Line of Duty #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was his personal car, she said trackers had been put on all their cars, which they’d need authority for. No way they’d have got that. Even if the CC authorised it it all comes under scrutiny from an independent body so he’d get caught out for that eventually....
This annoyed me too it was so unrealistic.

Reactions: 6
Said it once, il say it again fellas... Tommy is alive and shacked up with Steph!!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Anna Maxwell Martin (Carmichael) is on This Morning right now and they’re debating her tapping her pen 4 times in the interview - 4 taps is H in morse code apparently!

Clutching at straws 🤣 I need to re watch!

Reactions: 4
I really don’t think Carmichael is bent, that would be far too obvious. I don’t think she likes Ted and she makes that clear, she doesn’t trust any of them. If Kate is happy for another copper to take the fall for a shooting she actually did then she is bent in my opinion.
I hope they wrap up this whole H thing this season, it’s dragging on now

Reactions: 11
I really don’t think Carmichael is bent, that would be far too obvious. I don’t think she likes Ted and she makes that clear, she doesn’t trust any of them. If Kate is happy for another copper to take the fall for a shooting she actually did then she is bent in my opinion.
I hope they wrap up this whole H thing this season, it’s dragging on now
Kate I think is banking on being able to solve the whole thing so Jo can talk about everything safely and get immunity and/or Jo getting off on the murder charge because of the stuff she quoted at Carmichael.

Reactions: 1
During the interview Ted refers to - '...a high-ranking office, once erroneously referred to as H, we now refer to as the Fourth Man...' So H is no longer relevant.

Reactions: 3
I was confused initially by Kate doing a runner with Jo. The only explanations I could think is either 1. She wasn’t on duty when she shot ryan, causing his death, so knew it would be investigated as a crime; and 2. She was fearful that perhaps OCG people would then come back to them to kill her and Jo? But then that would have been hopefully safeguarded when she went to the police about the shooting. And also Jo argued correctly that as police its duty to save life and limb so Ryan’s shooting was lawful which puts paid to number 1.
It was odd and Kate seemed to completely distrust Hastings so perhaps that was it. If they’re suspicious of his actions in respect of Corbett and his wife and the money.

Reactions: 7
I was confused initially by Kate doing a runner with Jo. The only explanations I could think is either 1. She wasn’t on duty when she shot ryan, causing his death, so knew it would be investigated as a crime; and 2. She was fearful that perhaps OCG people would then come back to them to kill her and Jo? But then that would have been hopefully safeguarded when she went to the police about the shooting. And also Jo argued correctly that as police its duty to save life and limb so Ryan’s shooting was lawful which puts paid to number 1.
It was odd and Kate seemed to completely distrust Hastings so perhaps that was it. If they’re suspicious of his actions in respect of Corbett and his wife and the money.
I was wondering if we might get a Jimmy Lakewell style revelation that Jo told Kate something else, something important in the bit we didn’t see. (Them shooting Ryan and leaving)

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else think it’s strange that Carmichael put trackers on officer’s private vehicles as well as their service vehicles? Who authorised that and who phoned her to tell her that Steve’s car was on the move? And how did she know that Steve didn’t have a girlfriend who had access to his car? So many questions just on this one tiny bit of tonight’s episode.

another question just sprung to mind...is that why she removed surveillance?

I was coming to write this it was Steve's private car Kate had not a police car

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else think something more is going on with Ted apart from trying to force him into retirement? The fact he kept mentioning running out of time, looking at the old photo, is he sick maybe?

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Osborne is H or the 4th man. In the first episode series 1 he tells Steve.
‘Youre finished’ when he’s fired from Counter Terrorism. I think they’ll work out it’s Osborne and Steve will have the line ‘youre finished’ in a poetic rounding of the whole series.
Hastings will retire to Ireland happy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Davidson is DCI and, like Dot Cottan and Ryan, was planted into the Police to work for the OCG.

Why isn’t she one of the 4 H...?!
She must be
There’s only one slot left ...
...for Kate 😉

Anybody wondering how Steve’s afforded a Porsche? 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
‘Youre finished’ when he’s fired from Counter Terrorism. I think they’ll work out it’s Osborne and Steve will have the line ‘youre finished’ in a poetic rounding of the whole series.
I'd love it if that happened.

They definitely need to wrap up the H thing once and for all, it's dragged on for far too long now. I just can't see how they can wrap up so many lose ends in 60 minutes. I hope they don't cop out (pun intended) and use the closing credits to explain some of them.

Reactions: 10
I like this ending. Will Steve and Kate get it on to top it off?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I loved the episode from wee donkeys, Kate's jumper and cheekbones, Kelly's acting (which up until now i thought was a bit meh) but what she did with so many 'no comments' I thought was brilliant. Ted 'feeling' the Regs Jo was spouting, added bonus of putting Pat in her place.

I don't usually 'ship' characters but when Jo said to Kate 'I thought you were pretending' i did let out an Awwwwwwwwww

I wasn't expecting a crazy filled episode as we know there is another episode.

I do think Ted is gonna go hell for leather for Osbourne as he has nothing to lose now. I hope he goes down in a blaze of glory and wee donkeys meet him at the pearly gates.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.