Lisa Jordan #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I could understand that if you were organising like say a 50th or an anniversary or wedding afters, but a kids party? What’s there to organise? These things are the sum total of the amount of pressure you let them become. What’s there to organise for a five year old only a cake and a few balloons and let them run about outside or throw on a movie, few chicken nuggets and pizza be grand. everything else is extra. I don’t know... maybe I’m old fashioned but I don’t like the way it’s going for kids parties. Such unnecessary pressure on parents who are already living hand to mouth and feeling they can’t keep up
100% agree with you. When you say ‘these things are the sum total of the amount of pressure you let them become’
👏🏻
I hear the children in school yards for years and years and hands down a bouncy castle and some sweets or chocolate are their favourites; the rest is utter pressure and letting yourself get wrapped until take home bags presents thank you cards and all this beep …

Reactions: 6
At the end of the day the child is 5! Her speil oh she didn’t have a party last year so I promised her, did she not have a huge cake etc last year pretty sure it to was plastered all over social media! The party had nothing to do with the 5 year old and everything to do with her show off, oversharing mother for engagement, likes and to show how amazing a set up she can give her five year old! Gross

Last edited:
I actually liked the party Lisa had for Pearl. I see no harm in using your money to make life a bit easier for yourself. I'm not a party organiser type of person so organising the 5 Yr old party would not have brought me any joy just unnecessary stres
I think if your old enough to have children your old enough to make sensible decisions on finances for your family and not be trying to keep up with everyone so it's not really anyone else's responsibility if someone down the road feels bad they can't afford the same.
We all have to do whatever is right and easiest or suits our own family best whether that's a few jellies and games with a cozy movie night or a party organised by a planner. Neither option is wrong but I don't begrudge or feel that others shouldn't have whatever they want.

Reactions: 4
I actually liked the party Lisa had for Pearl. I see no harm in using your money to make life a bit easier for yourself. I'm not a party organiser type of person so organising the 5 Yr old party would not have brought me any joy just unnecessary stres
I think if your old enough to have children your old enough to make sensible decisions on finances for your family and not be trying to keep up with everyone so it's not really anyone else's responsibility if someone down the road feels bad they can't afford the same.
We all have to do whatever is right and easiest or suits our own family best whether that's a few jellies and games with a cozy movie night or a party organised by a planner. Neither option is wrong but I don't begrudge or feel that others shouldn't have whatever they want.
Agree with this comment however I do feel plastering the party’s, excessive presents and even the kids themselves all over social media is probably what most people have the issue with as it is not realistic for most people on a day to day basis

Reactions: 2
I know it was family only last year but she had a cake from Trace of Cakes last year as normal.

I know it was family only last year but she had a cake from Trace of Cakes last year as normal.
She has used her for cakes quite a bit tbf, she's local too so makes sense.
Hardly ever says gifted as she doesn't need the advertising she's booked out for weddings next year already

excessive presents and even the kids themselves all over social media is probably what most people have the issue with as it is not realistic for most people on a day to day basis
I understand where your coming from and I do know what you mean but what is excessive in one household is the norm in another and what's sparse in one family is the just average for another.
I know growing up we got far less Christmas gifts than our cousins but a normal amount when compared to our classmates and friends.
Thankfully my parents had the cop on to not be trying to compete with their siblings who were a bit better off and just did what suited themselves. I don't buy into the narrative that someone who's done well for themselves shouldn't show it just incase someone less well off feels bad for it.
It's a life lesson for kids and adults really some people have money some don't you just gotta live your own life and not mind anyone else's business.

Reactions: 7
I understand where your coming from and I do know what you mean but what is excessive in one household is the norm in another and what's sparse in one family is the just average for another.
I know growing up we got far less Christmas gifts than our cousins but a normal amount when compared to our classmates and friends.
Thankfully my parents had the cop on to not be trying to compete with their siblings who were a bit better off and just did what suited themselves. I don't buy into the narrative that someone who's done well for themselves shouldn't show it just incase someone less well off feels bad for it.
It's a life lesson for kids and adults really some people have money some don't you just gotta live your own life and not mind anyone else's business.
This would count if she shared it to her personal account. She shared it on her advertising platform though. You can’t compare families etc with influencers. Everything they share is designed to promote and sell.

Pearl is very cute have to say! Mad to think she has grown up in front of all our eyes, I first started following her jus after she had Pearl

Reactions: 5
Am I terrible that I'm so glad she's human and has lines under her eyes!!! I've never noticed her wrinkles before till her videos this evening. She still has amazing skin for her age but I had never noticed around her eyes before

Not terrible, everyone gets lines around the eyes eventually so it’s good to see, I view those lines as living a good life as they are associated with smiling and laughing.

I can’t remember the last time I saw a few I follow on Instagram without a filter.

Baby boo messed up the free blanket they sent her! She’s the only one who’s a Jordan!

Baby boo messed up the free blanket they sent her! She’s the only one who’s a Jordan!
Don't think it's a mess up, she wouldn't be able to advertise/flog it for free if she had their actual surname, sure Pearl's school stuff lables don't even have the surname they just say Pearl Blake which is her middle name..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.