Lily Pebbles #9 Lily has a no-nonsense attitude, what she needs is a bit of gratitude

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watching her video now. Did she actually say that she puts burata in a paneer salad??? 🧐🧐
Paneer is an Indian cheese...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just watching her video now. Did she actually say that she puts burata in a paneer salad??? 🧐🧐
Paneer is an Indian cheese...
I think she says “putting in your salads” but says it really quickly.. She wouldn’t know what paneer was because it’s “foreign” and she’s SO English.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Her drooling over "Grey's A/W wardrobe" is ridiculous. Not that Grey's clothes are hideous but they're pretty basic and Lily dresses in a similar fashion anyway. And if she wanted to wear more pink clothing then she totally could, but of course she wants to remain that girl who's "not like other girls".

She also really needs to drop the "A/W" shtick. No one talks like this irl unless you work in fashion. She's such a try-hard!

Reactions: 16
426DF54B-1E25-4FEF-AF5A-87EDD1F3BBF7.png
Also how boastful is it to say she’s your style inspo when more than likely you’re the one who dressed her 🤔 just giving yourself a pat on the back there.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
View attachment 227585Also how boastful is it to say she’s your style inspo when more than likely you’re the one who dressed her 🤔 just giving yourself a pat on the back there.
It seems the only part of Motherhood she enjoys is dressing her daughter. Has she enthusiastically (as much as Lily can) talked about anything else baby before? Even with the clothes, she moans that she can’t wear them herself. Bit sad.

Reactions: 6
It seems the only part of Motherhood she enjoys is dressing her daughter. Has she enthusiastically (as much as Lily can) talked about anything else baby before? Even with the clothes, she moans that she can’t wear them herself. Bit sad.
Can't remember. I mean, I'm sure she does love her. There was a clip of Grey running to her crouched down with open arms to catch her and she looked genuinely happy. But other than that... it's been nothing but moaning. All the 'NObody told me's, all the 'keeping it real's, it's all been negative. Work schedules (eventhough if you can call a non-prepared look through your fridge 'work', well....), having to watch Peppa Pig, toys that make noise or not the noise you expected for your £3 so you actually go back into the shop because you think there's something wrong with it....? Even colouring with her daughter she moans about.... It's so sad.

Can't remember. I mean, I'm sure she does love her. There was a clip of Grey running to her crouched down with open arms to catch her and she looked genuinely happy. But other than that... it's been nothing but moaning. All the 'NObody told me's, all the 'keeping it real's, it's all been negative. Work schedules (eventhough if you can call a non-prepared look through your fridge 'work', well....), having to watch Peppa Pig, toys that make noise or not the noise you expected for your £3 so you actually go back into the shop because you think there's something wrong with it....? Even colouring with her daughter she moans about.... It's so sad.
I’ve no doubt she loves Grey either but like you I can’t understand why she puts out this image of general dislike bordering on disdain for anything related to parenting or play. She seems to find no joy in being a Mother. And if she does, then she very rarely shows it.

Reactions: 9
Imagine doing an ad just to claim you prefer the original version 🤦‍♀️ It's amazing how brands would want to sustain a relationship with her.
LOL SO RIGHT. I’m a “have to eat Nutella in 10 days otherwise it starts tasting too much like nuts” gal, so this is probably right up my alley. Lily has influenced at least ONE person. I’m in Canada though so who knows if it’s coming here too 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I left a comment about the rice reheating thing because I couldn't believe it and this is her reply.

She is sooooo dumb. "I don't know who to believe" -- yeah so make your own opinion! Do some research and decide for yourself!

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 15.20.05.png

Sorry to be so hung up on this but her claim that it is "really dangerous": what in the world...? Have I (and my parents before that) gambled with my life everytime I have reheated rice?! I don't think so. Rice is something I cook about once or twice a week in my rice cooker so I don't have to make it everytime I want to have some so this is a really ludicrous thing to hear.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I left a comment about the rice reheating thing because I couldn't believe it and this is her reply.

She is sooooo dumb. "I don't know who to believe" -- yeah so make your own opinion! Do some research and decide for yourself!

View attachment 227619
To be fair to Lily on this point I have heard the same thing. But I think it has more to do with how you store cooked rice ie leaving it out at room temperature the way she said she was going to do! 🤦‍♀️

I grew up in a household where we often reheated rice so it seems normal to me.🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8

View attachment 227619

Sorry to be so hung up on this but her claim that it is "really dangerous": what in the world...? Have I (and my parents before that) gambled with my life everytime I have reheated rice?! I don't think so. Rice is something I cook about once or twice a week in my rice cooker so I don't have to make it everytime I want to have some so this is a really ludicrous thing to hear.
To be fair, I've also heard that reheated rice can be a bacterial nightmare. But I've always thought if you store it well, and properly reheat it, there is no bother. We always reheat fried rice from the takeaway the next day and hasn't ever done any harm.

Reactions: 7
I'm going to allow Lily on the rice thing because I remember this discussion coming up on Twitter before and it did seem to be a huge fear loads of people had. I did also note a lot of African and Chinese people saying "we've been doing it for years and we're not dead!" It was genuinely interesting, as far as rice gets lol

I think as most people say, if you store it away and reheat it properly it's fine, but I can understand that if you feel paranoid about it you can just not want to risk. I, on the other hand, will reheat anything loool

Reactions: 4

It’s not the reheating that’s the issue. As mentioned above it’s how you store it.

It’s not the reheating that’s the issue. As mentioned above it’s how you store it.
Aha, thanks for the link. Surely brain-dead Lily can look it up on her beloved NHS website.

IMO if it's about bacteria then it shouldn't be a fear exclusive to rice, no? Like wouldn't you be "scared" about reheating anything? I don't know, I've never even thought about it. We live in the 21st century, have access to fridges and air tight containers. Shouldn't be a concern.

Reactions: 5

View attachment 227619

I'm around the same age as Lily, and distinctly remember being taught that reheating rice was dangerous in food tech classes at school. Now, I don't imagine for a moment that her private school had food tech classes (that useless crap is reserved for us state school kids), so Lily probably never had that experience, but it is a common misconception here. What I find mind boggling is that she's been wondering about reheating rice since she was at university (at least). It doesn't take much googling to discover that it's completely fine if you a) cool your rice properly and b) reheat it properly too. Unless someone spoon feeds her the information, she's incapable of learning a thing.

Reactions: 9
E708DCC1-6994-43D0-9811-D78387DFD9CA.png
Strategically placed Waitrose vegetable bags in the background. I see you Lily, angling for that Waitrose sponsorship. Imagine being that tight with cash that you don’t even want to pay for your food shop. Oh sorry, it’s not tight, according to Anna in their podcast, Lily is frugal, the most frugal person she knows, quite the compliment there 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.