Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She only acknowledges the other instahuns not us peasants 🤭🤣🤣🤣🤣
Absolutely. We are below her now cause we don’t have goodies to send 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m sorry but I lived at home when I had my first daughter, and my parents were only delighted to watch a newborn who mostly slept for the whole time while I slept for a few hours. I don’t think it’s fair to go on about about the help she gets. If your a first time mom it’s tough, I think she does show that. Ok she does go on about breastfeeding a bit too much for me. And yes now is the easy part wait until they are crawling and walking. I don’t get the impression Lisa wants a council house she’s very content where she is. Yes life is harder when you have older kids and school runs etc but she wouldn’t know this as she only has the babies who sleep a lot of the day

I don’t think Lisa wants a council house. She said she worked from a young age and is a health care worker, I’m nearly sure the cut off point for a council house is 35K and she is prob on more than that. And to be fair the lists are so long nowadays with families mothers and kids would she really be moved up it that much? She’s still looking at years of a waiting time
She is a health care assistant not a nurse etc so she wouldn’t be on more than that. Also I would imagine the criteria for housing change once you have dependants and she now has two and one income.

Reactions: 1
Out of curiosity, being a single mam would she be priority for social housing? I’m not judging just genuine curiosity. Considering she spent thousands to be a single mam by choice 😳
I doubt she’d qualify for social housing because I’d imagine working for the hse she’d be over the income limit, but maybe not

HSE HCA scale isn’t great, starts at about €26K and you’d want to be there a decade to more to be hitting the €33k plus mark. She was off the whole time (paid sick leave I imagine) when having ivf and then cocooned off when pregnant (paid) and now on paid mat leave. She will have 2 years worth of hols (8 weeks Hols and 18 bank hols) to take when her mat leave ends. So she will have been off work for near to 2.5/3 years by the end of it, hard to see her going back full time anyway! But then again different to someone who has to get the kids up and out and off to childcare etc, maybe because of the perks (paid sick etc) that come with HSE job that she will go back.

^ I do know HSE is a hell hole I, not saying go work for them I just mean it’s better perks that a private care job etc

Reactions: 2
HSE HCA scale isn’t great, starts at about €26K and you’d want to be there a decade to more to be hitting the €33k plus mark. She was off the whole time (paid sick leave I imagine) when having ivf and then cocooned off when pregnant (paid) and now on paid mat leave. She will have 2 years worth of hols (8 weeks Hols and 18 bank hols) to take when her mat leave ends. So she will have been off work for near to 2.5/3 years by the end of it, hard to see her going back full time anyway! But then again different to someone who has to get the kids up and out and off to childcare etc, maybe because of the perks (paid sick etc) that come with HSE job that she will go back.

^ I do know HSE is a hell hole I, not saying go work for them I just mean it’s better perks that a private care job etc
Yeah public sector always have the best perks when it comes to time off. I work for the private sector and am expected back to work in March after my maternity leave ends. There is only one crèche in my area that will take babies younger than 12 months. They are booked up till 2023 and I put his name down early and I can’t seem to get a childminder!

and yet, she will prob get paid to take as much time off as she needs.

She’ll get 26 weeks paid mat leave and then her holidays. The same as everyone else gets regardless of public or private sector. There’s no other magical paid maternity leave in the hse

Reactions: 3
Nice to see her getting her hair done but kind of wasted when she wouldn't get dressed for it. If I had people calling while I was in jammies I'd die. Loungewear maybe OK but jammies.... I wouldn't open the door!

I'm sure she will take her 2 years of HSE breastfeeding time anyways and let everyone know about it. (Actually a great rule to bring in to be fair but I wouldn't be advertising to my colleagues.... or the world....)

Nice to see her getting her hair done but kind of wasted when she wouldn't get dressed for it. If I had people calling while I was in jammies I'd die. Loungewear maybe OK but jammies.... I wouldn't open the door!

I'm sure she will take her 2 years of HSE breastfeeding time anyways and let everyone know about it. (Actually a great rule to bring in to be fair but I wouldn't be advertising to my colleagues.... or the world....)
What’s that?

A new HSE breastfeeding policy was introduced in November 2020 which is to facilitate HSE workers to have space and time to accommodate breastfeeding until the child's 2nd birthday.
So bring them to work and then back to a crèche? I’m not sure how that would be practical.

A new HSE breastfeeding policy was introduced in November 2020 which is to facilitate HSE workers to have space and time to accommodate breastfeeding until the child's 2nd birthday.
I think it's ridiculous. It will be abused, and children don't NEED breastfeeding until that age

I think it's ridiculous. It will be abused, and children don't NEED breastfeeding until that age
I agree but god forbid you say something about extended breastfeeding without upsetting anyone. So many insta huns are at it now and the tandem feeding with a toddler hanging out of them. Ridiculous

• Heart
I'm actually all for extended feeding but I hate the ones harping on about it.

Its more like accommodating pumping time and clean area or an early finish. Its not a huge amount of time.. maybe 30 mins

She’ll get 26 weeks paid mat leave and then her holidays. The same as everyone else gets regardless of public or private sector. There’s no other magical paid maternity leave in the hse
there is! They pay you a basic wage, not just your mat benefit. The HSE pay you for 26 weeks minus the mat benefit amount

The ear
there is! They pay you a basic wage, not just your mat benefit. The HSE pay you for 26 weeks minus the mat benefit amount
I was replying to an earlier comment where someone said they were expected back to work after their mat leave ends, but solo journey whatever her name is will be paid by the hse to take as long off as she needs. That’s simply not true, her paid mat leave will end after 26 weeks like everyone else’s. Though there’s some new thing for mothers of preemies I think, but that’s statutory, not a bonus of being a hse employee

To fair more accommodations for BF mothers was needed in workplaces because previously it only covered babies up to 6 months and most women don’t go back before that, and it really depends on your job situation for most it wouldn’t be practical to up and leave to feed or pump for x amount of time during the day but some people could use it to leave earlier or start later if that works.

I’m sorry but I lived at home when I had my first daughter, and my parents were only delighted to watch a newborn who mostly slept for the whole time while I slept for a few hours. I don’t think it’s fair to go on about about the help she gets. If your a first time mom it’s tough, I think she does show that. Ok she does go on about breastfeeding a bit too much for me. And yes now is the easy part wait until they are crawling and walking. I don’t get the impression Lisa wants a council house she’s very content where she is. Yes life is harder when you have older kids and school runs etc but she wouldn’t know this as she only has the babies who sleep a lot of the day

I don’t think Lisa wants a council house. She said she worked from a young age and is a health care worker, I’m nearly sure the cut off point for a council house is 35K and she is prob on more than that. And to be fair the lists are so long nowadays with families mothers and kids would she really be moved up it that much? She’s still looking at years of a waiting time
I’m not saying she’s looking for one.. was just curious about if she’s entitled to one. Out of curiosity. I’ll get torn to shreds for this comment but I just find it hard to get my head around someone wanting to have IVF at her age and have twins on their own per say. Call me old fashioned but it’s just hard to get your head around that you can go get a sperm donor and have IVF and then the girls when their older have the option of meeting the male who donated his sperm ? 🤔

I’m not saying she’s looking for one.. was just curious about if she’s entitled to one. Out of curiosity. I’ll get torn to shreds for this comment but I just find it hard to get my head around someone wanting to have IVF at her age and have twins on their own per say. Call me old fashioned but it’s just hard to get your head around that you can go get a sperm donor and have IVF and then the girls when their older have the option of meeting the male who donated his sperm ? 🤔
in fairness as much as her slobbyness annoys me, I can understand someone single wanting to go this route ❤

I don’t find the route she has gone down odd. What I find odd is the fact she’s doing it at her age. She’s still so young and has loads of time to meet someone. It will be more difficult to do that now and find someone who is willing to take on two kids but then again, maybe she doesn’t want a partner and that’s fine too.

the most strange thing is all these danish men having multiple kids around the world and not knowing anything about them!

Reactions: 5
She is quiet young, and she could have met someone for sure and tried to go that way rather than IVF especially with how expensive it is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.