Line of Duty #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m trying to think who would it be that would a) make sense b) be linked in some way to this and c) leave Ted so shocked
My first thought was Corbett because of his relationship with his Mum but I don’t think the timings work with her disappearance etc.

Reactions: 2
OK.. ARGGH! I genuinely stood up and started walking up and down after that interview with that offender (forget his name) and AC12.
THE LEAK HAD TO COME FROM AC12 ⚠
Only Chloe, Steve and Ted knew.
When being interviewed the offender acknowledged that he would be stupid to talk, "I'm a coward not a fool".. "they'll know I didn't talk. They'll know I didn't talk won't they Steve" 🤯 is Steve H?!
I thought this I bet if we re watch episode 1 it will be there in black and white usally is

Reactions: 3
If Steve was bent why would he even be questioning Lakewell in the back of the van? They could have just chatted about the weather and tit like good British people do.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Why is it clearly not a police officer 🤔. Nowhere did they say not a police officer did they. You drop out of a live system if you're deceased & if you're deceased, you're no longer a police officer 😅
Steve said it was a nominal.

I didn’t know if it was an ‘in joke’ from a previous thread or people genuinely think he’s called Bakewell😂
Same, that's why I ended up commenting on it, I started thinking people actually thought it was his name 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Why is it clearly not a police officer 🤔. Nowhere did they say not a police officer did they. You drop out of a live system if you're deceased & if you're deceased, you're no longer a police officer 😅
Go and watch the scene again. Steve literally explains it for the viewers’ benefit. Also, a “nominal” means a known person to the police and as another poster mentioned, a nominal is a term used to refer to someone in the PNC.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don’t think Lakewell talked but I think he wrote something significant down in that folder with the production order and Witness Protection application. Possibly during the shootout

Ok, who’s going to help me with a list of possibilities of male non-police officers... let’s go 😂

I don’t think all of these are necessarily likely but I’m not ruling anyone out thank you 🤣

Tommy Hunter (probably makes the most sense to me, but this is LoD so I’ll continue)
Lee Banks
Jimmy Lakewell
Nick Huntley
John Corbett (if his files were fully erased?)
Anyone else to add?!
Terry boyle

Reactions: 5
I don’t think Lakewell talked but I think he wrote something significant down in that folder with the production order and Witness Protection application. Possibly during the shootout
He did make a point of having provided his solicitor with something didn’t he, then made a point of saying he didn’t “talk” (I think someone pointed this out before so sorry don’t mean to copy what’s already been said, I’m a bit of a mess over here 🤣)

Reactions: 11
If Steve was bent why would he even be questioning Lakewell in the back of the van? They could have just chatted about the weather and tit like good British people do.
Becasuse nobody knows who H is there for he wanted to see if he would talk I deffo think he could be H I mean the guy who plays him live in usa maybe ready to move on do work over there

Reactions: 3
Becasuse nobody knows who H is there for he wanted to see if he would talk I deffo think he could be H I mean the guy who plays him live in usa maybe ready to move on do work over there
You realise Martin Compston has nothing to do with the writing?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think Buckells is bent but not fully corrupt. Golf clubs in his car next to the files in the photo shown during AC 12 interview and the Jimmy garrotting scene was a threat to him "this is what happens to snitches".

Reactions: 9
My heart rate is almost back to normal after that episode. Kept changing my mind - Ted’s bent! No, Kate’s bent! No, Chloe’s bent! No, the DCC is bent! Everybody’s bent! They’re all going to die!!! Buckles- am now confused. I thought he was just a dolt, and things went on under his nose because he was too thick to notice. Now, I’m not so sure.

Ted and the team have a month til the Chief Constable (bent BASTARD klaxon) makes his announcement. Am convinced they’ll do it, fellas.

Cannot WAIT til that wee shite Ryan gets what’s coming to him. I want to punch his face in. Mother of GOD. Also think, given his skills with the gun that he’ll end up being the one who killed Gail Vella. Once they find the workshop where the guns are getting customised, we’ll be sucking diesel.

Don’t know how we’re supposed to wait til next Sunday. I’m done in 😩😩

Reactions: 23
Before this series started I kept thinking they were gonna kill Steve off. He’s had his near miss now too 😬

I think Buckells is bent but not fully corrupt. Golf clubs in his car next to the files in the photo shown during AC 12 interview and the Jimmy garrotting scene was a threat to him "this is what happens to snitches".
Wasn’t he swinging a golf club in his office in the episode before last too?

Reactions: 7
I just can’t see Steve being bent, it would mean that everything we’ve ever seen or been shown about him was a lie. It would be the worst betrayal ever! Hastings and Kate however are more plausible, they’ve always had secrets in the closet and I feel the seeds of doubt have been sown in previous series.

Reactions: 22
Anyone could be on the PNC. Nominal doesn't mean they have to be a criminal to be on the PNC. It doesn't mean they have to have a criminal record.
Go and watch the scene again. Steve literally explains it for the viewers’ benefit. Also, a “nominal” means a known person to the police and as another poster mentioned, a nominal is a term used to refer to someone in the PNC.

Reactions: 4
His wife’s American, I’m pretty sure he’s lived there a while.

The waistcoat wearing wonder is not bent.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My heart rate is almost back to normal after that episode. Kept changing my mind - Ted’s bent! No, Kate’s bent! No, Chloe’s bent! No, the DCC is bent! Everybody’s bent! They’re all going to die!!! Buckles- am now confused. I thought he was just a dolt, and things went on under his nose because he was too thick to notice. Now, I’m not so sure.

Ted and the team have a month til the Chief Constable (bent BASTARD klaxon) makes his announcement. Am convinced they’ll do it, fellas.

Cannot WAIT til that wee shite Ryan gets what’s coming to him. I want to punch his face in. Mother of GOD. Also think, given his skills with the gun that he’ll end up being the one who killed Gail Vella. Once they find the workshop where the guns are getting customised, we’ll be sucking diesel.

Don’t know how we’re supposed to wait til next Sunday. I’m done in 😩😩
Absolutely agree that it was Ryan who killed Vella. I’d be surprised if not anyway!
“If I’m wrong I’ll be corrected!!”

Reactions: 10
He did make a point of having provided his solicitor with something didn’t he, then made a point of saying he didn’t “talk” (I think someone pointed this out before so sorry don’t mean to copy what’s already been said, I’m a bit of a mess over here 🤣)
Hadn't thought of the solicitor being why Jimmy was so sure the OCG would know he hadn't talked! I think he's said something to Steve and his whole 'I haven't said anything' was because he was convinced he would survive in jail so needed Steve to keep quiet. I think the only plausible reason that Steve would agree to keep it quiet is that whatever Jimmy's gave him is close to home. But now he's dead, who knows what he'll do. The OCG clearly doesn't care if he said anything or not -- he knew too much and is a weak link, plus it's a warning to Buckells and Jo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.