Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is quiet young, and she could have met someone for sure and tried to go that way rather than IVF especially with how expensive it is
I’d imagine she’s just not interested in a partner cause if she was, she would have waited. Especially because it will make it harder for someone to settle down with her now. I mean that in the nicest possible way. People just don’t want baggage. So I’d say she thought about that and decided she was happy to be on her own

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I don’t find the route she has gone down odd. What I find odd is the fact she’s doing it at her age. She’s still so young and has loads of time to meet someone. It will be more difficult to do that now and find someone who is willing to take on two kids but then again, maybe she doesn’t want a partner and that’s fine too.

the most strange thing is all these danish men having multiple kids around the world and not knowing anything about them!
My friend did it at roughly the same age. She was never really interested in meeting a partner but loved the idea of being a mum so she went for it. She’s still happily single with the most gorgeous 10 year old daughter. It would have to be an absolute emergency for her to ask for help, she’s fiercely independent & was from the day her daughter was born

Reactions: 8
Maybe contaversional but she chose and paid to have the kids why should she get a house subsided by the state 😳 can't see why she should get one tbh
How is that different to a couple in a one income average salary family planning a pregnancy, they would most like qualify for housing assistance too. Or are there no families on the housing list that planned their families knowing they couldn’t afford to pay for market rate housing? Or no single parents? Kinda bizarre that she isn’t deemed as worthy cos she used fertility assistance, what difference does it make who the father is. An absent father is an absent father regardless of method of conception.

• Heart
How is that different to a couple in a one income average salary family planning a pregnancy, they would most like qualify for housing assistance too. Or are there no families on the housing list that planned their families knowing they couldn’t afford to pay for market rate housing? Or no single parents? Kinda bizarre that she isn’t deemed as worthy cos she used fertility assistance, what difference does it make who the father is. An absent father is an absent father regardless of method of conception.
Tbh I think its different because she spent over 10k to get them here and it would be then putting further pressure on a pressurised system... she had money.

Anyway. I don't think she will look for housing. She's under mammys skirt for the long haul

Reactions: 5
Mom.is out. I wonder did she bring her pump? No doubt she will let everyone know.

• Haha
Mom.is out. I wonder did she bring her pump? No doubt she will let everyone know.
The entire restaurant will know she is bottle feeding them breast milk but she CAN tandem feed them on the breast

Reactions: 2
She’s incredibly Lucky to have her parents.. didn’t they swop cars with her halfway through her pregnancy because she couldn’t fit behind the wheel of hers anymore and then they also swopped bedrooms with her because her room used to be next to the living room and their room was Also bigger for her and the twins… she had the mother tearing up and down the road to cork too which is over an hour driving her up and down to appointments etc so solo journey is laughable!!
She is also extremely unhealthy as are all the family and she is only about 5ft 2 in real life so she was also incredibly lucky she didn’t have more complications and has two lovely healthy little girls. I do agree also with the previous poster those clinics in cork are money grabbers and don’t do any due diligence or support work before taking peoples money if you can pay they fee they will provide the service even if it isn’t healthy or wise.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
She’s incredibly Lucky to have her parents.. didn’t they swop cars with her halfway through her pregnancy because she couldn’t fit behind the wheel of hers anymore and then they also swopped bedrooms with her because her room used to be next to the living room and their room was Also bigger for her and the twins… she had the mother tearing up and down the road to cork too which is over an hour driving her up and down to appointments etc so solo journey is laughable!!
She is also extremely unhealthy as are all the family and she is only about 5ft 2 in real life so she was also incredibly lucky she didn’t have more complications and has two lovely healthy little girls. I do agree also with the previous poster those clinics in cork are money grabbers and don’t do any due diligence or support work before taking peoples money if you can pay they fee they will provide the service even if it isn’t healthy or wise.
I wondered why she didn't get herself in better shape, health wise, before starting treatment. You would want to give your body the best shot you could before spending that money

Tbh I think its different because she spent over 10k to get them here and it would be then putting further pressure on a pressurised system... she had money.

Anyway. I don't think she will look for housing. She's under mammys skirt for the long haul
Not everyone is in the lucky position of being able to conceive a child the old fashioned way, for free if you want to look at it from a € perspective. She has worked all her adult life and no doubt has been paying her fair share of taxes, can the same be said for everyone on the housing list I wonder. She has the same rights as everyone else regardless of her family status as a citizen and a taxpayer. Housing in this country is unattainable to many people for many reasons. How does conceiving your child by way of assisted fertility treatment instead of going out and having unprotected sex and getting pregnant make someone less entitled to assistance if they need it and meet the criteria?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not everyone is in the lucky position of being able to conceive a child the old fashioned way, for free if you want to look at it from a € perspective. She has worked all her adult life and no doubt has been paying her fair share of taxes, can the same be said for everyone on the housing list I wonder. She has the same rights as everyone else regardless of her family status as a citizen and a taxpayer. Housing in this country is unattainable to many people for many reasons. How does conceiving your child by way of assisted fertility treatment instead of going out and having unprotected sex and getting pregnant make someone less entitled to assistance if they need it and meet the criteria?
It's just the way I see things... you put in stellar effort to have a baby you should be able to provide for them.
And she is 33... 15 years on her salary is not a collosal amount of tax so I just wouldn't accept that.
Without digging into the morals of every family that gets social housing it just shouldn't be the intent when you plan a family.

I know all to well that not everyone can conceive the old fashioned way. But anyone I know who has gone through fertility treatment has secured themselves a lifestyle where they can provide for their babies. Both single and couples.

It's just the way I see things... you put in stellar effort to have a baby you should be able to provide for them.
And she is 33... 15 years on her salary is not a collosal amount of tax so I just wouldn't accept that.
Without digging into the morals of every family that gets social housing it just shouldn't be the intent when you plan a family.

I know all to well that not everyone can conceive the old fashioned way. But anyone I know who has gone through fertility treatment has secured themselves a lifestyle where they can provide for their babies. Both single and couples.
If only every parent was held to the same standards as those who need fertility assistance there might be a very short housing list!

Some people put every cent they have into trying to have a family, you appear to know only the lucky ones not in that position, that is not the truth for everyone. You only have to dip your toe in the fertility assistance world, the forums etc. to see that. Unfortunately it is a world I am familiar with however given we would be deemed a high-income household thankfully affordability was never an issue for us, we own our own home etc.

As far as tax is concerned, her fair share is what the Government deem it to be, not you or I. If she’s paying it she is doing her bit.

Reactions: 7
I know she had a spent donor but did she have to get ivf? Sorry I’m not that familiar with her?

I know she had a spent donor but did she have to get ivf? Sorry I’m not that familiar with her?
She did ivf as previous IUI’s failed but I don’t think she had known fertility issues herself. Ivf has better success rates than IUI so eventually a lot of people move on to it if no success with the less invasive options.

If only every parent was held to the same standards as those who need fertility assistance there might be a very short housing list!

Some people put every cent they have into trying to have a family, you appear to know only the lucky ones not in that position, that is not the truth for everyone. You only have to dip your toe in the fertility assistance world, the forums etc. to see that. Unfortunately it is a world I am familiar with however given we would be deemed a high-income household thankfully affordability was never an issue for us, we own our own home etc.

As far as tax is concerned, her fair share is what the Government deem it to be, not you or I. If she’s paying it she is doing her bit.
I'm not singling her out for needing fertility assistance or holding her to any different standard. I have the same set of beliefs and standards for anyone who *plans* a family. I take issue with the entire approach and system. I think I just know responsible people tbh.

I also didnt try to say she should pay more tax just that I think your point about her being entitled because she pays taxes isn't really a valid point.

Anyway... you and I clearly have a different moral code on the topic and that's fine. This isn't the thread for that debate 😇

• Wow
  • Angry
I'm not singling her out for needing fertility assistance or holding her to any different standard. I have the same set of beliefs and standards for anyone who *plans* a family. I take issue with the entire approach and system. I think I just know responsible people tbh.

I also didnt try to say she should pay more tax just that I think your point about her being entitled because she pays taxes isn't really a valid point.

Anyway... you and I clearly have a different moral code on the topic and that's fine. This isn't the thread for that debate 😇
My moral code, as mother especially, doesn’t discriminate against children in need of a roof over their heads no matter how they were conceived. Children are so innocent and vulnerable and dependent on society doing the right thing when, for whatever reason, their needs can’t be met be their parent(s). We pay an eye watering amount of tax in my house and quite frankly there’s worse place it could go than housing children IMO. Thankfully there has been zero indication that this lady has any need or want for social housing in the first place.

Jesus she was out for hours and hours I know we all need a night out with friends but the babies are very small
I remeber my sister taking the baby when she was a three weeks old she brought her for a walk and I bawled crying 😢 waiting for them to come back they were not even gone 40 minutes 😂😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.