Line of Duty #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet Gill Biggeloe is well pissed off with Jo Davidson! Jo gets a cottage which looks like its on a film set and Gill gets stuck in a little council shithole by the sea.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
It’s prob been said but this thread has gone wild with the replies so not read them all.

Jo set Buckells with the files etc.. did he know she set him up and also the suvaliance? I think he’s also the lapdog to protect the bigger person. He wanted Jimmy dead but was scared in front of lee banks. Was it an act? Lee said that’s what happens to a rat was he saying that as a warning Incase the real H went after him?

I was disappointed Carl banks killed Gail I thought it may have been someone else. Someone unexpected.

if season 7 is renewed I hope they bring down the proper H because Buckells def isn’t him

Reactions: 3
I bet Gill Biggeloe is well pissed off with Jo Davidson! Jo gets a cottage which looks like its on a film set and Gill gets stuck in a little council shithole by the sea.
Yes, Jo is living the Boden life now!

Was it just me and my husband who thought for a split second that she'd done a massive wee outside the house, but it was just the dog flashing past behind her?! She sort of looked up at the exact moment the dog came out, and looked like she was relieving herself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes, Jo is living the Boden life now!

Was it just me and my husband who thought for a split second that she'd done a massive wee outside the house, but it was just the dog flashing past behind her?! She sort of looked up at the exact moment the dog came out, and looked like she was relieving herself 😂
Not just you :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
On reflection, I like the ending.I didn’t at first, but it made me think about why I was disappointed and that can be a good thing. It didn’t deliver the ending I desired- I think he’s being a bit brave/stupid in emphasising that we can’t expect a ‘TV‘ ending if we want the reality of this topic.

I think the point he’s trying to make is that institutionalised corruption is just that- institutionalised! It thrives on low-level deliberate incompetence and greed, often from people who don‘t even know, and don’t care, who the order is coming from. There is a worrying lack of interest from politicians to place the spotlight on police corruption when required- it ain’t a vote winner and how sad that this is what drives them.

It’s almost impossible to pin down an individual, and even if you do, there simply isn’t some top-level Dr.Evil- it’s not that intentional. It’s a hodpodge mix of loads of different street-level crime networks that have links to the police and other organisations, who sometimes work together over a long period for a range of different objectives that often shift over time, but sometimes work on random projects that are ‘one-off’ based on personal vendettas. Too complex to ever pin on an individual? Intentionally so?

You’re meant to be disappointed, the typed out commentary at the end is akin to a documentary- the point is that this is alive and well, and yet still there is no desire to genuinely address it! I like that he’s invoking us to be angry about it! It’s a bloody joke.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
On reflection, I like the ending.I didn’t at first, but it made me think about why I was disappointed and that can be a good thing! It didn’t deliver the ending I desired- I think he’s being a bit brave/stupid in emphasising that we can’t expect a ‘TV‘ ending if we want the reality of this topic.

I think the point he’s trying to make is that institutionalised corruption is just that- institutionalised! It thrives on low-level deliberate incompetence and greed, often from people who don‘t even know, and don’t care, who the order is coming from. There is a worrying lack of interest from politicians to should place the spotlight on police corruption when required.

It’s almost impossible to pin down an individual, and even if you do, there simply isn’t some top-level Dr.Evil- it’s not that intentional. It’s a hodpodge mix of loads of different street-level crime networks that have links to the police and other organisations, who sometimes work together over a long period for a range of different objectives that often shift over time, but sometimes work on random projects that are ‘one-off’ based on personal vendettas. Too complex to ever pin on an individual? Intentionally so?

You’re meant to be disappointed, the typed out commentary at the end is akin to a documentary- the point is that this is alive and well, and yet still there is no desire to genuinely address it! I like that he’s invoking us to be angry about it! It’s a bloody joke.

Reactions: 7
So I saw a bit of an interview with Nigel Boyle saying how viewers being disappointed is because expectations may have been too high. They are the ones who hyped it up, the cast AND the media. Our expectations may have been higher but with the massive promotion for this series what do they expect?

Reactions: 7
I don’t care for the point he was trying to make and parallels with real life. I wanted urgent exit required part 3 and someone to die. Not even sorry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Flicking through Netflix to find something to keep me going. If anyone wants to watch a film about real life Police corruption and you haven't seen it already, In The Name of The Father is absolutely brilliant. It stars Daniel Day Lewis and Emma Thompson.

Reactions: 4
I don’t care for the point he was trying to make and parallels with real life. I wanted urgent exit required part 3 and someone to die. Not even sorry.
Yes! What happened to the whole ‘lies cost lives’ thing!?!

I know Twitter is a hell-zone but I don't get why people would direct any criticism at the actors. It's nothing to do with them. Jed wrote it and the BBC hyped it. I can't remember people getting funny about the GoT actors when that ending landed.

So, even after all of this, I'm not sure who Jo thought was giving her orders???

Reactions: 10
haaaaa love this. they all seem
like such lovely people irl which is one of the reasons i’m not too devastated about last nights ending. don’t think
it’s a bad thing they’ve left it open for another series
wasn’t too wild on the buckles thing but doesn’t life sometimes throw it that way and some stupid acting bleep is the biggest blagger 🤷🏾‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I know Twitter is a hell-zone but I don't get why people would direct any criticism at the actors. It's nothing to do with them. Jed wrote it and the BBC hyped it. I can't remember people getting funny about the GoT actors when that ending landed.

So, even after all of this, I'm not sure who Jo thought was giving her orders???
Jo thought it was still Fairbanks. After her mother died and Tommy brought her down to the city, he told her Fairbanks was her biological father, made her terrified of him (implied to be with the story of her conception) and the pair of them intimidated her from there.

I was really pleased she specified that it was Tommy who told her after her mum died as it ruined the theory so many people in the FB group had that she’d grown up with the bent copper and her mum had run off with him instead of being dead 😂

Jo thought it was still Fairbanks. After her mother died and Tommy brought her down to the city, he told her Fairbanks was her biological father, made her terrified of him (implied to be with the story of her conception) and the pair of them intimidated her from there.

I was really pleased she specified that it was Tommy who told her after her mum died as it ruined the theory so many people in the FB group had that she’d grown up with the bent copper and her mum had run off with him instead of being dead 😂
thank you! I just think of that actor in Rita, Sue and Bob Too which take away from the crime boss aura somewhat.

• Haha
thank you! I just think of that actor in Rita, Sue and Bob Too which take away from the crime boss aura somewhat.
Jo said something in episode 3 (I can’t remember what, something benign) that for whatever reason really triggered the Merida thing and I had to briefly pause while I got back into the LoD mindset 😂

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.