Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Where in London can you by LE? I popped into Selfridges a few days ago and couldnt see her counter.
Liberty.
Also Space NK I believe.

Reactions: 3

JaneRev

VIP Member
Thanks.
Yes I was disappointed with Trinnyā€™s BFF too. I saw no difference after application either. I love the concept of Trinnyā€™s pots but the eyeshadows crease on me which is a shame.

Wow youā€™re a T6.
I do have 2 of her foundation sample cards so I may try them and then email them.

Enjoy London but donā€™t forget your elbow pads so that you can get past the hoards of Freaks at the SR Flagship counter! (Yes I know itā€™s not Hirons thread, but old habits die hard and I couldn't help myself!) šŸ˜œ šŸ˜³
After not been impressed with BFF, I had a lip pot as a GWP which I was neither here or there with. Hence not buying the eye pots.

I have hooded eyes (thanks mum and dad) and I'm cack handed so cream eyeshadows and me don't get on.

Thank you we are going in May. I'll make sure I pack enough elbow and knee pads to stop me getting squashed in the hoards at its NOT a pop up. She's bound to be mentioned as she's the polar opposite of Lisa

I'm not joking when I say this... I've shown tlmy husband a picture of where the SR counter is in Liberty. I'm sending him in to check whether CH is about before I go in. She'd probably start trying to talk to me as I'm in a chair and I would not be able to help myself telling her to twat off šŸ˜‚

• Haha

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
Youā€™re all tempting me to buy the Skin Tint. Iā€™ve not bought her foundation yet because Iā€™ve several still to work through but Iā€™ve not got a tinted moisturiser at all and I like that it has skincare benefits.
No idea which colour Iā€™d need, possibly T1, T2 or T3 but then Iā€˜ve watched others on YouTube who I *think* are a similar shade to me and theyā€™ve all gone for higher numbers.
Is anyone on here a paler shade?
Also does it have more coverage than Trinnyā€™s BFF because I never felt that did anything for me.
Echoing above but I was recommended T8 which seemed so dark for me but I had sent a few selfies in natural light and that was the suggestion. Iā€™d not have opted for that if I had just had to select, so itā€™s interesting that others are also getting a darker tone than theyā€™d thought!

50sGirl

VIP Member
Thanks @JaneRev for your detailed update. Iā€™m glad you had a lovely day and Lisaā€™s Liberty counter was all that you hoped it would be. šŸ„°

Long winded and boring?? Ffs I did go on a bit
Not at all! I really enjoyed reading it! Iā€™m weird, I love reading reviews of stuff I already have, I sit there nodding and thinking ā€˜yes! I thought that!ā€™ (Iā€™m not being sarky, just strange šŸ˜‚)

• Heart

elliebee27

VIP Member
I'd love to get some of the balms. We'll be back in the UK in about a month (anniversary trip plus visiting extended family!) for a few weeks so I am going to try to hunt them down! I am a big balm girl, but I have so many lipsticks and balms in my drawers. I went and reorganized my makeup and have so many things I don't use but the LE stuff, I do constantly now.

Does the balm last or is it one of those that fades very quickly?

I have very hooded eyes so can never do eyeliner and just do boring eyeshadow looks since you usually can't see it anyway!

PepsiJohn

Iā€™ve just ordered her mascara. Please tell me itā€™s worth it because I really didnā€™t need it.

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
I am enabled by you all, I got the balm in Epanoui and the mascara. I am in love with my Clinique mascara but thought I'd try something new!
Please let us know your thoughts, these are both in my basket waiting for a weak moment, be ace if you can pass on that enablement! (Well not ace for my bank account šŸ˜‚)

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
Has anyone tried Go lightly? Or seen it in real life?

Re Pillow Talk - the universal flattering shade looked awful on me.
I have it.
Iā€™m a pale redhead and it comes out as a bright pinky coral on me. Itā€™s hard to describe the colour. Itā€™s my least favourite of all her lipsticks and I rarely wear it because it reminds me of a pink lipstick my mum used to wear in the 80s.
I put it on this morning so I could explain the colour to you and then promptly removed it and used my trusty Kitten Mischief. Not a fan. There are much nicer and more flattering colours imho.

Which LE lipsticks do you already own? If I have it I could then swatch Go Lightly next to it for you to compare.

• Heart

JaneRev

VIP Member
To be honest, I'm not sure. I love Beauty Pie make up setting spray, but largely because it smells gorgeous. Maybe I don't use the LE one enough to see dramatic benefit but I do like it before and after my make up. Interested to see what the rest of her skincare range looks like, if there is one. I love how she uses her own experience with products to make what she likes and what she knows works. You can feel the whole range is a real labour of love.
I haven't tried anything from Beauty Pie, I know that the membership has changed numerous times, plus I'm a sod for paying with PayPal as I don't have a credit card.

I do really like her cleanser, unfortunately it doesn't have a smell which I do like at times. I have yet to try it with a night out goth'd up, that will be the real test. I think eventually Lisa will release more skincare

As you've said she is really passionate about what she produces, when she says it's taken X amount of years, I genuinely think it has. Equally so she'll say you can do this look with your existing make up.

Yes she has money, but she doesn't make a massive fuss. I know I keep banging on but with the corrector advice it has made a huge difference to me. I'm enjoying going through all her videos. She's a shining example of how to run a business properly
---
Could you run over her toes and say ā€œoops sorry, your necklace dazzled me! Are those real jewels?ā€ šŸ˜†

Iā€™ve 2 of Lisaā€™s velvet make up bags GWP but not the Liberty one.
Let me know if you have any more ideas šŸ˜‚
Ooops spasm is another one I've used before (I'm a nightmare incase you haven't gathered)

I got the most recent denim one, which is the perfect size to go away with. I have another Liberty one from a while ago that I was keeping for myself but my mum is coming down after Easter so I'll give her my spare one to keep so when her one dies (probably in 1000 years) she has another

I'm looking forward to being able to physically see her makeup in store as I'd love another lippie.

Last edited:

thegirlscout

VIP Member
The only thing that irked me about her was when she bought the Audrey Hepburn lipstick case and found out it had Audreyā€™s lipstick in and the shade. She ummed and aaaahed about sharing the information but decided against it and then a few months later came out with her own shade (Go Lightley).
As an AH fan I was really disappointed she didnā€™t share because so many of us would have loved to have known Audreyā€™s lipstick of choice and AH wouldnā€™t have gatekept the information according to friends and what Iā€™ve read about her. Plus not all AH fans can spend Ā£56,250 plus to find out. I 100% know that my view is coming from jealously and sounds really petty haha but it irked me so much.

Apart from that I really love Lisa!

50sGirl

VIP Member
Unfortunately, itā€™s right up my street šŸ™ˆ. Iā€™ve ordered one in Ɖpanoui and if I like it, Iā€™ll probably order sweet fig and meet cute.
That was my fave. I like them all except Metropolis because I donā€™t think that would suit me.
Unfortunately I canā€™t justify another splurge this month. I thought about delaying buying my sonā€™s bedroom furniture but I checked this morning and itā€™s in the sale so Iā€™ll have to make do with the myriad lip products I already own. šŸ˜³

How lovely is Lisaā€™s home? šŸ„°

Oh and I forgot that as I've got older and less oily/more dry I've moved away from full foundation. It just looks cakey or patchy. Skin tints work brilliantly and other than rosacea where I use a green tinted corrector like eborian or Dr jart, it's all i need. All my blushes, bronzer etc are creams now.

FrankieBelle

VIP Member
My go to for the last two years has been JSS that to me has no scent. Is Lisa's something you'd re buy?
To be honest, I'm not sure. I love Beauty Pie make up setting spray, but largely because it smells gorgeous. Maybe I don't use the LE one enough to see dramatic benefit but I do like it before and after my make up. Interested to see what the rest of her skincare range looks like, if there is one. I love how she uses her own experience with products to make what she likes and what she knows works. You can feel the whole range is a real labour of love.

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
Recent purchases:

Kitten liner and mascara - both excellent, but the liner doesn't have a great deal of staying power.

Meet Cute Baume embrace - it's nice, pretty colour, probably should have got Epanoui instead. Do I need this? No. It's a Ā£26 lip balm.

Skin tint - haven't used it because the shade isn't right. I've now tried 5 different shades and none match me (same with the foundation, I've tested every shade from 15 to 22).

Mist - I'm just trying to use it up at this point.

Velvet lipstick and Velveteen in Rain - nice but I really didn't need both.

Velvet lipstick in Affair - already had the Velveteen but the lipstick looks totally different. If you have MAC Taupe or Cafe Mocha you don't need this.

Excited to see new e/s palette(s?) coming soon.
Have you sent a make up free photo to the LE team?
I sent one and they got it spot on. Perhaps explain all the shades youā€˜ve already tried and they could advise.

marthaedwards11

Chatty Member
I like the foundation, but prefer my trusty Dior Face & Body, which I think matches me slightly better. Iā€™m a weird mix of 16 and 17 in Lisaā€™s.

Iā€™ve ordered the tint in shades T8 and T9 and will report back! My post inflammatory hyperpigmentation is clearing up and I think itā€™s time to try something with less coverage - especially as we move into spring and then summer.

I love the lip pencils (the old range) and glosses. Not a massive fan of the matte lipsticks as I find them too pigmented

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
oh that sounds fantastic! I have tried a lot of eyeliners and so far the only one that I found ok was the MAC brushblack. I love Lisa's lipsticks, so I am keen to try her eyeliner, but I have been disappointed by so many eyeliners in the past that I have been waiting to hear personal experiences before ordering one. It's out of stock on Space NK and on her page it's 15Ā£ shipping for a 25Ā£ product, so I'll use up my MAC eyeliners before ordering, I think I still have a spare one. It's great that Lisa is not creating FOMO with her products and marketing. The products will still be available a few months from now when it will make more sense for me to order a new eyeliner.
I second the eyeliner. Genuinely brilliant. You wonā€™t be disappointed

JaneRev

VIP Member
Does anyone have any wish list items they want Lisa to create?
Iā€™d love a blusher but also a concealer (since I stopped wearing base make up).
A white/cream coloured eye pencil
Concealer and tone corrector palette
Powder blush (I'm useless with cream products)
Create your own eyeshadow pallete

That's my wishlist and I'm not fully awake yet šŸ¤£

• Heart