Lily Pebbles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She seems such a know-it-all. She's over thinking everything. Babies need to learn to be hardy, put up with noise etc, else they will struggle when older if they expect the world to ssssshhhhh! around them. Can imagine Lily knocking on neighbours' doors at 6pm to say please turn off your television, my baby is asleep.
This is so her, but she will send Rich or moan on insta because she is famous and she wants to keep it real

Reactions: 4
She seems such a know-it-all. She's over thinking everything. Babies need to learn to be hardy, put up with noise etc, else they will struggle when older if they expect the world to ssssshhhhh! around them. Can imagine Lily knocking on neighbours' doors at 6pm to say please turn off your television, my baby is asleep.
Remember Lily wouldn't let friends hold Grey at a wedding they attended as they may have been drinking and it would over stimulate Grey.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It's illegal to promote in anyway, even putting it on stories, formula milk (stage one). Follow on is ok but that's a first formula so she shouldn't be putting it on social media.
Check out Baby Milk Action.

Reactions: 3
What am I missing, why would that be illegal?
That's from birth milk. Very strict rules about advertising formula and no ads are allowed for from birth milk, only follow on milk aimed at children 6+ months is allowed to be advertised.

It's a grey (ha) area with influencers posting to their feed though

Oh my goodness, I didn't realise she was probably shilling it, but of course she is.

Reactions: 2
I think that given what has been posted on the Mrs Hinch thread and given that she is not advertising it (gifted, paid or affiliate [or given that it is Lily *prgift]) then there is nothing to be done. I know it feels like her life is one big advert but this post isn’t actually an ad or promotion.
I don’t object to the ban on advertising such things but some of us had to bottle feed (my first wouldn’t latch properly and ended up dehydrated and I had virtually no milk supply with my second) and so it is a fact of life without which my children would have suffered. It made me feel better to know that there were others out there with thriving bottle fed babies.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
she is not advertising it (gifted, paid or affiliate [or given that it is Lily *prgift])
Well she is advertising it if it's on a business Instagram account and she was gifted it if it was provided for free where she was working.

It's all very grey and could do with some clear rules.

Reactions: 3
She's an influencer with a large following, any post can be construed as advertising/promotion. For baby milk it doesn't have to be a traditional money/gifts crossing hands situation. As a person of influence she shouldn't be showing it full stop.

And no I'm not bashing formula feeding, I'm a fed is best kinda gal. But the law is the law.

She didn’t have baby grey with her, she just saw some that someone else brought in and said it reminded her of home, I think that too much is being made of this. She’s not advertising or promoting bottle feeding, no more than when she posts about why she chose to bottle feed, if anything she was just making sure that everyone remembers that she has a baby.

Reactions: 12
Her lips look so dry in those stories! Why bother wearing lipstick when it looks so cracked and flaky? I know she’s had this recurring dry lip problem for a while but I feel like she needs something moisturising on there

Reactions: 5
I don’t see the problem with showing bottles of formula on instagram, even if you are an influencer. Us formula feeding mums aren’t lepers!

If it’s not an ad or gifted it’s fine. Some of us have to formula feed and feel terrible about it (gave me PND) so people on here saying Lily should be pulled up by the ASA for showing a bottle of formula is not helpful to other mums who feel s**t because they failed at bf.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Imagine, just imagine, if you could include ‘emergency’ nail appointments and popping into boutique shops as one of your two work days a week :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.