Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Her mum didn’t run off to Spain to be found dead with Thurwell. Especially when they revealed in the glass box interview that Jo’s mum died by suicide years ago. It is not possible she could be the female dead body in Spain next to the assumed Thurwell.
I know. I was saying the theory it is her is ridiculous because of what Jo had been told about her backstory (even if you buy a faked suicide which I don’t).

I don't get why Jo remained under OCG control either. She makes out she had no choice but OCG had no bargaining power, they couldn't make her do it at the threat of something happening to her Mum as she was already dead. Unless she has a child we don't know about.
She was 16, her mum had just killed herself (with the implication that Jo blames herself for it) and she clearly knew what Tommy was capable of generally (her mum hated what her family were). He moved her to a different place (nobody knew me down here) so she’d have been entirely alone and was hugely vulnerable to both grooming and coercion.

Then once she’d done something as a copper, there was their hold, and like a frog in a pot the water around Jo would get hotter and hotter. She saw what happened to Tommy when he crossed the OCG and the coppers too.

Her rep actually attempted to get them to properly acknowledge the control and treat her as vulnerable but Carmichael just moved on from Hunter.

It’s a really interesting parallel with Terry Boyle’s story, they’re actually both incredibly vulnerable and on the surface it looks like they could have got out earlier - but Terry is seen as visibly vulnerable while Jo isn’t.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Remember Sam Railston? (one of Steve's many gorgeous exes, used to work for Lester Hargreaves)....Is there any way that she could be involved with Jo Davidson somehow?

I don't know if this is something or nothing but I've noticed that there's a black & white striped shirt/blouse hanging up on the hooks by Jo's Fort-Knox style front door, which looks uncannily like the one which Sam owns (as seen in her profile pic on the LOD wiki pages.) 👀
What, the photo were you can see a teeny sliver of her shirt under a jumper?!

I think it’s time for me to leave this thread. I can’t even tell if people are joking or not anymore.

• Haha
Could Jo have taken the blame for Kate as Kate shot to kill instead of just shooting an arm/leg? I always thought that thatsbhoe these things went?
People only shoot to disarm in the movies/on TV, in real life you take no chances - if you shoot, it’s to kill. And Jed likes realism.

I think she took the blame for Kate so Kate is free to continue investigating and because she knows it’s her fault Kate was in that situation. (And she clearly loves Kate).

• Sad

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
If Ted didn't give Steph £50k, what was in the brown envelope he took to her in the graveyard? That's one of the loose ends to tie up in the final episode, unless Jed is going let it ride until (hopefully) Series 7.
Also didn’t Steve run the serial numbers from Stephs cash and it matched the dodgy pile?

I feel like if it is any of the main three then they’ve really not made the most of their crime connections.
Ted is living in a small flat and has no purpose in life outside work, Steve was thrown to his death and near paralysed, and is about to be suspended for his back problems. I could almost buy it being Kate as she does keep her cards close to her chest but we saw ‘H’ specifically tell Jo to bump her off so she seems like an unlikely candidate too.
And she lived in her car for a bit, like surely if she was some big OCG crime lord she could afford a premier inn at least?

• Haha

Sozhun

VIP Member
Something I noticed in the interrogation scene last night was when they showed the picture of Jo's mum found in the search at her flat...yet they made no reference to the crazy amount of locks she has nor did they stumble across the laptop or burner phone. Found it a bit odd that they wouldn't question the locks

petitspois

VIP Member
I feel like a football fan coming up to the champions league final. I just want it to be good and not a let down.

• Haha
Apologies if this has been said already (just caught up just now) and I hate to be that person if it hasn’t...but there are no Coroners in Scotland so “Glasgow Coroner Court” couldn’t have been involved in Jo’s mum’s death 😬
I’m guessing someone saying Procurator Fiscal would probably end up with numerous retakes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Ok as we go almost into the weekend
Who’s the fave for H?
Hastings
Steve
Kate
Carmichael
Thurwell
Jo
Andrea Wise
Osborne
Nigel Morton (gaining traction on social media )
Buckells
Anyone else?

I was a firm Kate as H but now thinking Steve and it all circling back to Season one ep 1)
I know a lot of people think one of the big 3 would be awful. I think it would be a fantastic twist.
Although I think Nigel Morton (the slacker benefits cheat with a sinister background and mean streak would be an inspired choice)
My theory is that Jo knows who H is (but she isn’t H both because I like her 🤣 and she was obviously genuinely getting orders from someone else). So based on that I’d rule out Kate, she seems to really trust her and brought her in to try to help her out of the mess.

She seemed to trust Steve in her interview which would make him less likely to me, but she was obviously very suspicious of Hastings and Carmichael so they’re my top two suspects.

Nigel Morton is a good shout too if they want to flip back.

I think it might end up being Osbourne though, just because it seems so obvious, and/or the shock will be that what Jo said about the splinter groups of the OCG is true within the police too - more than one H.

Last edited:

Blockedbyadmin

VIP Member
Having just re watched the newest ep from last sun I think DSI Carmichael is protecting Osbourne. I don’t think she’s bent but there’s a reason she constantly stops the questioning when his name is brought up

Helpmeout

I feel like we’ve built it up so much that we’re all going to be disappointed with the ending whatever it is!

What's your point

VIP Member
I have said it once and I will say it again, if Jimmy fucking Nesbitt appears on my TV tonight i will throw the dog through it.

• Haha