Lisa My_solo_journey_to_mom #10 Always the bridesmaid never the bride, can’t go to work, flogs junk on th

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If they’re napping durin the day there’s no need to put them to bed at 630 🙈 if she keeps that up, they will wake after 7-8 hours sleep for a few hours thinking it’s playtime an she will be on cryin again cause they were up with the ‘midnight antics’
I remember when my 1yr old used to wake up in the middle of the night chatting away and jumping around the room.. The joys😂 now she sleeps in my bed, screams when i try put her in the cot!!

Reactions: 2
If they’re napping durin the day there’s no need to put them to bed at 630 🙈 if she keeps that up, they will wake after 7-8 hours sleep for a few hours thinking it’s playtime an she will be on cryin again cause they were up with the ‘midnight antics’
My LG is 8 months and sleeps either 8-8 or 9-9. Some days she might get sleepy at 6/6.30 so I'll let her go for a very quick snooze. I'd be afraid of my life if she went to bed that early that she'd have me up at 5/6 the next morning! 🤣🙈

I’m by no means sticking up for her far from it, but there is loads of parents who have they kids in bed before 7 o clock. I’ve heard so many putting their kids in bed at 6/6.30 or 7 like why the hell bother having kids if all your going to do is whack them into bed!
Sometimes the parents can’t help it.
There was a period of 2 years where I couldn’t keep my little one awake past 6/6.30 pm. It really got to me because I wouldn’t see him for more than an hour or 2 on the days I was working. Last summer when the clocks changed I tried hard to get him to sleep for 7.30 instead so I could spend time with him. It’s great now but some days I can’t wait for bedtime 👀😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
A few months ago my little lady went through a painful phase of refusing to nap in the afternoon. It was absolutely rotten cause she was miserable with tiredness but point blank refusing to close an eye, I'd try anything.. cot nap, nap in arms, boob to sleep, a bottle, rock in the buggy or a spin in the car. The absolute last resort was bed at half6. But unfortunately it happened a bit for those few months. Then you just have to make your peace with the night being a pile of tit and go with it. Sure a child is bound to be hungry over night and just go with it and get on with it.

Thank duck she hasn't done it in a long time now and has been going to bed about 9pm most nights all summer and it's great for the whole family!

I think all those bloody sleep books and baby sleep consultants have everyone brainwashed that bedtime for babies is 7pm and nothing else will work. Crock of absolute tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think the big change is somehow connected to social media, she would have said otherwise it she was doing a course or switching to home help , it was the whole typical Instagram thing of “ I’m not allowed to tell ye yet” kinda phrases she used

Reactions: 1
I was wondering if she's going starting a course, as a HSE employee she could get sponsored to do a degree in nursing or Midwifery. It's a huge undertaking though. I did it as a young one but a lot of my year had kids. It was unbelievably hard going and fair play to each and everybody who got through it. I couldn't imagine her doing it. She'd be stupid to take it on imo.

There was an element of secrecy alright so maybe a social media change makes more sense... anything she can do from the comfort of her own couch would be more likely!!

Reactions: 5
I reckon sleep training after the comment of it being hard work to get there etc etc, seems everyone is doing it at the moment 🥱

Sometimes the parents can’t help it.
There was a period of 2 years where I couldn’t keep my little one awake past 6/6.30 pm. It really got to me because I wouldn’t see him for more than an hour or 2 on the days I was working. Last summer when the clocks changed I tried hard to get him to sleep for 7.30 instead so I could spend time with him. It’s great now but some days I can’t wait for bedtime 👀😂
Very same as you ,
I was wondering if she's going starting a course, as a HSE employee she could get sponsored to do a degree in nursing or Midwifery. It's a huge undertaking though. I did it as a young one but a lot of my year had kids. It was unbelievably hard going and fair play to each and everybody who got through it. I couldn't imagine her doing it. She'd be stupid to take it on imo.

There was an element of secrecy alright so maybe a social media change makes more sense... anything she can do from the comfort of her own couch would be more likely!!
I'd love to go back and do nursing but being single with 4 kids I think I'd be putting myself In an early grave trying to do it😅

• Heart
She's started early on the begging for freebies for the girls 1st birthday (10 months and two weeks corrected 🤪)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I reckon sleep training after the comment of it being hard work to get there etc etc, seems everyone is doing it at the moment 🥱
I'm guessing a "course" done by one of the sleep training influencers, and then she'd have a franchise selling their sleep plans. She could do online consults from the couch or sitting in the car.

I often wonder how I managed to plan my kids birthdays and Christenings without the luxury of asking followers for recommendations. Surely to duck she knows someone in her area who makes cakes.. recommendations or gifts..which is she looking for??

Reactions: 15
To be fair she’d be great at the sleep training shite, one video of her umming and ehmming and the whole house be fast asleep

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Here we go first Birthday weeks away
But on allready for suppose recommendations
I'm sure she's been to the sisters kids first Birthdays so get ideas from her.
Jezs these insta beggy mitchells infuriate me.
I suppose hopeing for a Trace of cake collab .

Reactions: 14
My advise to Lisa
They are 1
They won’t remember
Save your money as a single parent to two children who is not currently in a secure job
Have your Niece's and nephews over for a get together in your garden

and stop bleeping begging
I’m scarlet for you

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.