Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
A thread for the lovely Lisa Eldridge. šŸ’„

Reviews of her make up, skin care, etc, just anything Lisa related.

I like Lisa as she seems so different to most of the others in the beauty industry.

When I discovered that she donates any ad revenue from her YouTube channel to charity, I never skip them now. (No idea if that makes a difference though!) šŸ˜³

• Heart
Reactions: 22

JaneRev

VIP Member
Three days of dragging my husband round London to go beauty shopping. Wiped the floor with me so my experiences and thoughts of the Lisa Eldridge counters in Liberty and Selfridges are a little late being written but hey here I am

I'd been a very lucky birthday girl and had a sizable chunk of birthday money from my folks and mum in law. I also had Ā£200 saved in my Liberty drop fund burning a hole in my pocket. This is not normal spending for me at all.

I went in Liberty at lunchtime, through the main doors so found Lisa's counter really easily, made eye contact with staff there then had a look round and made a bee line for one staff member in particular. I asked to be matched for foundation and told them I already had the skin tint in T6.

They couldn't have been more lovely, shoved a chair to SR šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ so I could have plenty of room. They asked whether I had any products on, which I hadn't. T7 went on one side and T9 on the other. It didn't feel like any make up was being applied which was great for me being Autistic, anxious and severely lacking confidence in real life. As they applied it I felt comfortable enough to mention about my PCOS and problem with Hirturism. They explained it was a buildable coverage but wouldn't conceal any shadow. That was a refreshing change to my experiences with counter staff in the past. We both agreed T9 was the best match, slightly golden concealing some of my redness but looking natural. They then removed the wrong shade and asked me whether I'd like my full face in T9 tbh I jumped at the chance

We got talking and I told them I had a couple of palettes, mascara, eyeliner and a few lip products. I wanted a new lip colour that was me but better. They gave me a few choices my favourite was Velvet Rain so I grabbed that plus the lip linerand the foundation I ended up talking to both members of staff about Lisa's cleanser and my growing collection. I was given a card with suggestions for lip glosses and other lip colours

So off I toddled in search of a perfume, got no where with that so went for a drink and a few ciggies. Then decided I wanted to top up on Lisa's cleansers, mist and some other bits using my beauty drop. So husband had to take me back in šŸ¤£ and I did just that. I doubt they've earned as much comission in 30 minutes! Make up as well wise I bought another shade and define in 0n (I wear that every day since it arrived) lipglosses in Petal, Silent Sun and Dancing Rose.

I am a huge fan of Lisa's lip glosses as they double as a balm and keep my lips hydrated. No mean feet with my lips being as dry as Gandis flipflop due to the sixty billion pills I have to take a day.

I've used the foundation on a couple of days since getting back home and it's the best match I've ever been given. It lasts all day and doesn't crease. Seeing as I'm normally Casper the friendly ghost it makes a great chance having a foundation that completely matches my skin tone.

I haven't tried the new lipstick as I've not been out apart from food shopping and couldn't be arsed to put anything on that day. It will be interesting to see the staying power over a full day. When it was applied in Liberty it survived until I'd eaten my tea then it wore off a bit. It might well be the case of applying lipcote

There was no hard sell, both staff were knowledgeable, warm and funny. Lisa has really hit it out of the park with the staff in Liberty. As I've said on the CH thread the difference between the SR counter and Lisa is very apparent. You can tell that Lisa puts thought into these things. There's a but coming ....

The following day we went into selfridges as I wanted some pressed powder and a mooch round as I've never been in. I cannot for the life of me remember which tattler mentioned the counter in Selfridges not being as great. (Apologies) they were spot on.

It's a smaller concession than in Liberty but the staff did look bored and weren't as proactive than in Liberty. It didn't feel as approachable - my husband agreed. Which is a shame. I'm writing a email to say thank you to the team in Liberty but I will say about the difference. If I'd have gone to Selfridges the first day I wouldn't have got matched. This could be in part down to my anxiety and confidence. I've tried my best to explain it in my cack handed way

Hopefully the Selfridges one improves as it's a real shame for Lisa's brand

• Heart
Reactions: 20

PepsiJohn

Received my Skin Tint yesterday, I originally ordered on line after being colour matched through the website but cancelled the order as I was working close to a Space NK store yesterday and wanted to see the colours.
I was matched online at T3 and itā€™s perfect for me although I could have also got away with a T2 which is what I tested in the end as the T3 tester was empty . The assistant did a full face of different products but I only really wanted to see the skin tint, she used I think three drops and did my whole face. Very sheer coverage which I was unsure of but I wanted to love it so much I bought it anyway.
So by the end of yesterday two people commented on my face and how nice it looked ( can only be down to the skin tint). Used it this morning myself, used quite a few more drops than two but seeing as they are quite small drops, if you know what I mean I donā€™t think it will run out exceptionally fast. Coverage is builable, looks lovely with or without other products. I used a brush to apply it and it was great. I think as Iā€™m a complete convert to Dior Skin Glow and know exactly how much I need for different coverage the LE will be trial and error for the next day or two to figure out what I want out of the tint but I do really like it and online colour matching via LE website is spot on.
Iā€™m very glad I listened to everyone and got it.
Also got to test the LE highlighter which I obviously now need too.
AND - any Welshies near to SNK Cardiff, the staff are lovely, very friendly and extremely helpful, there was an elderly lady in there the same time as me looking for face cream to help with her dry chin..she had three assistants helping her and they were amazing with her which really impressed me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

50sGirl

VIP Member
Well Iā€™ve been trying out my Skin Tint over the last 3 days. I applied with my fingers each time.

Day 1 - used it on its own. I probably used 4 small drops. It didnā€™t cover the 3 spots on my face (well theyā€™re not actually spots now, just the marks left over which take ages to disappear once you get older). However, it did soften them and the Skin Tint had a sort of blurring effect on my skin. Itā€™s how Iā€˜d like my skin to look naturally without make up and I donā€™t think anyone would be able to tell I was wearing anything. By the end of the day the pores on my cheeks did look more noticeable than usual.

Day 2 - I used a primer first to see if that would help with the pore issue. It did! Still pleased with the results.

Day 3 - make up day.
I knew Iā€™d be wearing make up today so I wanted to see how it compared to my usual foundation when Iā€™m wearing blush etc.
Primer first, then Skin Tint, then my usual make up - concealer, light powder, blusher, minimal eye make up and a tinted lip oil.
Wow! I canā€™t stop looking at my skin! I didnā€™t think it would be enough coverage with the rest of my make up but it looks so natural. Even though Iā€™m wearing my usual other make up, I look less ā€œdone upā€ than usual. Instead of looking like Iā€™m wearing foundation, it looks like Iā€™ve got very good skin. Best of all, itā€™s weightless - I cannot feel it on my skin at all.

This is the product Iā€˜ve been searching for for years! Itā€™s everything that I wanted Trinnyā€™s BFF to be but sadly wasnā€™t. Iā€™ve bought tinted skin serums previously but they still look like Iā€™m wearing foundation, this doesnā€™t.
I was concerned that this was going to be ā€œThe Emperorā€™s New Clothesā€ (like BFF) but it isnā€™t. I love it! šŸ„°
The bottle appears tiny compared to my other foundations yet all contain 30ml so itā€™s deceptive.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

JaneRev

VIP Member
I started watching LE you tube vids a year ago. In every one that I've watched I've felt comfortable enough to give the look a go.

I've picked up an eye palette, which is fantastic. I love her lip glosses as they aren't sticky but easy to apply. I've not used the mascara or liner yet. The skin tint arrived yesterday and it covers my redness up and is spot on with the shade choice that her team suggested.

I also have her cleanser, which I know is expensive but not that more than elemis is and that's been my go to for 10 years. The amount Lisa says to use is spot on to

Her customer service is second to none. I have PCOS which comes with excess hair and I felt comfortable enough to message and ask what I could use, and the care in their response alongside with advice of a peach/orange concealer with three recommendations varying in price. I didn't feel rushed and can report back it has worked.

As you mentioned @50sGirl I don't skip her adds either.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

francesthemute

I caved and got the balm in Red Curve. I love it. Think this is all I will wear for the summer unless I need some stronger colour in which case it will be the ā€˜luxuriously lucentā€™ in Rose official, or the velveteen in Rain. I barely bothered with lip colour at all before 40 as never felt right but honestly LE has me so converted.

I wore the kitten eyeliner with a liquid lurex shadow on Friday to a gig, sweated danced and got very drunk :Do_O woke up at 8am Saturday and honestly my makeup was still perfect. I couldā€™ve left it. Contemplated it, even!

I have some Laura Mercier favourites but everything else is just being replaced bit by bit with Lisaā€™s collection.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Libertine1975

VIP Member
Honestly I just want to know what work Lisa has had done and who did it because she looks fucking amazing.

I love her brand, its just classy and elegant like she is and the products are top notch.

• Heart

hehehe

VIP Member
Please let us know your thoughts, these are both in my basket waiting for a weak moment, be ace if you can pass on that enablement! (Well not ace for my bank account šŸ˜‚)
The Kitten Lash mascara is excellent.

However, I think it's better to buy on a need basis not a temptation basis. So, if you have mascaras you're already using, just be patient and use them up and then replace with Kitten Lash when the time comes to throw out the old ones. I have a "one in, one out" policy that helps a lot with FOMO. So pretty much each beauty item I own is the only one of its kind, except red lipsticks where I have 4 different types of red (3 from LE).

JaneRev

VIP Member
Please let us know your thoughts, these are both in my basket waiting for a weak moment, be ace if you can pass on that enablement! (Well not ace for my bank account šŸ˜‚)
I bought two embrace balms after saying I wouldn't šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ I got meet cute and Epanoui I'm very impressed as it's helped my lips get back to normal (meds bugger them up)

The colour lasts a couple of hours, I prefer Epanoui as it's a stronger colour and suits my lips better.

Mascara wise I bought it on release but held off opening it until I'd finished another one. I use eyelash curlers daily otherwise I have very long poker straight eyelashes that mascara transfers quickly on my glasses

With Lisa's I don't have that issue, it separates and lifts them, doesn't clump and I don't need to run a disposable spouly through them. It hasn't smudged and looks great after a long day and has even survived a few long cat naps

I've been really impressed with everything I've tried so far. Looking forward to seeing what new palletes she releases as well as new products

• Heart
Reactions: 10

francesthemute

Finally a LE rave thread!! I've enjoyed the derails on threads for CH and SH.

As a defector from the latter pair I've built a collection of Lisa Eldridge products over the last year or so. I agree with so many of the comments here about the authenticity of her brand and products, I don't feel lied to or misled, I don't feel ripped off despite everything being more expensive that things I would have bought when recommended by the likes of Sali etc.

The cleanser is so nice that when I left it in a hotel (idiot) I re-purchased. The lipsticks I wear again and again. I'm so bad at using pen eyeliners but LE's is amazing, I can actually keep a steady line with it as it's so fine but smooth.

I did buy the face mist too and though it's pretty nice, personally it's the only thing I'm not sure I'd repurchase, but it is nice under foundation.

MiffyBay

So my order came today! Iā€™m building a small stash of LE because it really suits meā€¦ on my top lip is Blush and the bottom lip is Muse. I ADORE them - itā€™s a fabulous lipstick. Goes on silky and smooth, allowing you to adjust and blur if you want, and then dries and stays put. Itā€™s perfect for work, and every day life. Muse is brilliant for every day - enhances my lip colour and matches the tone of my skin. Subtle but I look more finished. Blush is slightly deeper. Iā€™ll wear this in the evenings or at work gigs. Itā€™s also subtle and matches me perfectly. I also got the new lip liner in 2C which I used just on the edge to define the lip line but did not colour in because I wanted to see the lipstick in its pure state.
I LOVE the Kitten Mascara. Excellent wand, great colour pay off, defines and elongates the lashes. And it doesnā€™t feel heavy or mascara-y, if you know what I mean. And you could build it for more drama or (as I did) just use one swipe for pretty and natural lashes. Love love!

Attachments

• Heart

dressagediva

My friend has met Lisa a few times through work and can confirm she's lovely, friendly and totally normal IRL :)

• Heart

GalofHal

After all your rave reviews of the skin tint, I've just splurged on 6, along with Gloss Embrace in Blush. Great service from the Liberty counter.

It looks so natural, feels good and evens everything out.

Thanks for the recommendation šŸ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 9

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I also like that Lisa has normal names for her shades.
ā€˜What lipstick shade are you wearing?ā€™
ā€˜Oh, itā€™s called Sexy Lipsā€™

ā€˜I love your blush, whatā€™s it called?ā€™
ā€˜Ermā€¦Deep Throat.ā€™

I canā€™t be dealing with those levels of cringe anymore.

• Haha
  • Heart

MiffyBay

I got my order today - really fast shipping!

I got the Skin Tint in T6 as recommended by Lisaā€™s online IG customer service. When I say itā€™s perfect, thatā€™s an understatement.

First of all the bottle is incredibly sensuous and beautiful to hold, and very easy to shake and squeeze.

I used 2 drops to cover my entire face and then another 2 drops and built up over problem areas - I have combination menopausal skin with rosacea, and it was gorgeous. It will last for agessss. It felt nourishing, melted completely into my skin, and I could see a difference in the coverage from just my moisturised & SPF covered skin vs with the Skin Tint on top. It was a perfect match in terms of colour, made my skin feel soft and comfortable, looks luminous without appearing shiny or glittery, and evened out imperfections. I donā€™t like full coverage, I find it looks mask-like and settles into pores and actually highlights imperfections. So I usually use a BB or CC tinted cream. This tops them all.
Also, when I wear any kind of make up on my skin, after a few hours, I can feel my skin get reactive, flush, slightly irritated, but not with this! It lasts (been about 6 hours now), and it looks and feels just like when I put it on.

This is not for those who want full coverage, but itā€™s absolutely perfect for me.

Have you ever tried the MAC brushblack eyeliner? If yes, could you please report back how Lisa's eyeliner compares to it?
I am blown away by the Kitten Flick eyeliner - it tops anything Iā€™ve ever used - and that includes the MAC brush black (I found it too dry and thick), Shisheido, Beauty Pie, Nars, Pat McGrath, Urban Decay, Charlotte Tilbury. I have been on a quest. And this is it. Incredibly fine line that gives a lot of control, deep rich saturated colour pay off, and it has lasted all day. What I found quite special about this eyeliner is how thin the formulation was and yet how saturated the pigment is. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m explaining that right, but when I first put it on, I smudged it a bit because I was expecting to have to work to lay down a deep black. But you just touch your skin with this liner and itā€™s right there first time. And itā€™s super super fine. Love it.

I also got the Luxuriously Lucent Lipcolour, and while the colour was perfect on me (I got Spirited Away as per the CS suggestion), and it felt lovely and creamy, and it matched my skin tone, it didnā€™t last and it definitely caked into the lines of my lips after a while. Itā€™s very sheer going on and it is buildable in colour, but it would only work for the day if youā€™re a person who reapplies their lipstick often. I am not. Iā€™m going to try the Velveteen Liquid Lipcolour when the shade I want (Muse) comes back in stock

• Heart

yessenia_d

Chatty Member
Loving the skin tint and the ease it applies with. Had a very short notice meeting where I had to look put together/polished, managed to blend on the tint in a minute add a bit of lip balm and mascara and looked perfectly fine and suitable for the meeting. Felt like one of those legendary ā˜†Effortless Womenā˜† šŸ˜

• Heart

Filouette

Chatty Member
I second the eyeliner. Genuinely brilliant. You wonā€™t be disappointed
I have now ordered the eyeliner and the skin tint (T4). My family gave me supermarket gift cards for my birthday because they don't know what else to give me. The idea being that I buy something that I fancy for that amount and they in turn cover my groceries for the same amount.

So I decided that the thing I fancy most is trying the eyeliner and the skin tint, I'll report back once I had a chance to try them.

• Heart

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
Iā€™m a recent LE convert and now have the liner, mascara and red lippie. I just purchased the skin tint and canā€™t wait as now Iā€™m in my 40s I find foundation just doesnā€™t sit well and bare skin is a bit tooā€¦ bare šŸ¤£

I love her videos. Sheā€™s so calming! I am not really one for watching tutorials or such but love hers.

• Heart

MiffyBay

Iā€™m so very excited - my Skin Tint is on the way, along with the Kitten Flick eyeliner and a lipstick. I dmed her account on IG, and they got back to me really quickly, suggested a shade, and answered many questions, all with grace and patience. Absolutely love her videos, love her style and her kind of intentional curated process.
I never knew she was a tetrachromat (she has a condition where she sees millions more shades of colour than the ā€œnormalā€ eye) but it explains the nuance and depth of her spectrum of colour.

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
I think that Lisa is going to bring out a sample card for the skin tint. I am usually very pale foundation wise think caspers ghost with red cheeks and I went for T6. Perfect match

I find it covers a lot better than Trinnys BFF I was really disappointed with that, as for me there was zero coverage and did naff all.

The only reason I haven't bought Lisa's foundation is I'm fed up buying foundation that is either too orange, doesn't cover or isn't quite pale enough. It's only recently I've realised with people like Lisa I'm not going to be the palest. At the moment Lisa is out of stock of the shades I think will work for me. Plus my husband is taking me to London for a couple of nights. So it makes sense to be colour matched I'm also going to be cheeky and ask for a small sample so I can try it out. My Liberty beauty drop credit is burning a hole in my pocket šŸ˜‚
Thanks.
Yes I was disappointed with Trinnyā€™s BFF too. I saw no difference after application either. I love the concept of Trinnyā€™s pots but the eyeshadows crease on me which is a shame.

Wow youā€™re a T6.
I do have 2 of her foundation sample cards so I may try them and then email them.

Enjoy London but donā€™t forget your elbow pads so that you can get past the hoards of Freaks at the SR Flagship counter! (Yes I know itā€™s not Hirons thread, but old habits die hard and I couldn't help myself!) šŸ˜œ šŸ˜³

• Haha