Lisa My_solo_journey_to_mom #13 Lazy Lisa has a strop - "I've worked so hard for all I've got"...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I did a trial session with Lisa for my sons sleep thought I’d share some tips.

let your whole day obsess about them going to bed by night. Give up your job, your friends & all social outlets.
Wake them up DO NOT LET THEM WAKE
NATURALLY any morning . Bang 2 frying pans together over their head to wake them up gently.
Re-use the frying pans to cook a full Irish for your baby after giving them 2 morning bottles.
Breakfast should be: 3 sausages, 2 bacon, 1 egg, B&W pudding & a few chips.
Let them play by themselves (it’s very important you don’t play with them on the ground, babies are sneaky & will lure you into cleaning their toys etc. that is not your job,)
Let them get so exhausted they crawl to the bedroom in desperate need for sleep. Turn on the white noise machine, if you don’t have one, use your frying pans again here to produce a rattle. Leave them in complete darkness & put on a gentle movie like SCREAM or HALLOWEEN H20 so if they wake up it’ll ease them back to sleep!
No need to change their nappy unless they’re having their fortnightly bath.
Repeat this process for lunch, dinner & night time.
Every wan is different x

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I see one of those sleep coaches on insta has a new ‘service’ €150 to just talk to her about sleep over the phone.!! No follow up No plan Only babies who sleep well generally 🙄 €150 to be given advice available for free on their Instagram page 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
This is like women who give birth and are like I'll become a midwife, just cuz her girls sleep through doesn't mean shes some kind of expert. God how did our parents and their parents etc put us all to sleep.
I mean I know there is more information about our kids being well rested by following wake windows but you have to give some sort of leeway, I mean she hasn't exactly shown the girls developmental sleep regressions has she.... All baby go through that.
But sure what would I know I only have one

Reactions: 11
These things are a load of shite! I’m sorry but they make victims out of vulnerable mums who are sleep deprived and will pay anything for a good nights sleep and now they’re making victims out of mums who want the opportunity to work and be home for their children.

I actually used a sleep coach once (yep! I was one of those Mammys!) and honestly it was garbage. Not to mention that the woman sent me through a friggin essay to read which I couldn’t have wrapped my head around even if I’d had a good nights sleep. It’s all smoke and mirrors and bullshit. Some babies aren’t good sleepers and there’s no tips that these snake oil sellers are giving that you won’t find asking your Mammy friends or on some of the Mum and baby sites online. Save your money and ask a family member to come and help one night and buy them a takeaway and a bottle of wine for their troubles.

Reactions: 15
It's snake oil sales.

You can't sleep train a baby IMO. Especially not gentle.

Babies need comfort and connection.
They get pains and have to adjust to the world. Hold them, love them, hush them and follow their ques.

My advice to any new Mam is your baby will tell you what they need if you can block out the noise and watch your own baby, your instinct will bring you where you need to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yep!!
And if you’ve got the money spare for a sleep consultant spend it on getting a cleaner/ready made nutritious meals for yourself/door to door laundry service. Basically outsource as much as you possibly can so that when your baby does eventually sleep, you might be able to do the same. It does end eventually!

Reactions: 23
These things are a load of shite! I’m sorry but they make victims out of vulnerable mums who are sleep deprived and will pay anything for a good nights sleep and now they’re making victims out of mums who want the opportunity to work and be home for their children.

I actually used a sleep coach once (yep! I was one of those Mammys!) and honestly it was garbage. Not to mention that the woman sent me through a friggin essay to read which I couldn’t have wrapped my head around even if I’d had a good nights sleep. It’s all smoke and mirrors and bullshit. Some babies aren’t good sleepers and there’s no tips that these snake oil sellers are giving that you won’t find asking your Mammy friends or on some of the Mum and baby sites online. Save your money and ask a family member to come and help one night and buy them a takeaway and a bottle of wine for their troubles.
This completely. That's not to say you'd judge anyone who does try these services because sleep deprivation and the hormone mess is no joke, and as you say these people are taking advantage of women at a very vulnerable time in their lives.
It's snake oil sales.

You can't sleep train a baby IMO. Especially not gentle.

Babies need comfort and connection.
They get pains and have to adjust to the world. Hold them, love them, hush them and follow their ques.

My advice to any new Mam is your baby will tell you what they need if you can block out the noise and watch your own baby, your instinct will bring you where you need to go.
Completely agree with this too. It would be wonderful if there was some magic formula to make things go smoother during those looong nights, when you have a colicky baby, or a baby with reflux or just a non sleeping, fussy eating little one. But in lisas own words, what works for wan wont for the other wan.

Reactions: 5
I breastfeed, and although he’s not a bad sleeper, at 5 months it’s difficult to train him to sleep at night because he needs milk, what will she do when her answer can’t be stuff then with formula??
I don’t mind him waking, at the time it’s hard when I’m so tired but he’s my little baby and he needs me but I just mean how will she help a breastfeeding mother? A mother that doesn’t use screen time for their baby?

I breastfeed, and although he’s not a bad sleeper, at 5 months it’s difficult to train him to sleep at night because he needs milk, what will she do when her answer can’t be stuff then with formula??
I don’t mind him waking, at the time it’s hard when I’m so tired but he’s my little baby and he needs me but I just mean how will she help a breastfeeding mother? A mother that doesn’t use screen time for their baby?
She won't. This will come crashing down around her and she now has no hse pensionable job to fall back on. She's a dose and I'd say there is no talking to her. She will eventually just have to take some agency shifts to keep her in pinwheel and pancakes.

Reactions: 5
As someone with oodles of partner and family support, I wouldn’t dream of “advising” others from on high. Lisa would do well to do the same.
Parents who truly go it alone have my awe and respect. I have no idea how they maintain their sanity.

Reactions: 8
Lisa isn't stupid. Something tells me she has taken a career break and not completely quit her job like she indicated. I reckon she's taken a year career break and if the self employment doesn't work out she has her job to fall back on or extend the break if it does work out. She HAS to be signing on for a one parent family payment, how else can she afford to support those babies and all the food they are forced to eat 🤣

Reactions: 8
Babies are meant to wake during the night if they didn’t there would be a problem. Sleep training programs are a joke. It’s a scam. I wouldn’t pay this one to look after a dog never mind take her advice.

Reactions: 13
Lisa isn't stupid. Something tells me she has taken a career break and not completely quit her job like she indicated. I reckon she's taken a year career break and if the self employment doesn't work out she has her job to fall back on or extend the break if it does work out. She HAS to be signing on for a one parent family payment, how else can she afford to support those babies and all the food they are forced to eat 🤣
She said last weekend she has left her job. She wouldn’t be allowed do agency work if she was on a career break, the HSE don’t allow it & she most definitely wouldn’t be allowed run a business while on a career break.
The sensible thing for her to have done would be work her 2 days as normal in the hospital & start off her business with 1-2 clients a week to gain experience & earn some positive feedback before going full on into it as a career. If it looked like it might be a success then she could consider taking a step back from her HSE role. I’m going to guess that this is the advice from friends & family that the wouldn’t listen to. Her poor parents will be left with the financial burden of Lisa & the girls no doubt- because she quit her job she can’t claim jobseekers for 9 weeks. That’s just the start of it, coming into winter having her home 24-7 is going to have a big increase on energy usage.
On a side note, I’m going to assume the advice given on this course will be totally different to what she has done over the last year so how can she preach about something she has no personal experience with? No one will pick her out of a Google search. There’s 2 very well known & respected names pop up when you Google Irish sleep consultants.

Reactions: 6
I breastfeed and weaned my baby from night feeds at 8 months (he’s nearly 1 now) and had no issues at all. Dropped one feed every few days. He takes a soother. It went very smoothly. He stopped waking at those times almost immediately.
Now we both get a good nights sleep ☺

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I’m another who doesn’t believe she has given up her good pensionable job

Reactions: 2
I breastfeed and weaned my baby from night feeds at 8 months (he’s nearly 1 now) and had no issues at all. Dropped one feed every few days. He takes a soother. It went very smoothly. He stopped waking at those times almost immediately.
Now we both get a good nights sleep ☺
That will be €100 please love.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I really wonder about these gushing posts. I know it's her page and she can put up what she wants but the" I hope ye will always know how beautiful and loved ye are" just irk me. We all love our children and they will know if we tell them. She's not herself at all. I'd say she's a little depressed actually.

How much would you fork out for a sleep consultant? Initial consultation, follow ups, are they available on the phone when you need them (within reason)?
I needed a lactation consultant. I was skeptical. Then I realized she was actually the midwife who done my antenatal classes including the specific breastfeeding one. So a very experienced midwife. She called out to my house the next day and the issue was resolved in 20 minutes of her arrival. She stayed for a chat. I’m still bf now nearly a year on. She charged €50 and was available to chat when I needed her. Even phone calls. A lovely woman who really cares about mammies, baby’s, breastfeeding etc.
Lisa’s poor mammy customers will not getting this level of care or experience and I’m betting it will cost a lot more than €50! And probably a tenner person text message, €20 per 1 min phone call thereafter 🫢

Reactions: 4
To my shame I paid around €200! It was a consultant in England who one of the instahuns was touting at the time 🫣 my package included a big plan (which felt generic!) a phone call and then a certain amount of minutes time on WhatsApp messenger (they would keep track of how many minutes I’d used) to be honest I lost my head with it after trying a couple of techniques. They said they didn’t advocate controlled crying yet said to avoid any interaction with a baby who was crying, ie no rocking, cuddles, singing, etc….

In hindsight I should have paid that money for a housekeeper and asked my sister and friends to come round of an evening so I could shower and rest a little before the late night started.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.