Line of Duty #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone notice Carmichael tap her pen on the desk 4 times? I noticed it very clearly but didn’t think anything of it... until I’ve just read someone saying 4 taps in morse code is H
There's been little "H" easter eggs throughout the series. In the tiles in Steph's kitchen and in the graffiti in the underpass. I'm sure they'll be more that we've all missed!

I'm also not convinced with any of the anagram/super twists. Line of Duty is intricate and surprising, but rarely are there big twists. It usually fits together nicely and we're too distracted by everything going on to realise for ourselves things that have been laid out quite plainly.

I'm willing to believe Thurwell really is dead. It would be pretty hilarious to have James Nesbitt just take some pics and that be that. It does the job exactly- get people speculating that a big actor has to have a big part. I think whoever organised getting Tommy Hunter killed bumped off Thurwell too and nicked his laptop to talk to Jo. Jo definitely thought Thurwell was her dad- she seemed surprised to hear she was messaging someone in Spain- shocked her dad was doing that to her?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey

I inhaled my mouthful of tea and had to pause the show while I recovered 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I need to rewatch last nights episode, I feel like I missed a lot. We'd been in the pub for 3 hours before watching :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Did anyone notice Carmichael tap her pen on the desk 4 times? I noticed it very clearly but didn’t think anything of it... until I’ve just read someone saying 4 taps in morse code is H
Indeed it i...

Reactions: 1
There's been little "H" easter eggs throughout the series. In the tiles in Steph's kitchen and in the graffiti in the underpass. I'm sure they'll be more that we've all missed!

I'm also not convinced with any of the anagram/super twists. Line of Duty is intricate and surprising, but rarely are there big twists. It usually fits together nicely and we're too distracted by everything going on to realise for ourselves things that have been laid out quite plainly.

I'm willing to believe Thurwell really is dead. It would be pretty hilarious to have James Nesbitt just take some pics and that be that. It does the job exactly- get people speculating that a big actor has to have a big part. I think whoever organised getting Tommy Hunter killed bumped off Thurwell too and nicked his laptop to talk to Jo. Jo definitely thought Thurwell was her dad- she seemed surprised to hear she was messaging someone in Spain- shocked her dad was doing that to her?
I agree it would be completely hilarious for Jimmy Nesbitt’s starring role in LOD to be as a corpse - and it would certainly be commensurate with his acting ability.
I know a few people have been saying that the Spanish policeman was Thurwell, but how would that happen? Could he seriously infiltrate the Spanish police force to such an extent that he would be conducting a raid? If he knew they were coming for him, why wouldn’t he just leg it? And as there were two bodies found, who was the dead woman?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Anybody wondering how Steve’s afforded a Porsche? 😉
It was a Mazda MX-5 although at first I thought it was an Audi TT 😂

I just don’t get why Kate left the scene of Ryan’s shooting, it’s very out of character so it must mean that there’s one heck of a back story to what’s gone on there...I just don’t know what it’s going to be!

Reactions: 13
Imagine Tommy is still alive and he is Ted's ex wife's new man that she spoke about in series 4....
Who are they going to find under the floor at the industrial site? Could it be some of the ex/corrupt police that were put into witness protection? In the car when Kate told Jo she could cooperate then go into witness protection, Jo seemed very sure that the OCG can get to you even in witness protection.

• Wow
I think he’s still alive as well, we didn’t actually see him die, we were just told it was Tommy!
I'm glad other people feel the same way! I thought his death was really just brushed over and nothing more said about it and I found that so strange to say he's still being mentioned and played on this far down the line

Reactions: 5
Date of Births

Osborne - 7th March 1965. Joined the police in 1985
Dryden - 12th April 1965. Joined the police in 1983
Hilton - 2nd April 1965. Joined the police in 1983
Tommy Hunter - 10th May 1965
Joanne Davidson - 22nd April 1979. Joined the police in 1999
Samantha Davidson - 13th May 1964
Darren Hunter - 17th March 1982
Ted Hastings - July 15th 1963. joined the police in 1982.
Tony Gates - 18th May 1975. Joined the police in 1995.
Chloe Bishop - Assumed to be in her 20s. The Gates married in 2002.
Nigel Morton - ?. joined the police in the early 1990s.
Marcus Thurwell - 29th April 1966. Joined the police in 1984.
Patrick Fairbanks - Assumed to be late 60s. Was the leader of the VICE Squad in the 1990s.

Samantha Davidson - Her brother became involved in her life again in 1995

If it is someone we “know” that Jo thought was her real Dad, then who fits the FakeDadBentCopper bill?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I agree it would be completely hilarious for Jimmy Nesbitt’s starring role in LOD to be as a corpse - and it would certainly be commensurate with his acting ability.
I know a few people have been saying that the Spanish policeman was Thurwell, but how would that happen? Could he seriously infiltrate the Spanish police force to such an extent that he would be conducting a raid? If he knew they were coming for him, why wouldn’t he just leg it? And as there were two bodies found, who was the dead woman?
Jos mum? Maybe she didn’t commit suicide but faked her own death and moved to Spain with Jo’s ‘bent copper dad’

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Carmichael is so far up Osborne’s backside. I’ve rewatched the glass box interview and any mention of Osborne and she shuts down that line of enquiry.

The trailer 😩 already wish it was next sunday! Wishing my life away I'll be glad when this series is over so I am not on a permanent countdown now lol. Feck all clue what will go down but I still have faith Jed can deliver a good finale to us

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.