Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
The really long run-up to finding out who they were bringing in was like waiting to find out who the guest judge is going to be at judges houses on X-Factor...so exciting... then you see Sinitta come walking out with the palm leaves.

Fucking Buckells?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 56

Mermer89

So disappointed.
And to make matters worse we’ve come up to bed forgetting we’ve stripped it. We usually have sex on clean sheets, not tonight fellas.

• Haha
Reactions: 48

StrawberrySeed

VIP Member
Going against the grain here and hope I don’t get much backlash but this whole ‘disappointed’ ‘gutted’ ‘it was shit’ ‘diabolical’ ‘what a let down’ reaction is so typical of the British psyche. Brits love to build things / people up to feverish proportions and then love to take them all the way back down again when something happens or those people don’t behave in the way they thought they should do.

People have built this show up so much. It has been overhyped the entire series. There have been podcasts, discussion forums, newspaper articles, TV interviews. Loads of people have let their imaginations run wild trying to solve the mystery of H. Some people have been been struggling to sleep after watching it and some have been feverishly rewatching past episodes to find clues. Others have been dreaming up wildly impossible theories of who H could be, including past characters coming back from the dead etc. It was obvious that no ending could have ever, ever lived up to such huge, huge expectations. Any plausible and believable ending was destined to bring disappointment as it could never have met the massive overhyping.

I think the people who have been rewatching past series and coming up with outlandish theories are going to be the ones most disappointed by this ending. They have built it up to fever pitch levels in their minds, they have let their imaginations run away with themselves, they have over analysed every last word, and over thought every possible clue. And because none of their theories were right and they have been barking up the wrong trees all the way through, they feel like they have been ‘had’. They have realised that all the time and effort spent over these past seven weeks trying to find out the identity of H was a complete waste of time. None of what they imagined has come true and so, naturally, they feel let down and, perhaps, a even a little bit foolish for running away with themselves and falling for red herring after red herring.

It‘s nobodies fault for acting in this over excited way about a TV show. Everywhere you have looked since this series started has been wall to wall LOD coverage with people speculating and theorising all over the U.K. Even celebrities were having their say and making jokes on Twitter and sharing funny memes. It was hard to avoid and even harder not to get sucked in and starting joining in with all the imagined clues and guessing games. It has been a huge source of fun and has got everyone talking about it enthusiastically. I enjoyed it so much myself!

Like most things in life though, the build up is usually more exciting than the actual event. A bit like waiting for Christmas. All the build up for the kids with elf on the shelf, advent calendars, Xmas eve boxes, visiting santa, pantomimes, wrapping presents, writing cards, shopping etc. When Christmas Day eventually arrives after all the preparations and excitement, it is usually a bit of an anticlimax. I think this is what has happened with the last episode of LOD. People have been waiting and guessing and expecting huge drama and surprises and...the ending was nothing like they hoped for or imagined. Typical human behaviour, I suppose.

I was a little bit disappointed by the ending and was personally hoping that H was one of the main three. However, I did enjoy the final episode, it made sense to me, and it tied up a lot of loose of ends. The overall message was poignant in that, despite all the hard work of AC12, corruption still exists in large institutions and continues to do so. I liked the fact that there is still potential for a future series that can explore Ted’s possible retirement, Steve’s potential health issues and his love life, the future role of Aldi Dot, bringing down Osbourne, finding out the real person behind Carmichael’s steely facade etc.

TLDR - I don’t think any ending could’ve lived up to the huge expectations that many of us had after seven weeks of build up and speculation.

I haven’t been on Twitter yet, but I hope that viewers are not giving the actors grief because they thought the ending was ‘shit’. It is hardly their fault and, until tonight, everyone was singing their praises. If this final episode has spilled over and led to nastiness from keyboard warriors on Twitter, that outcome will be even more disappointing to me than Buckels being H.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
If Buckells is H he’s the greatest actor in the history of showbiz, as,he’s spent the last 6 years doing a world class impression of a fucking bellend

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Underwhelmed!

The most anxious I felt was for Kate's bag, which she had put behind her back in the pub. Asking for trouble, that.

PS who forged Kate's signature on the prisoner transfer document?

Reactions: 39

Buswanker

I just put The Inbetweeners on to cheer myself up
and low and behold it’s the episode where Buckles is behind the sodding bar. 😤 Bastard.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

hrh89

VIP Member
Did anyone see Martins tweet earlier about how he was pacing around really anxious and nervous? I feel so bad for them knowing the reaction was generally disappointment 😭 I literally adore Martin, Vicky and Adrian and it makes me so sad to think they might be gutted about the reaction. I know they’re actors and have to expect it but it still makes me sad for them 😂

it baffles me how people on social media @ the actors telling them it was crap I would never ever do that. I only put my views on here 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Kinvarra

So disappointed.
And to make matters worse we’ve come up to bed forgetting we’ve stripped it. We usually have sex on clean sheets, not tonight fellas.
Christ I’m the opposite, not tonight sonny jim we’ve clean sheets down and I want to enjoy them.

• Haha
Reactions: 37

hrh89

VIP Member
JUSTICE FOR LINDSEY 😭 she was in prison for a year, kidnapped, beat up, burnt, shot in the head for it to be Buckles all along ?? My girl deserves better

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Dipdab

VIP Member
Was anyone else hoping when Ted walked back into Carmichaels office he was going to punch her in the face 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Patsy Stone

Chatty Member
Decided to give up smoking start of this week. Just chained smoked 5 fags.

Thanks a fucking lot fellas

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

G+T

VIP Member
I just want to say it was so sad when Ted spoke of John corbetts mother. He really cared for her and his guilt over what happened to her son was acted very well by Adrian imo.

• Sad
Reactions: 34