Line of Duty #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m all for another series as a watcher from the beginning in 2012. At the same time I hope they don’t over stretch and keep making series as that could ruin it.
They’ll make one more, two at most then they need to end it.LOD is an amazing show but the later series have become a bit repetitive and it’s hard to keep track of all the loose ends.

Reactions: 2
Re: Trailer: So 'definate' is on Operation Lighthouse paperwork. Who could that be? Ryan, Kate, Buckells, Jo, Lomax or the previous DI, Billy McTulloch.

One of the thugs who beat up Lawrence Christopher was a 'McTulloch'. Ryans training officer was a R. McTulloch. Is McTulloch the head of the OCG or Jo's Dad?

Also someone is being busted out of Brentiss prison (women's prison). Is Davidson in on it? were those two guards at the end of the episode going to help her escape, not hurt her? Is Jo the 'fourth man' inside the police force?

Reactions: 8
They’ll make one more, two at most then they need to end it.LOD is an amazing show but the later series have become a bit repetitive and it’s hard to keep track of all the loose ends.
Especially if they’re referring to people from season1! I struggle to remember the episode I’ve just watched 😆

I’m going to have to start keeping notes like the lady off Gogglebox

Reactions: 4
According to Radio Times there's a guest appearance in Ep. 7 by Steve Oram (who he?) as Medical Counsellor.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I must be the only one on this thread who didn't even flinch at Ted's wee donkey. A fairly common expression here in NI, I say it all the time lol but I do think the Tedisms are one of the best things about LOD. That and sexy Steve 😍😂

Also, I'll just leave this here...

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I feel like there’s too much to wrap up in 60 minutes? Steve’s drugs, Ted retiring, the bent prison staff, why is Steph Corbett featured so much? Who killed Gail, The racist murder, James Nesbitt. They can’t possibly do it all?!
Plus what Lakewell said to Steve, what happened with Ryan at the lorry park, what Jo said to Kate in the car, What’s on Gail’s laptop, what’s on Ted’s laptop, what’s on Terry’s camera, the connection to the RUC and why Ted’s wife was targeted, who Jo’s surrogate police dad was, the 50k, Farida released? Buckells released? Whether the racist thugs will be locked up for Lawrence Christopher.
AND Dot’s full dying declaration....
How will they do it?

Reactions: 11
Does any one else think Tommy Hunter still being alive would be really underwhelming? He wasn’t exactly a huge character as such, more spoken of by reputation and crimes he committed. I don’t think the audience care enough about him for the finale to revolve around him

Reactions: 11
Something I noticed in the interrogation scene last night was when they showed the picture of Jo's mum found in the search at her flat...yet they made no reference to the crazy amount of locks she has nor did they stumble across the laptop or burner phone. Found it a bit odd that they wouldn't question the locks

Reactions: 16
According to Radio Times there's a guest appearance in Ep. 7 by Steve Oram (who he?) as Medical Counsellor.
Omg!!!
The anagrams continue...
STEVE ORAM
OR ....
VEST AMORE
Vest is American for waistcoat
Amore is Italian for love

this can only mean one thing...
WWW (our Steve) is finally ‘getting some’ in this ep after a visit to medical counsellor Vest Amore

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I must be the only one on this thread who didn't even flinch at Ted's wee donkey. A fairly common expression here in NI, I say it all the time lol but I do think the Tedisms are one of the best things about LOD. That and sexy Steve 😍😂

Also, I'll just leave this here...
I'm still waiting on a 'Christ the night' myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Something I noticed in the interrogation scene last night was when they showed the picture of Jo's mum found in the search at her flat...yet they made no reference to the crazy amount of locks she has nor did they stumble across the laptop or burner phone. Found it a bit odd that they wouldn't question the locks
They did find the laptop on the second search.

They probably just thought she was a paranoid woman living alone during the first search to explain the locks, and during the second they knew what she was so it would have made sense.

Reactions: 3
They did find the laptop on the second search.

They probably just thought she was a paranoid woman living alone during the first search to explain the locks, and during the second they knew what she was so it would have made sense.
Oh of course they found the laptop. Ignore me. Still mind blown from the whole episode tbh 😆

I just can't wrap my head around Kate doing a Thelma and Louise with Jo after shooting Ryan when 1) she could easily justify the shooting by saying she was just carrying out her duty of preservation of life and 2) Jo was the one that led her there to be killed in the first place. Why did she think they were being "set up", why did it take so long for her to surrender and why was she crying? Absolutely baffling scenes

Secondly, surely you'd need some serious authority to be able to link up with the Spanish police. Considering Carmichael is now running the show and wanted nothing to do with the investigation of H/the fourth man/whatever, how was Hastings allowed to do all of that?

Same goes for Steve getting forensics on Chicken Licken's money and finding a match with the dodgy £50k... surely that would flag up somewhere on the system and questions would be asked?

Kate seems very anti-Hastings at the moment. I can't help but think she will twist Steve's arm (poor sod will have a sore back and arm!) and they will work together to bring him down what with the 50 grand, telling Lee Banks about Corbett, his suspicious absence during the depot raid last series and so on...

I'm very much still on the Kate is bent train

Reactions: 9
Is the finale 90 minutes like some of the others do we know? Mother of god (and the wee donkey) I was shitting it when the answer yes or no witches turned up!! Really felt for Jo this episode. Probably turn out she’s H now I’ve said that...😂

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.