Lisa - My_Solo_Journey_To_Mom #4 Do the girls constantly nap, or is Lisa full of it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She isn't a nice person at all.
Everything is a trouble and complaint.

Today's complaints were despicable. Absolutely disgusting.

Described her booking appointment as a horrible experience.
Doll your baby is healthy. There are many many women that go to booking appointments and have far more terrible experiences.

She's vile.

And yea... 36...

She's the car crash I can't stop watching.
I don't know what she was expecting, red carpet??
Course loads there waiting for appointments

Just had a peek at that ttc wan! She was on about meeting the consultant and probably didn't if she's not private? I'd say defo expecting special treatment on account of her situation. I don't know what hospital she's attending but they just don't have time to entertain people like her.
Waterford

She has the girls in maxi cosi seats no?

They are safest for as long as the girls fit which is usually around 18months. Sometimes smaller kids get to almost 2 in them.
The girls are at least 6 months off needing the next stage seats

Reactions: 2
Stop, I get a pain in my chest when I see those bloody Nania seats and you have the absolute dopes “tHeY wOuLdN’t SeLl ThEm If ThEy’Re NoT sAfEeEe!!” yeah Mary love but yet they still sell cigarettes….

Best thing to do is leave them in an infant carrier until they max the limit and then they should fit into an extended rear facing seat like an Axkid. In saying I got one and I loved it but it unfortunately wasn’t practical in our car. But I’m happy I got to 3.5 yrs with her rear facing when most people only do 6 months. 🥲

Spin seats are a godsend btw, I’ve also had one of those.

Got to 3.5yrs rear facing with my 2nd baba in a Joie every stage, delighted with it, sorry to have to turn him but baby number 3 arrived and logistics didn't allow it, like bloody tetris 😅 can't imagine for the life of me moving my 16wk old out of maxi cosi for ages yet, she's massive compared to the twins but no way! Also does Lisa not realise it's a million times easier when you can take in and out a maxi cosi when they fall asleep in the car etc. Then again hers are hardly ever taken outside the sitting room 😳

My poor little monkey probably thinks the car is her bedroom as we're on the road constantly for school runs fir the older 2, I'll be getting as long as possible out of the maxi cosi 🙈

Waterford

This one is the most miserable bastard I've ever seen!! Was she expecting a red carpet like..? My friend works there, must warn her 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Now lisa even Janette who’s arse you lick isn’t pleased with your stories this morning! 16 months lisa not 6 months
Is that the one that does the baby suits I'm sorry now but she gives me a rash has she her own thread

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't follow her, hadn't heard of her until I seen your comment here, just had a look at her page...

duck sake, what an ungrateful witch!!! I had a miscarriage last week, I'd give anything to be in her situation right now, I'd take a store room scan over a "sorry your baby is gone" conversation with a midwife in the early pregnancy unit anyday 😭

She really doesn't realise how lucky she is, if youre reading here, cop yourself on, we are coming through a bloody pandemic, nurses, doctors and hospitals are still under pressure, if a scan in a 'store room' is all you've to worry about, you're doing well 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I had 2 in 2020- now they’re horrible experiences. Can’t believe the ttc one. She should be delighted her baby is fine

Why does she need a new car seat? Tmnot a chance are they above the 25th centile. My twins are bigger than hers and are just on the 25th centile. She'll get ages yet out of those seats.
I can see her getting Narnia seats which are the worst.
I'm saving for decent long lasting rear facing seats she should do the same shes got ages till they need to move over
I was going to put my 7.5 month old baby into the joie spin as I generally taught she had outgrown her baby seat until the woman in the shop told me she has another 4/5 months in it at least. She saved me €350. My baby was full term is an average sized baby so they don’t need to be in them if my 7.5 month was told she has 4/5 months left in it

The girls are at least 6 months off needing the next stage seats
Well my daughter is 7.5 months and I was told she has another 4/5 months in it at least as I felt she was to big for it. The woman adjusted the straps took the newborn puff out and she is perfect in it saved me €350 as I was about to buy the joie spin 360 seat. They are small for 4.5 months they definitely do not need new car seats if my normal average sized 7.5 month old was told she has another 5 months in it at least

Waterford
I’m from Waterford and couldn’t fault midwives or any of the staff throughout my pregnancy out there I was out their for 2 hours one day waiting around it wasn’t their fault they had 4 staff members out sick with covid and one sonographer on, if she’s complaining at this stage she has a long road ahead of her

Last edited:
Thing is I don’t know what she expected like I’ve had good care/bad care. But it is what it is.
My bad care was promising me a scan after vomiting blood and carrying twins I had the fear of god. Then dismissing me when I’d suffered previous losses. I got it sorted and all was thankfully ok.

But what did she think the booking would be? Tea and well done hun. Like they’ve a job to do and are so over stretched. Be thankful all is well.
Glad you were ok! ❤

Yeah she would really wanted to lower her expectations a bit. They don’t have time for tea and chats at these appointments and she should probably come to terms with that now as that appt will probably be the norm!
I’ve often described maternity hospital experiences as “the mart” 😂

Dangerous things Lisa has done off the top of my head….(but she won’t compromise on safety)

Wedge two co sleepers up beside each other

Put huge blankets on the babies when they were very very newborn

Feed them under her arm without looking at them

Feed with milky mate

Put them in high chairs that they were not ready for

Spend hours on end with babies in car seats when they were tiny

Put both babies in an ill fitting sling

Put baby on the kitchen counter in a baby seat

I could probably go on and on but she won’t compromise on safety

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
So just to clarify the maxi cosi cabriofix isn't outgrown until the baby is 13kg or the top of the head reaches the top of the seat shell (about 85cm for most babies) that's about 18 months old for the average baby. Some get longer some don't.

Multi stage seats are not the best, they don't do everything well. She would be wise to keep them in the cabriofix for another year at least then purchase 2x Axkid Move seats which will last until those girls are about 6 or 25kg.

The spin seats are handy but not essential and outgrown at 18kg (lots of kids reach it before 4 years old which is a bit early to FF, best to stay RF as long as possible and RF seats are actually easier to access.

She's not one bit concerned about car safety anyway because she's had non crash tested add ons on their seats from day 1, buckled in poorly and missing padding (safety essential) so she need not pretend now.

She'll probably stick them in those horrific cybex seats that get gifted with the big bar across babies chest (not safer than RF infant could be argued that they are the least safe). Or if she doesn't get gifted those it'll be Nania from Aldi because de mudder was in der.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was going to put my 7.5 month old baby into the joie spin as I generally taught she had outgrown her baby seat until the woman in the shop told me she has another 4/5 months in it at least. She saved me €350. My baby was full term is an average sized baby so they don’t need to be in them if my 7.5 month was told she has 4/5 months left in it

Well my daughter is 7.5 months and I was told she has another 4/5 months in it at least as I felt she was to big for it. The woman adjusted the straps took the newborn puff out and she is perfect in it saved me €350 as I was about to buy the joie spin 360 seat. They are small for 4.5 months they definitely do not need new car seats if my normal average sized 7.5 month old was told she has another 5 months in it at least
Most of those car seats are by weight. Maxi cosi cabriofix is to 13kg, my 9month old is 11.5kg!
Just because it says suitable to 18 months doesn’t mean it is. The up to 18kg seats were outgrown here by 2.5 not 4yrs as advertised 🙈

on that note she no more needs new seats.. why is she rushing them to grow up? God I wish my eldest girl was a baby again, the attitude from her now 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
You just know she will want to keep using isofix for sheer laziness when it's just as safe as belted. Belted is safer IMO if you strap correctly as isofixes can always fail

You just know she will want to keep using isofix for sheer laziness when it's just as safe as belted. Belted is safer IMO if you strap correctly as isofixes can always fail
Belted is also easier IMO
Much easier to get a good fit and once you figure out the install you're away with it.

Lisa probably hasn't the mobility to install a carseat herself. But RSA will do it for her.

I would say if she thought it was easier to lie them down on the back seat with the milky mates she probably would. I’m bleeping disgusted at how those babies are fed in the mornings. They’re just awake after a long sleep. They’re babies. Sidelying feeding them where you can’t even bleeping see them is so dangerous I just can’t understand it. You paid €12k to have them and you can’t even hold them to feed them. It’s nothing to do with having 2. People with 5 or 6 babies in multiples births bleeping manage it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Who is this ttc woman? I can’t find her at all on Instagram? What is the name on Instagram?

Who is this ttc woman? I can’t find her at all on Instagram? What is the name on Instagram?
You me and ttc but put that all together iykwim!! Can’t believe she’s. 47 my mother in her 60s looks better!! All I could see is her constant moaning about every ache and pain 🙄🙄 if she’s nearly 50 having a baby it’s going to be tough going!!

Youmeandttc

She's ages from 10k followers so can't have her own thread yet. I wonder if there could be one for the Irish fertility huns?
I mean theres more than one of them that's a pain in the arse

You me and ttc but put that all together iykwim!! Can’t believe she’s. 47 my mother in her 60s looks better!! All I could see is her constant moaning about every ache and pain 🙄🙄 if she’s nearly 50 having a baby it’s going to be tough going!!

She's not even 40 yet! She's 36 her partner is 47!!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.