Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Thanks for starting this. I'm another one guilty of talking about Lisa in other threads, but when she is the polar opposite of CH it's hard not to compare!

Love every product of hers that I've tried. I can easily believe she is fully involved in every aspect of product development.

When she recommends other products there's a good chance I will have ordered it before her review video has even ended šŸ«£šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 8

MiffyBay

Thank you @JaneRev @Missmopps @Ccc8 ! ā™„ Itā€™s now on my list along with Ɖpanouiā€¦
I love a good cleanser but I find so many leave my skin feeling tight and dehydrated, even the balm ones! One of my favourites lately has been the elf Holy Hydration melting cleanser (cheap as chips and so effective), but Iā€™ll definitely treat myself to this one in my next haul.
I hope she does a new GWP soon though because I already have 2 of her blue jean make up bags šŸ˜‚
I work long days and travel a lot - I usually donā€™t wear any make up but I have to when Iā€™m working. Iā€™ve always had a stuffed bag full of bits that I try and make work, but since taking the LE plunge, I only use her products. They sit well on my 50+ year old face, they last (I adore the Velveteen liquid lip), and thereā€™s no irritation or reaction to any of her products so far. I have very sensitive skin and rosacea, and I often get flare ups from make up. With LE, I look like me but more finished and put together. I donā€™t look like Iā€™m wearing much make up, I just look like a woman with fantastic skin and long eyelashes šŸ˜‚

FrankieBelle

VIP Member
Just ordered Meet Cute in the new lip balm. Messaged the LE team through instagram to ask which of the lip liners would be best for going with it and got a huge long detailed reply explaining which one was best for me, and how the lip liner/balm combo works for each skin tone (luckily it's the one that I already use).

Outstanding customer service, really second to none.

New eyeshadow palettes coming soon, but she wouldn't give me a launch date!

MiffyBay

How do you apply the skin tint please..brush,fingers of sponge?
I shake the bottle very well, put two drops on the back of my hand and with my fingers apply dots all over my face, concentrating on areas of redness or which need to be covered. I then just rub into my skin like a serum or face cream. Itā€™s very liquid but has a bit of grip, and you can see it smoothing out the tones of your skin. I watched a video by Lisa the other day where she gave a hack for polished ā€œmakeup artist finished skinā€ - once the product has set on the skin, use a dry make up brush to very gently buff it into the skin. This literally takes seconds (and feels lovely), and really does smooth everything out and give a lovely finish!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Missmopps

VIP Member
Just another rave about the skin tint. Itā€™s absolutely gorgeous to apply. Glowy and smooth, like a serum and it does cover! I prefer it to the foundation for daytime. Now I save the foundation for the evening if I feel particularly rosy of cheek.

I use t6 but will look out for the the 6.5 for holidays.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
@lucylucyapplejuicy @yessenia_d @hehehe
Hope Iā€™ve tagged all the oily eyelid girls! I have a tip which you may have tried and if not it may help you. I have oily eyelids too and Iā€™ve found that if they are quite bad, before any eyeliner or eyeshadow application, I will blot them with some blotting paper. I also apply eye primer and then go in with either a translucent face powder or an eyeshadow close to my skin colour and dust that over. For me it helps set the primer better and gives a seamless base for the eyeshadows or eyeliners I want to wear.

• Heart

whitershadeofpale

Mine has arrived! Iā€™ll let you know how I get on with it later today. Itā€™s slightly darker in the tube then I expected but I havenā€™t swatched it or anything.
So I wore it today and itā€™s lovely. Itā€™s more substantial than I thought it would be and less sheer but that has the affect of it lasting a bit longer. My lips feel nicely moisturised and the colour was more grown up than Iā€™d thought. Iā€™m definitely planning on getting a few more colours.

• Heart

JaneRev

VIP Member
An update re the skin tint..
I've used it every day this week, and it still looked good at night. I had to use a concealer under my eyes yesterday (as I looked like the walking dead) so popped a little more than usual, but it still looked great

Her cleanser will be replacing my long standing Elemis, my skin feels lovely and soft

I've had a lazy day today and have been catching up on a few more of Lisa's videos.
---
I also like that Lisa has normal names for her shades.
ā€˜What lipstick shade are you wearing?ā€™
ā€˜Oh, itā€™s called Sexy Lipsā€™

ā€˜I love your blush, whatā€™s it called?ā€™
ā€˜Ermā€¦Deep Throat.ā€™

I canā€™t be dealing with those levels of cringe anymore.
I couldn't agree more, I wasn't comfortable with cringe worthy names in my younger days let alone now. I've avoided NARS because of it, the worst offender is that idiot Jeffree Star. I've seen people on SM think it's so edgy and witty No it's not it's childish and sometimes offensive

elliebee27

VIP Member
I am enabled by you all, I got the balm in Epanoui and the mascara. I am in love with my Clinique mascara but thought I'd try something new!

slugella

VIP Member
I've just ordered the skin tint - so excited to try! I didn't get on too well with her foundation, the shade match was the best I've ever had but found it clung to dry patches even if I did a lot of skin prep beforehand, and my skin isn't even that dry tbh. Skin tint sounds like it will be a better product for me so I'm v excited to try it!

I had one of her eyeshadow palettes but sold it as wasn't that impressed with it for the price. I also have 2 lipsticks which I like but don't think I would repurchase, though tbf I do prefer a liquid lipstick so might try one of her liquid ones.

I love how invested in her brand she clearly is, she seems very passionate about it rather than just slapping her name on something like many influencers these days.

• Heart

MiffyBay

I would love a concealer (or may be the foundation in a smaller size / with a doe applicator to be used as a concealer and patchwork foundation for those of us who donā€™t use a lot of foundation), a brow pomade or something like that, and a finishing powder.

Reactions: 6
Is anyone else finding that as they get older that less is more?
If I wear a full face I feel I look older than if I keep it light. I canā€™t be bare faced if I go out so I think Skin Tint may help.
Yes, my signature look used to be a chocolatey neutral smokey eye, even for daytime. Then very little else and a nude lip gloss. Since my late 40s I've found that ageing unless it's a night out. Now I've moved over to neutral eye shadow thats barely visible, tiny amount of black or brown eyeliner, mascara, subtle blush and a reddish lip - depending on time of year. I have a scarlet or berry opaque shade in autumn/winter and a scarlet, orangey red or pinky red more sheer shade in spring and summer.

I think that's why I've stopped watching loads of MUAs on YouTube and just watch Lisa, Wayne Goss and Caroline Barnes. There's very few that don't go all out glam, which just looks like drag on me now šŸ˜­

whitershadeofpale

Mine has arrived! Iā€™ll let you know how I get on with it later today. Itā€™s slightly darker in the tube then I expected but I havenā€™t swatched it or anything.

ButterTart

VIP Member
Things I like in her collection: the lipsticks and glosses (though I'm not much of a gloss wearer); the shadow palettes (have Vega and Sorcery), the foundation and skin tint. I am 10 in the foundation and the T6 matched me perfectly. It's lovely coverage and this is coming from someone who prefers full coverage. It has a very pretty finish. Enjoy the mist and the highlighter. I have one colour in the liquid shadow and it's fine.

On the fence about the mascara and liner; they are ok but probably would not repurchase given the prices. The blush (which I think has now been discontinued) was awful - could NOT get anything to come out of the tube. I am on the fence about the liquid lipsticks. I find the doe foot picks up slightly too much product and it's messy to apply. Will try again using a lip brush to get product off the wand and see if that makes a difference. Hate the cleanser as it leaves a greasy film on my skin no matter how little I use (but love the new Victoria Beckham cleansing duo).

I do look forward to her releases. She does great product videos and in general, she's just so informative and pleasant. Hoping she sells in some locations outside of the UK as the duties are ruinous!

• Heart

JaneRev

VIP Member
I finally opened the mascara yesterday. I absolutely love it, didn't clump lasted all day and annoyingly it's the best mascara I've used

The velvet rain lippie lasted most of the day too, and I even managed the lipliner which is a miracle with one working hand šŸ˜‚

• Heart

JaneRev

VIP Member
I second the eyeliner. Genuinely brilliant. You wonā€™t be disappointed
The eyeliner is fantastic, having the use of my left arm/hand and being cack handed it's been great to apply and I've been really chuffed with the results
---
I have now ordered the eyeliner and the skin tint (T4). My family gave me supermarket gift cards for my birthday because they don't know what else to give me. The idea being that I buy something that I fancy for that amount and they in turn cover my groceries for the same amount.

So I decided that the thing I fancy most is trying the eyeliner and the skin tint, I'll report back once I had a chance to try them.
I've just replied with my thoughts on the eyeliner

The skin tint in T6 was the perfect match for me, it evens my skin out and has been a joy to apply and wear. I've worn it every day since it was delivered

I also got one of her new lip pencils in ON, I've lined and filled my lips without looking a mess.

I've not bought one bad thing from Lisa and the customer care are really helpful, very polite and nothing is too much trouble

Missmopps

VIP Member
I hope she comes out with her blushes again but in different packaging. I donā€™t mind them in a pot, really had my eye on Pink Soap!
I have pink soap. There was an issue with the tube splitting and I sent photos and promptly got a full refund which I wasnā€™t expecting. I love the colour for my pale, ruddy skin. I squeeze a small amount from the split end of the tube onto the back of my hand and warm it up a bit on there before applying to my cheeks. ( a T6 foundation shade 10 BTW)

I admit I have a LE problem. Just canā€™t resist her stuff! Her marketing and videos are just so good at selling her products!!

elliebee27

VIP Member
I would def buy a concealer and a blush or two or five. I love the skin tint and regular foundation so much. I wore the regular foundation out to our anniversary dinner, with some Natasha Denona blush+highlight, and the lip color in Rose Official. It didn't budge and I didn't even bother with primer or anything. Our server told me she loved my makeup! Mr Bee really likes it too. I may end up wearing the tint more often just because since it wears so beautifully as I tend to just do mascara + tinted balm most of the time since I am lazy. I paired it with my Bare Minerals liquid concealer for my undereyes and it looked super nice together.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Iā€˜m away for a few days and went into Space NK to get colour matched for the Skin Tint. I was so disappointed when they said they only had a ā€œlimited rangeā€ of LE products in their store. Limited? There were about 5 items in front of their till which you could have displayed on a small side plate! I have more LE products in my make up *bag!
I was so disappointed but not as disappointed as the poor soul who will have to colour match me from a make up free selfie via email - poor sod! šŸ˜†

*disclaimer - my make up ā€œbagā€ consisted of several drawers full! šŸ˜³

• Sad
  • Wow