Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My moral code, as mother especially, doesn’t discriminate against children in need of a roof over their heads no matter how they were conceived. Children are so innocent and vulnerable and dependent on society doing the right thing when, for whatever reason, their needs can’t be met be their parent(s). We pay an eye watering amount of tax in my house and quite frankly there’s worse place it could go than housing children IMO. Thankfully there has been zero indication that this lady has any need or want for social housing in the first place.
You're missing the point again Thump. I'm not talking about homeless kids. (As a mother). I'm talking about irresponsible planners and the entitlement people have on society.

Your tax bill doesn't give you any more or less right to the way you think. In my house our taxes exceeded 6 figures a year moons ago. There are many things I am happy that money does. I'm not happy to support hypothetical fools who just 'want' with inadequate planning.

And agreed, thankfully this lady doesnt seem to need the house. She's happy to be home... as I said in my first posts 🙄

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Jesus she was out for hours and hours I know we all need a night out with friends but the babies are very small
I remeber my sister taking the baby when she was a three weeks old she brought her for a walk and I bawled crying 😢 waiting for them to come back they were not even gone 40 minutes 😂😂
I was the same took me ages to agree to let my sister take my son and when she did you'd think she kidnapped him I was bawling 🥺😂 hormones I suppose 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Where is she from I see she had coqbull in limerick tagged
Charnaville I think

I think she should change the name of her page now to my breast feeding journey.
Because it's all she talks about.

Reactions: 3
You're missing the point again Thump. I'm not talking about homeless kids. (As a mother). I'm talking about irresponsible planners and the entitlement people have on society.

Your tax bill doesn't give you any more or less right to the way you think. In my house our taxes exceeded 6 figures a year moons ago. There are many things I am happy that money does. I'm not happy to support hypothetical fools who just 'want' with inadequate planning.

And agreed, thankfully this lady doesnt seem to need the house. She's happy to be home... as I said in my first posts 🙄
So your point is only unplanned families are entitled to social housing. Got it.

So your point is only unplanned families are entitled to social housing. Got it.
I don’t think this is about Lisa at all. This has become a political discussion. I think the other poster is frustrated in general about the social housing system. I get it. There is no denying that there are people out there who have kids and then more and more kids to push them over the threshold to avail of these social services - of which there are a lot. It’s playing the system and it’s wrong. We also know now that a social house is no longer a dingy flat. It’s a brand spanking new house in a lovely development beside people who have worked their asses off to do it the hard way and get a mortgage - this does create frustrations and tension among society.

But we should leave this here cause there’s no point in getting into politics. Lisa may not be that way inclined, or she may be, who knows. Let’s hope not.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m sorry but I lived at home when I had my first daughter, and my parents were only delighted to watch a newborn who mostly slept for the whole time while I slept for a few hours. I don’t think it’s fair to go on about about the help she gets. If your a first time mom it’s tough, I think she does show that. Ok she does go on about breastfeeding a bit too much for me. And yes now is the easy part wait until they are crawling and walking. I don’t get the impression Lisa wants a council house she’s very content where she is. Yes life is harder when you have older kids and school runs etc but she wouldn’t know this as she only has the babies who sleep a lot of the day

I don’t think Lisa wants a council house. She said she worked from a young age and is a health care worker, I’m nearly sure the cut off point for a council house is 35K and she is prob on more than that. And to be fair the lists are so long nowadays with families mothers and kids would she really be moved up it that much? She’s still looking at years of a waiting time
I agree with you. I've two about to be 3 kids 🙈. But everyone of my friends who now have more than one kids at different ages agrees how when you have your first you think it's so hard because it's all you know. Then when you have your second we all looked back and said what were we going on about sure we could sleep when baby slept and we only had to worry about ourselves and baby. Then when you have a toddler and newborn or older child and newborn it's a different ball game. You have school runs, activities, all which can mess with baby's sleep etc. Throw in home work and the increased housework, cooking, washing on top and you think back to how simple it was with just the baby to worry about with your first. But I think we're all guilty of this. It's all she knows right now. She never said she was representing the average mother (with alot less help) just that she's sharing her particular journey.

Now there are things and the way she goes on at times that does grate on me and over sharing at times.

So hard to get 1 selfie when you've had your hair done, got washed and dressed and went out for a few hours...don't talk shite Lisa

I'm sure she wasnt left to get ready with 2 babies hanging off her!

She reckons babies waking at 4am is an early riser. Are those babies not around 5 or 6 weeks old. As far as I'm unconcerned that's the norm and they are waking for a feed??? Hardly up now for the day 🤣

• Haha
She reckons babies waking at 4am is an early riser. Are those babies not around 5 or 6 weeks old. As far as I'm unconcerned that's the norm and they are waking for a feed??? Hardly up now for the day 🤣
She will have got shot of them soon as her parents get up

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.