likely will go to a mid table club .

Leigh-Anne’s documentary is out now on iPlayer.

It’s also on BBC One at 9pm tonight.
ohhhh interesting didn’t know it was released - will have to give it a watch as I want to see what she says to Andre about his past tweets!

Reactions: 3
Jade is normally my favourite but I really wasn't a fan of her hair or makeup at the Brits 😬😬

Reactions: 13
I’ve just finished the documentary- can share thoughts/recap if people don’t mind spoilers ahead of tonight! For the most part it was a very good documentary!

Reactions: 9
I’ve tried putting it in this spoiler so hopefully I’ve done it right!
I watched it this morning and for the most part she came across brilliantly and spoke out well. Andre’s past was mentioned, and Leigh sat down and addressed it with him. The conversation with the other girls in the industry was amazing and needed to be shared, Alexandra and Keisha’s comments in particular. One thing I thought was a slight tangent maybe was her comments about her being least favourite at the start. It’s hard, I do think she’s under appreciated within the band, but I also think it wasn’t the case for the likes of the least favourites in 1D or The Saturdays (I know the Saturdays were much smaller but Vanessa and Rochelle were always fan favourites), but it’s not for me to say she shouldn’t feel that way. I don’t know, there’s always a least favourite within a band and I think it’s sad she felt that way due to her race. Her label were also reluctant to talk to her and Jade on camera about issues which speaks volumes. Hopefully it’s the start of change in the industry and society. She’s also starting a foundation with Andre and her sister.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve watched the doc, it was good, it was very ‘real’ in that Leigh-Anne didn’t claim to be any kind of expert or anything, she was simply sharing her experiences and that’s really important. I didn’t think that Andre seemed super bothered by the tweets he made? He seemed to brush them off and seem a bit disinterested. He didn’t exactly come across any better - what do others think?

Reactions: 15
Yea, the scene with Andre had very weird vibes. But that seems to be his personality in general.

Reactions: 6
I haven’t watched yet, but I think he is just not a nice person... but that’s my personal opinion on him, not going off the doc!

Reactions: 5
I’ve watched the doc, it was good, it was very ‘real’ in that Leigh-Anne didn’t claim to be any kind of expert or anything, she was simply sharing her experiences and that’s really important. I didn’t think that Andre seemed super bothered by the tweets he made? He seemed to brush them off and seem a bit disinterested. He didn’t exactly come across any better - what do others think?
I kinda agree with you but at the same time, as someone else already pointed out, it seems to be his personality. I have watched a couple of his interviews and he always comes across like this - quite bored and uninterested. However, given the situation he was speaking on, he could have tried a bit more.

Reactions: 6
Well I know we were waiting to see if the interview sort of went in the way of "redemption" but I can't say for me it did. I still struggle to understand how she could start a family with someone who held views like that, but I'm hoping she sees something we don't.

Reactions: 11
I jotted down some point as I watched it:

- The fact she experienced racism once at 9 then only after LM fame wasn't overly shocking but I'm suprised she never questioned WHY. It did make me question if during that period she had dark skinned friends because they definitely would have experienced racism between 9 and 19 years old.
- Her parents had a weird attitude. Her Dad saying "I identify myself as John" "I didn't let my colour define me" -- it rubbed me the wrong way but again they are both light skinned and probably know have assimilated "nothing we can do about the racists, we just had to get on"
- I think I know understand why we rarely see her Dad tbh - Leigh Anne starts crying that she never felt good enough and her mum hugs her and her Dad just sits there

- I did appreciate she recognised her pain is small in comparison to other black people (I know its all relative)
- I also appreciated she understands she's in a good position to speak out. I know black people who spoke out about racism before 2020 and were reprimanded at work (yes it happens quite often)
- Andre?? Lol yeah we could of just left him out of this doc. No value added
- I appreciate the fact she is learning and yes you will get things wrong, but trust me that's better than being ignorant
- Suprised she had never heard that "you have to work harder" comment.

- I liked the round table with Keisha, Nao, Raye, Alexandra Burke.
- I understood that comment Leigh Anne made "is it racism or it is in my head" -- trust me it's constant and exhausting. At times I've had to have white friends validate it's racist for me to believe a situation because I feel a lot of people assume "ah here comes the race cards"
- Tbh I would have enjoyed Alexandra Burke heading this doc. Please watch her video here . She really suffered under the music industry.
- Keith story of being replaced whilst STILL in sugarbabes and being called "a bully" ---- BW are labelled bullies, angry, too opinionated but anyone else it's #GirlBoss
- Keisha an honest babe when Leigh Anne asked I'd she would be in LM if she was dark skinned.....
Keisha: "You were palatable. You were chosen for your blackness" -- because the mixed token black girl was enough. I'm not saying Leigh Anne isn't talented, but it's true

- Colourism discussed at last!
- Andre offensive tweets. Boy. He was a colourist through and through.
- And these views of dark skinned BW continues especially with misogynoir

- I was FLABBERGASTED she has just started noting the lack of diversity in her work eg shoots.--- she's just seen this??? Wow.

- I understand her getting angry at racist commenting on the doc when it was coming out but I think black people had valid points even if she "wanted to do something good". Her good intentions can still be scrutinise especially as dark skinned women are continuously removed from the narrative

- Dawn Butler part made me so sad and angry.

- The segment with the 3 dark skinned girls in a podcast that had Leigh Anne as a guest seemed like an interesting conversation.

- They called Jade "a darkie" --- Jesus. And yes she's very white passing (WP so I'm happy she addressed that and the privilege WP gives you.

Last comments:
- Tbh I'm still feeling a kind way about Leigh Anne after liking Tulisa video last year which slammed Misha B (a dark skinned woman) as a liar about racism experienced on X Factor and she's just a bully. You can view Misha video here
- She has a lovely lovely lovely lovely house

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Delurking to say just watched the documentary. It was very well done and Leigh-Anne came across extremely well. Really do not like Andre at all however.

Reactions: 2
I feel critical lol

Everyone seems to have really enjoyed the doc. I dunno.

Reactions: 4
Just watched it, I thought the doc was ok, it was nothing groundbreaking it was just her story not a story of race in the entertainment industry which Is what was expecting, I don’t think it really delve into issues as much as it could of in my opinion. Things like colourism was talked about bit not explored that much, also most people in it were light skinned so would of been nice to have some more dark skinned people talking about their experiences as even she knew of her privilege within the black community. That’s my two cents anyways!

Andre, he did not care hahaha she seems to defend him more than he defended his own actions and just said it’s what everyone did.... ummm no! I don’t think he seemed to care about the whole doc at all, he didn’t seem to show interest in anything other than saying she might get backlash. She clearly sees a different person to the rest of the world it seems!

Also, wondered if Jesy asked to be edited out as she’s not in it at all even in the background except for tour footage already released as this was all filmed while she was in the group still!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.