Line of Duty #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It confused me as at the end of series 3 when Dot did the H thing, Buckells was working at Polk Ave in series 4, not at the Hill?
I’m going to rewatch and try and make more sense of it!
I wouldn’t
That way lies heartache and frustration 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Do you reckon Jed has been so pissed off with police handling of Sarah everard case, BLM, lockdown protestors - he thought duck it I’m gonna hit this as close to come as I can. No dramatics just real tit so people realise all of this happens in everyday life and it’s real. I feel the season has been more an indictment on complacency than anything else
Yes, I can see him doing this, but I didn't like the blatant copycat use of famous cases in this series; Jill Dando, Stephen Lawrence. Especially using the name 'Lawrence Christian' and a guy regarded as 'the local oddball'. We get it Jed, all the subtlety of a sledgehammer at times. I was half expecting a little 3 year old blond girl to go missing next.

I can see why he'd want to go that way, but after what people are used to from this show, it's no wonder so many are disappointed.

There was a scene in Buckells interview where they cut to a shot of the security guard waiting outside and I thought 'oh its on!'. But it wasn't 😩

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
What’s Buckills hiding with his smirk before his cell flap was shut ? Still a lot of unexplained answers 🤔
He knows he’ll get away with it
Because the police will never admit in house corruption

Reactions: 2
I think that’s where the disappointment comes from for most people, that there wasn’t a big ‘gasp out loud’ moment.
The only gasp was when we discovered Lomax had signed the prison van transfer. Then 10 seconds later found it was a forgery😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Series 3! Still not over Kate going all Lara Croft on the lorry:

this entire series was twists and turns and excitement all the way through. The Danny Waldron stuff, the involvement of politicians and officers at the boys home, Steve and Lindsay going kinda rogue together, dot killing Lindsay, the chase with Kate and dot, dot dying, Steve arrested for killing Lindsay!! Like duck it was incredible. When I think back to series three it’s amazing how much happens.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Also Ian smiling at the end in his cell ?
Maybe he is H, masquerading as a bumbling detective. He convinced AC 12 he was a fixer working for separate OCG cells. Perhaps he's not. Because Hilton, Fairbanks etc were top brass we are expecting H to be of a similar level .They might not have known his identity. Maybe that's how he got away with it for so long.
I think JM has put a lot of political and social commentary in his writing and the Boris/Bucknell's analogy is clever.

This is the type of finale we deserved
See I didn't want that kind of finale as it was just that bit too OTT. Urgh I wanted something less than the series 3 finale, but more than the series 6 one. But I just don't know what, can't put my finger on it.

I'm like that at the hairdresser. I want something different but I want to keep the length and the colour! Cue exasperated look from the hairdresser.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I actually really enjoyed the final episode.

Our heroes have shown us they are all dedicated to fighting corruption and standing up for the truth. The OH/counselling scenes emphasised they are human and it’s come at great personal sacrifice over the past 10 years. It all started with laddering and a free breakfast.

Hastings has given us many great Tedisms across the whole 6 series. He admitted his wrongdoing and proved he’s a man of integrity.

Chloe Bishop was a brilliant addition to AC-12.

Bonus: none of our heroes died!

And woohoo! I was right!
Buckells is the perfect 'twist' option for H/the 4th man. He’s been in 3 series, connected to many past and present characters and assigned to OCG cases including the Jackie Laverty murder (S1), Operation Trapdoor (S4), Gail Vella murder (S6) and the Lawrence Christopher case (historical). There are enough lingering questions about him and they wouldn't have to explain away too much stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
See I didn't want that kind of finale as it was just that bit too OTT. Urgh I wanted something less than the series 3 finale, but more than the series 6 one. But I just don't know what, can't put my finger on it.

I'm like that at the hairdresser. I want something different but I want to keep the length and the colour! Cue exasperated look from the hairdresser.
I’d say 99% of opinions I’ve seen are disappointed with the final episode. We needed a shock or something dramatic. My heart rate went up mildly when they were walking Buckells (unknown to us at the time as H) into the interview room. But that was it really. No drama or action which is why other seasons and finales have been a success.

Well, asides from me missing a whole thread, I did in fact race home from Pitcher and Piano (wine in hand) to watch this episode. I was most definitely inebriated and was giggling like a mad woman.

Anyways, I've woken up this morning and, through my hungover brain, I thought I'd dreamt it. Unfortunately, I hadn't. Worst of all, I feel like I get the thinking behind Buckells being H because anybody else would probably have been implausible (and, yes, I include the Holy Trinity in my implausible thinking).

All in all, I probably should've stayed out, drunkenly text my ex & I still wouldn't be as disappointed or overthinking as I am this morning after that.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Underwhelming. I wanted action a la Season 3 finale
I rewatched this last night and it was as fantastic as I remembered. Kate absolutely legging it in pursuit of Dot. I forgot he mentioned not sleeping together and she said “it’s not that I didn’t want to”. 😱

• Wow
Amusing seeing some of the things on Twitter. Those people that say “people aren’t getting it” and proceed to explain why the ending was dull in an attempt to feel superior 😂 there’s nothing “to get”. Majority weren’t impressed, stop acting like you’re some huge intellect who saw the “true meaning” that everyone else missed 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Having slept on it, I doubt there will be a S7 and rightly so.

I think Jed has made a point of not always getting the ending that we hope for. That’s real life, I guess.
Buckells wasn’t H, there was no H. The point was that the corruption wasn’t singled out to specific people but highlighting that parts of the system itself is corrupt. It’s clear that he’s hinting with the Osborne video at the end that the corruption goes right to the top.

I’m still mega disappointed because I wanted a dramatic finalé like everyone else. I do think that if he wanted to play things out true to real life then he should’ve done so with the finer details too. For example, Kate wouldn’t have been given a gun just like that to protect herself. If he’s being true to life, Kate would be dead or better still, wouldn’t have been stupid enough to drive to a deserted car park alone. Little bits like that. Don’t bend the truth to fit the narrative if you’re not going to carry that out throughout the series.

All of the pointless storylines this season as many have mentioned are what have annoyed me most. Steph, Dot, Marcus, Tommy (aside from being Jo’s dad what did that fact really bring to the story?), the Kate and Jo thing, Jimmy, Fairbanks, Banks (the one in prison). What was the weird interaction between Jimmy & Steve about? Who were in those Range Rovers? What really was the point of Ryan? He could’ve been killed off and we would have found out that he killed those women anyway! Who REALLY killed Jackie? So much just tossed aside and left unanswered. Again, I guess that’s what would happen in real life, but this isn’t real life.

Will anyone be watching the new show next week? I’ve never watched The Bodyguard, but seen snippets on Gogglebox.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I think Jed has made a point of not always getting the ending that we hope for. That’s real life, I guess.
Buckells wasn’t H, there was no H. The point was that the corruption wasn’t singled out to specific people but highlighting that parts of the system itself is corrupt. It’s clear that he’s hinting with the Osborne video at the end that the corruption goes right to the top.

I’m still mega disappointed because I wanted a dramatic finalé like everyone else. I do think that if he wanted to play things out true to real life then he should’ve done so with the finer details too. For example, Kate wouldn’t have been given a gun just like that to protect herself. If he’s being true to life, Kate would be dead or better still, wouldn’t have been stupid enough to drive to a deserted car park alone. Little bits like that. Don’t bend the truth to fit the narrative if you’re not going to carry that out throughout the series.

All of the pointless storylines this season as many have mentioned are what have annoyed me most. Steph, Dot, Marcus, Tommy (aside from being Jo’s dad what did that fact really bring to the story?), the Kate and Jo thing, Jimmy, Fairbanks, Banks (the one in prison). What was the weird interaction between Jimmy & Steve about? Who were in those Range Rovers? What really was the point of Ryan? He could’ve been killed off and we would have found out that he killed those women anyway! Who REALLY killed Jackie? So much just tossed aside and left unanswered. Again, I guess that’s what would happen in real life, but this isn’t real life.

Will anyone be watching the new show next week? I’ve never watched The Bodyguard, but seen snippets on Gogglebox.
You should go watch The Bodyguard! MAM.

• Haha
The thing with it being a “realistic ending” is just nonsense to me. It’s a fictional drama, as much as Jed likes to echo real life, in the end it’s entertainment. I think it’s the fact most other series have ended on some revelation that left it flat. Weird that there’s been no announcement as of yet. I’ve a feeling it’s not the end, wouldn’t the cast be posting “thank yous” and “goodbyes” etc by now

Reactions: 10

Watch Bodyguard!!!

Reactions: 1

Bodyguard was pretty decent! Entertaining and exciting!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.