Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jorja

Please tell me you are not suggesting that Jed Mercurio deliberately found an actor with a name he could make an anagram of?

Or worse, that he planted a fake actor with a career spanning years, all building up to this one moment on LOD to trick the audience into believing James Nesbitt’s character is dead, when in actual fact he has supposedly been tipped off by Chloe (aka Tony Gates’ daughter) and thus got a team of men, killed all the Spanish police and stole their uniforms and staged their deaths? Or maybe he’s running the Spanish arm of the OCG under a fake name as a high-ranking Captain???

I am equal parts exhausted, fascinated and utterly baffled by this thread 😂
Exactly this 😂😉
Casting is done completely based around anagrams now

• Haha
Reactions: 19

hrh89

VIP Member
It really bothers me that people think it’s one of the main three 😭😭 would you not feel completely let down? I would. It wouldn’t fit with the type of characters they are. They’re empathetic, realistic and relatable to the audience. To be H you’ve got to be a total scumbag. People have died, been hurt, families torn apart. This is high level crime where those in power don’t care who gets hurt.
You really think Steve, Ted or Kate had a hand it that?
It would go against every one of their character traits.

Sandyclaws

VIP Member
Well it's already been established that TH is her father, so maybe she grew up thinking thurwell was

Kthxbye

Chatty Member
Or even worse, Lost! Worst ending ever.
Or even worse than that... in a 'who shot JR' type of thing, have Steve waking up and realising the whole thing has just been a dream, and you see him getting up and going to work as a young police constable, and none of it happened at all....

• Haha
  • Wow

petitspois

VIP Member
I think a reason why we’re nervous is there’s also the potential for it to be disappointing. I just want it to play out well and be a good one.
I don’t think the identity of H is going to be so much of a shock but their real demeanour and/or reasons will be.

Reactions: 18
After all this build up for it to end up being someone like Osbourne or Wise it would be a bit of an anticlimax - they just aren’t prominent enough characters for it to have the right impact. It’s got to be someone more well known - I’m sure I’ll be wrong though and it’ll turn out to be Lindsey Denton’s cat from series 2.

• Haha

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph and the wee donkey, I haven’t a bloody clue what went on there but I am concerned for Jo’s well-being despite the cameras. I really just wanted to give her a big hug tonight

• Haha

thelittleprincess

If kate is H she would be doing the messages via the laptop though right? So why would she tell Jo to go and kill her? And thus pass the message onto Ryan that she had ordered Jo to kill her (as in herself) and to go along and make sure the job was done properly. And then when it came to it was a shoot out between H (Kate) and fellow OCG pal Ryan. Again if Kate was H she wouldn’t have needed to look him up when she first saw him, as H she would have known who he was?

Doratheexplorer

VIP Member
There might not be anyone under that floor, but there might be someone put in before they fill it back up

I’m a little disappointed with Ryan’s death, for such a big character that’s been in it since the beginning I thought he’d be more significant

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
I don't think carmichal is bent. I think she is playing the political game about there being no corruption and has been told to shut down that line of enquiry from the big boss.

LLJ

So Thirwell is now a police officer in Spain - faking his own death? Or am I completely wrong 🤣

• Haha

nbt

VIP Member
I’m hoping let’s wrap tHis up is the H storyline and not the whole thing 😫 actually feel a bit emosh. I don’t want it to end forever!! 😭
4467130C-4FBA-4306-A8E2-18659B4C746E.png

• Heart

Dontcareenough

i'm really starting to think steve is h.

- the shoot out in series 1 was a set up to plant steve in ac-12
- osbourne suspected (hence the 'you're finished' comment and the need to shut down ac-12
- kate suspects / has evidence which is why she was so upset (which wasn't really explained)
- kate possibly gave steve the wrong address / set a trap which is why she knows he's bent
- we didn't actually see jimmy lakewell say anything about the 'race claim', steve made it up to point to carmichael
- the bank notes in steph's house weren't from the stolen cash / given by hastings, steve just told kate this to cause her to suspect ted
- another suggested the scottish accent could come out - sounds crazy but it could happen!
- kate's comment about steve having an expensive car on a police wage possible suspicious
- ted suspects hence the drug testing

i think no-one really likes steve (as much as ted and kate anyway!) so this would probably go down well with fans! i'd love it even more if the audience found out it was steve but the characters didn't and next season was about catching him out!
I took Kate’s comment to mean he should be driving a grown up car not a boy racer type car lol

krispykreme

ok I can finally join in on this thread after binge watching all 6 series' the last 2 weeks (please don't ask I have no life😂😂) in anticipation for tonight being the last episode and I can't believe how that whole episode panned out😂 I can't wait to next week to hopefully find out H

• Wow
  • Haha

rainonme

Chatty Member
I feel like Steve is the most important character for the viewer in a way. He’s the figure that we’ve followed through every series and seen most things from his point of view. So yes, if he is H it will all feel like a massive lie. Kate on the other hand feels more distant...