Lisa - My_Solo_Journey_To_Mom #4 Do the girls constantly nap, or is Lisa full of it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really needs to have a chat with her Gp or health nurse, not being able to get out all week & not being arsed getting dressed makes me wonder about her mental health. All the help she can avail of at home & she can’t get herself washed & dressed to get out for a little while? If she really wanted to she would make it happen. She could shower at night while her parents are there so all she has to do is throw on clothes when she gets up, it would take less than 5 mins to so clothes hair & teeth if she got herself organised the night before. If her info re the girls sleep pattern & her own is true then she has a big gap at night after they go down to have her change bag fully stocked & by the door with the car seats

Reactions: 10
I don’t really understand what she’s Tryin to say - I think she has PND but is in denial for some reason. As it’s totally recognised now compared to years ago. Obviously she really wanted the girls but is feelin down , day in day out same thing over and over.
If shes not feeling down and her mood isn’t low, and she can’t get dressed or showered , then surely it’s just laziness 🤷‍♀️ 🤔

Reactions: 12
I don’t really understand what she’s Tryin to say - I think she has PND but is in denial for some reason. As it’s totally recognised now compared to years ago. Obviously she really wanted the girls but is feelin down , day in day out same thing over and over.
If shes not feeling down and her mood isn’t low, and she can’t get dressed or showered , then surely it’s just laziness 🤷‍♀️ 🤔
I think having a baby/babies is a shock to the system for some. It’s hard bloody work & it’s monotonous & it can be lonely. She gets excited over dressing them up & showing them off like little dolls & she loves the attention that brings but when the phone is down it’s back to the same few things day in day out & it really gets to some people after a while. If you don’t get yourself out & do something you end up stuck in a rut like she is now & the longer she leaves it the harder it will be. As the girls get bigger it will be much harder as they will be more mobile, wont be used to the buggy & potentially hate being in it. They need to get used to being out & about while they’re still small or she’ll find herself more & more isolated.

Reactions: 7
She really sounds like she’s in denial about being depressed to be honest….if she listened back to herself would she realises there’s a few red flags sticking up.
The lip smacking she does in those stories actually made me want to throw my phone out the window!! 🤯

Reactions: 10
I think having a baby/babies is a shock to the system for some. It’s hard bloody work & it’s monotonous & it can be lonely. She gets excited over dressing them up & showing them off like little dolls & she loves the attention that brings but when the phone is down it’s back to the same few things day in day out & it really gets to some people after a while. If you don’t get yourself out & do something you end up stuck in a rut like she is now & the longer she leaves it the harder it will be. As the girls get bigger it will be much harder as they will be more mobile, wont be used to the buggy & potentially hate being in it. They need to get used to being out & about while they’re still small or she’ll find herself more & more isolated.
Yeah I totally agree with your point. I have kids myself and it’s tiring day in day out - get up, dressed , school run, dinners, homework etc etc. but i think for everyone it’s the same thing day in day out with our little routines. Some of my friends have no kids and some have their own routines and busy lives and it is lonely sometimes being a mammy.
But I think for Lisa she’s not doing herself any favours - you need to help yourself too. By not doing the basics - showered , dressed , eating heathy Etc your setting yourself up to fail.
If she got up and showered and out for a walk every day she’d feel a million times better in herself. And the babies need fresh air too.
if she’s struggling mentally she needs to seek help but she’s actually saying she’s not struggling or feeling down

Reactions: 5
I think it’s about time Lisa acknowledged her mental health more, it’s good she’s recognising things not being quite right but she can lay off with the not low mood tit. Admit it’s hard and you’re struggling and get some real help and a proper routine to try give her day some structure

Such a long winded story which didn’t make sense. Being stuck in a rut is not wanting to do the same thing day in day out!! Having a low mood however is!
Those poor girls- when was the last time they got some fresh air?! But Lisa got to go out for a few hours to meet friends and get food so all is good 👍🏽
But she asked so many times "does that make sense?" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Maybe there's an element there where she feels she's now allowed to 'be low' because she wanted pregnancy and had IVF.

I'm afraid PND does not discriminate on how much your child was wanted. It can strike anyone in any form and it is a rough ride. Dad's can get it too. I've been lucky personally but I've had friends/family suffering. There's no shame in it.

Reactions: 16
I'm in the minority here because I don't feel she has PDN. In my opinion she just realises now how hard and monotonous babies are and twins especially are hard, there's no denying that. I'd probably have stayed indoors for the first year with my twins if I hadn't an older toddler to entertain and take to the park etc. Sometimes it's just easier to stay in especially when they're so small. And I didn't have PND either thankfully. I'm sure she misses nights out too and all the help a partner would bring if she had one. Life has changed forever for her and the newborn phase where her and the babies are the centre of the universe is over.

Reactions: 11
I'm in the minority here because I don't feel she has PDN. In my opinion she just realises now how hard and monotonous babies are and twins especially are hard, there's no denying that. I'd probably have stayed indoors for the first year with my twins if I hadn't an older toddler to entertain and take to the park etc. Sometimes it's just easier to stay in especially when they're so small. And I didn't have PND either thankfully. I'm sure she misses nights out too and all the help a partner would bring if she had one. Life has changed forever for her and the newborn phase where her and the babies are the centre of the universe is over.
I'd be of the same opinion.

Reactions: 3
Ya i agree. The monotony can get to you so shes doing herself no favours by staying in pjs and not getting out and about some bit. I would imagine her eating habits aren't great either. I do feel it could escalate to a problem though. Noone will ever be able to tell you how difficult rearing a child is so I'd say all is not what she imagined it to be. How is she going to manage going back to work in a couple of momths time??

In her case too( and I'm only imagining so correct me if I'm wrong) being at home all day with your mother, all night with your mother, next day, next day can't be good for you. At least if you've a partner gone all day coming home with news and something different does help. And someone to give the baby to for a while, have dinner with, to say it's your turn for a while without feeling guilty your mother is minding them. Lisa's whole situation is different to most.

Reactions: 1
I do tend to agree, I think she's just lazy and the responsibility of 2 small babies is too much for her, even though she is blessed with all the help she gets and doesn't have the stress & worry of bills, mortgages etc that other parents (single or not) have. It might be different it she really was a solo parent because she would have no choice but to get on with things, but because she has so much help she just wants more and more. She has no interest in doing things for herself and the babies when someone else can do it for her..........in Lisa's own words, I hope that makes sense 😂

Reactions: 5
She wouldn’t be the first woman to be in denial about PND, but she’s not doing herself any favours here.
There’s SO much help for it nowadays and people are so much more open about it and mental health in general. The sooner she asks for help the sooner she’ll start to heal and feel like herself.

Reactions: 2
Exactly! My 5 yo is a disaster at night, special needs, so sometimes it can be half 10 or 11 when he goes down. I still make sure I have a shower after that.

Her priorities are all over the shop
I define mom life as working 5 days a week, cleaning, cooking, running errands etc. Even when I was on maternity leave I was running around like a headless chicken. I didnt realise it was defined as getting nothing done.
I don’t think working a 5 day week is a prerequisite to “mom life”.

Reactions: 4
Grandad obviously babysitting while herself and De Mudder go shopping.......what was the ridiculous story about handbags and baby bags, i seriously doubt you threw out all your handbags when you became a "Mom" so stop with the shite 🙄

I can’t stand when she calls her mam ‘de mudder’

Funny she seems to constantly be with her own mother yet denies her girls of the luxury of being with theirs..

Reactions: 6
I seriously don’t know how anyone could be so tired or lazy..

Maybe instead of another nap you get up and clear away your babies clothes from the coffee table in what’s probably the main room of a house that’s not even yours? Can’t be pleasant for anyone else in the house to live there with her

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.