Lisa My_solo_journey_to_Mom #9 Back to work, having a ‘mare, would rather be flogging jellies & shapewear!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They do say it takes until about 2 for them to catch up we were told by the NICU. It is a really fair and accurate way of doing it because otherwise they wouldn’t be meeting milestones.
Maybe I’m sensitive about this as I’m also a premature baby parent but I do also tell people her corrected age and explain especially when people ask why she isn’t walking or say something about her size- so I do understand why Lisa uses it.
I totally get what your saying. However Lisa didn’t use their corrected age when he came to weaning , which annoyed a lot of people ( myself included!).

Reactions: 13
I totally get what your saying. However Lisa didn’t use their corrected age when he came to weaning , which annoyed a lot of people ( myself included!).
I don’t think I’ll ever forget how much food they were pumped with and how early it was for the little size of them. They’ve settled a lot but they looked permanently uncomfortable in the early weeks of weaning.

Reactions: 10
I don’t think I’ll ever forget how much food they were pumped with and how early it was for the little size of them. They’ve settled a lot but they looked permanently uncomfortable in the early weeks of weaning.
That’s because they’re baby led now, so they stop when they feel full. Not her shovelling spoons of food into them until they can’t move 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
They do say it takes until about 2 for them to catch up we were told by the NICU. It is a really fair and accurate way of doing it because otherwise they wouldn’t be meeting milestones.
Maybe I’m sensitive about this as I’m also a premature baby parent but I do also tell people her corrected age and explain especially when people ask why she isn’t walking or say something about her size- so I do understand why Lisa uses it.
Was a genuine question and appreciate the response. Hope your little one is flying it and doing well. Also feel that using the term suits Lisa and totally aware that not every parent will do this. You definitely aren’t being sensitive, wouldn’t imagine the worry associated with an early baby is something you forget in a hurry.

Reactions: 3
I just came on to ask if they celebrate their first birthday or when does the corrected age stop being mentioned and it’s a genuine question. Is it for babies to meet milestones. They are here and and x amount of months because if when they were born. Don’t get it 🤷‍♀️

Premature babies it stopps at 2

Reactions: 2
That’s because they’re baby led now, so they stop when they feel full. Not her shovelling spoons of food into them until they can’t move 🤦🏻‍♀️
Even when she moved to baby led she was pushing chunks of pastry into their mouths as they weren’t physically able to pick things up themselves. Really uncomfortable viewing

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Lisa just wants to use it as another way to drag on the attention of having babies, not 1 baby but 2, not twins but premature twins!

She doesn't apply it correctly at all, uses it when suits and luckily for her, her babies are doing very well and look to be meeting their milestones comfortably. For a lot of parents of premature babies the corrected age is so much more relevant as it is more appropriate to where their babies are at developmentally. Lisa is just throwing it out there almost as a brag that her twins are crawling etc even though their only 8 months corrected.

For their 1st birthday we'll get the post of how they are now 1 blah blah blah but we'll get it all again when their due date roles round!

For a normal parent of a premature baby I would take no notice if they did that with the due date post after their birthdays have past, as it is so unbelievable how these babies overcome so much to get to where they are a year later. The pride and relief that their parents must feel must be enormous! But Lisa seems oblivious to a lot of the hardship faced by others

Reactions: 4
She mentioned the ‘corrected’ age when it suits. Nothing about it when she started weaning them wayyyyy too early or any of the other stuff!

Reactions: 6
What is with this wans obsession with pastries? My 4 year old has probably had about 3 in her whole life, the twins get them shoved in their face every day! 🤯

Reactions: 8
I couldn’t figure out what she was trying to say about that travel page she wants us to follow? Was it actually English?
But then proofreading is a bit much of ask of a Solo mom, she has twins like and only de two hands if dat makes sense joo know?

• Haha
I couldn’t figure out what she was trying to say about that travel page she wants us to follow? Was it actually English?
But then proofreading is a bit much of ask of a Solo mom, she has twins like and only de two hands if dat makes sense joo know?
One photo on their grid

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Her follow suggestions really irritate me, I don’t know why! Especially when she says let’s get this page to 10k followers. Thinks she’s Billy Big Balls Joo know?

• Haha
I get that babies are messy feeders, but Christ on a bike, how about you wipe them once in a while whilst they are feeding. They look disgustingly dirty.

Reactions: 15
I don't understand why she keeps feeding them pastry?! Did someone once say the pre-made pastry is OK to give a child and she's going with it. I've never seen anyone eat so much pastry never mind 10 month olds (sorry even worse 8 months and I week corrected). Instagram pastry chefs are barely showing as much pastry as she does.

The nutritional value of them is basically fat. I'll say it again why does she keep feeding them pastry??? 😠

Reactions: 6
I don't understand why she keeps feeding them pastry?! Did someone once say the pre-made pastry is OK to give a child and she's going with it. I've never seen anyone eat so much pastry never mind 10 month olds (sorry even worse 8 months and I week corrected). Instagram pastry chefs are barely showing as much pastry as she does.

The nutritional value of them is basically fat. I'll say it again why does she keep feeding them pastry??? 😠
Convenience. It’s handy because it’s already pre made, roll out pastry. If she were to actually make it they wouldn’t be having it 🙄 she’d be better making a loa of brown bread that you just add water to the mix 🤦🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.