Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tabitha

VIP Member
Got a bit carried away with Space NKā€™s double points event (still on).
Not a huge makeup person because i can rarely justify how much it all comes to but Im trying to get better šŸ˜Œ.
LOVE everything I got. The only thing i probably wont repurchase is the highlighter (my skin is already quite glowy so it doesnt add much for me).
Skin tint is amazing, itā€™s like how i always wanted a foundation to look on me.
The eyeliner is very fine and precise. I normally use the Rare Beauty one as itā€™s a thick felt tip and lasts forever, but this is really nice for a finer look.
Love the velvet lipstick but a shame it transfers, is the liquid lipstick better?

just waiting on faux lipstick to come in stock and might try the mascara too.
---
Fawn not faux* šŸ˜…

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

JaneRev

VIP Member
Thanks @JaneRev for your detailed update. Iā€™m glad you had a lovely day and Lisaā€™s Liberty counter was all that you hoped it would be. šŸ„°
@50sGirl no problem šŸ˜˜
I'm still recovering šŸ˜‚ this week has been sponsored by not doing a lot and a lot of painkillers!

I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of concealer Lisa brings out. I'm split between a pen style and something similar to the Laura Mercier pallet that she's used for years. I picked that up from Cult

Raker

VIP Member
Iā€™ve just been to Liberty and completely agree about the fantastic staff on the LE counter. Went in for a lipstick, left with lipstick, gloss, pencil and highlighter šŸ¤£.

• Heart
I bought the skin tint today, and got colour matched in space nk; I thought Iā€™d be T1 or T2 (Iā€™m Mont Blanc in Nars sheer glow), but she matched me to T3. I tested a few shades on my wrists and I think because itā€™s so sheer, it would probably be very forgiving if you did get the wrong shade by one or two.

Iā€™ve had the mascara and eyeliner for a few weeks now; the eye liner is the best Iā€™ve ever used.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
IMG_8627.jpeg

love her makeup and hat for the garden party at Buckingham palace.
---
Has anyone tried Go lightly? Or seen it in real life?
I had it and sold it. It was god awful. The texture was so bad the lines in my lips were really visible and the colour was so white based that it looked like clown makeup. It was super patchy too.

Last edited:
  • Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
Well I decided to try one of my LE foundation samples today so that I can work out which shade Iā€™ll be in the Skin Tint.
I tried shade 1 and letā€™s just say Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not leaving the house today because I resemble Casper the friendly ghost! šŸ‘»
Itā€™s a great match to my neck though but too pale for my face.

• Haha

GetTheGloss

Love Ɖpanoui but I have a bunch of Gloss Embrace to work through. I'm trying to be better now only buying (including skincare) when I'm running low.

elliebee27

VIP Member
I didn't use a primer. I just used my Clinique moisture surge. I'm wearing the tint now. It's fabulous! It covers my redness but feels and looks so natural. I LOVE it. No pilling, no settling, just looks fab. I'm an oily girl with some dry patches, so I exfoliate a few times a week to control it.

I also am wearing the Luxuriously Lucent lipstick in Rose Official, and oh my, it's so pretty and feels so lovely. Worth the splurge. You can tell, I think, effort and care was put into creating these products which I appreciate. Even my kid said he thought the lipstick was pretty. šŸ¤£

• Heart

hehehe

VIP Member
Recent purchases:

Kitten liner and mascara - both excellent, but the liner doesn't have a great deal of staying power.

Meet Cute Baume embrace - it's nice, pretty colour, probably should have got Epanoui instead. Do I need this? No. It's a Ā£26 lip balm.

Skin tint - haven't used it because the shade isn't right. I've now tried 5 different shades and none match me (same with the foundation, I've tested every shade from 15 to 22).

Mist - I'm just trying to use it up at this point.

Velvet lipstick and Velveteen in Rain - nice but I really didn't need both.

Velvet lipstick in Affair - already had the Velveteen but the lipstick looks totally different. If you have MAC Taupe or Cafe Mocha you don't need this.

Excited to see new e/s palette(s?) coming soon.

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
Another vote for less is definitely more as you age, makes me feel quite sad that I have a drawer full of expensive eyeshadow palettes that I will not touch now (unless I want to look like Danny La Rue-see told you I was old!).

Iā€™m absolutely loving the skin tint, Iā€™ve also emailed them for help on foundation but not sure itā€™s going to be as good anyway so Iā€™ll just stick with this for now.

I bought the glow stuff but itā€™s not as good as the Charlotte Tilbury stuff (for me) and itā€™s really quite small.

I took a gamble on the Skin Tint. I have very oily, acne scarred skin so I was a bit unsure about if it'd be suitable. But it's great. I got the shade T13 and it's adaptable enough to suit my greenish undertone with no problem and doesn't have any kind of ashy nor oompa loompa drydown. I don't generally like full coverage despite my scarring, but this had a good amount of blurring. I also like that it applied smoothly using just my fingers and left no streaks or patchiness. Very happy with purchase. ā˜ŗ

Has anybody with super suuuuper oily lids used the powder eyeshadow? Are they any good or will my excessive oiliness just eat them up? Had my eye on a couple of singles, but not sure how they'd cope!
Have you tried NARS smudge proof eye base? I have v oily eyelids, and I can use any eyeshadow if I use this, usually with zero (or only minimal) creasing. Lisa uses it herself, but Iā€™ve been using it for years (*Sali Hughes face*)

JaneRev

VIP Member
I've always been the girl who prioritises sleep over make up I'm a bit of a sloth šŸ¦„

Every time we've gone out since I bought the tint I've worn it as it's so quick and easy and tones down some of my redness. The shade and define in 0N is the perfect pairing too.

whitershadeofpale

Iā€™m a big Lisa fan and her customer service is top-notch. They matched me perfectly for the tint and foundation (T3 and 5). I love both and wore the foundation on my wedding day. The cleanser works perfectly for my skin too.

The only fail for me is the mascara and thatā€™s because I canā€™t wear non-tubing mascaras without smudges, I love how it looks for day though and the eyeliner is fool proof. The spray is fine but I wouldnā€™t repurchase as I just found it a little joyless.

I like Lisaā€™s no-drama style but does anyone remember when she did a sarky post years ago saying she wasnā€™t going to bother anymore as she spends ages coming up with videos and then people just rip her off? It was after she did an acne covering video and was clearly aimed at Pixiwoo. Lisa deleted it quite quickly and blamed PMT. Itā€™s obviously forgotten now as Iā€™ve seen Sam at Lisaā€™s launches and Lisaā€™s commented on their posts.

50sGirl

VIP Member
I'll have a look through you tube tomorrow and see if I can find it. It's ringing a bell with me
Thanks. It was probably last year. I can recall her swatching about 4 shades from her cheek down to her jaw line to show you how to pick the best match.
Iā€™ve swatched 8 shades from her sample cards and I *think* itā€™s between 2 shades - 2 and 5 which seem pretty far apart.
I may go into Space NK next week as I think Iā€™d like to try the skin tint before the foundation. I feel I will be T2.
Is anyone else finding that as they get older that less is more?
If I wear a full face I feel I look older than if I keep it light. I canā€™t be bare faced if I go out so I think Skin Tint may help.

Last edited:

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Iā€˜m away for a few days and went into Space NK to get colour matched for the Skin Tint. I was so disappointed when they said they only had a ā€œlimited rangeā€ of LE products in their store. Limited? There were about 5 items in front of their till which you could have displayed on a small side plate! I have more LE products in my make up *bag!
I was so disappointed but not as disappointed as the poor soul who will have to colour match me from a make up free selfie via email - poor sod! šŸ˜†

*disclaimer - my make up ā€œbagā€ consisted of several drawers full! šŸ˜³
I wonder if Lisa is aware of this situation? Did they say it was only temporary due to stock issues, or is this the permanent state of affairs? Itā€™s hardly going to give a good impression of Lisaā€™s brand šŸ™