Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Lily as an agony aunt, please Lord no 😂
I feel like we all need to ask questions like:

"A friend of mine is really miserable and negative about everything, a real mood hoover. What should I say to her?"

"My friend and I were on a train recently and two other women were speaking Spanish. My friend was really rude and offended that they didn't speak English as we were all sharing transport, how do I talk to her about her racist and xenophobic attitude?"

"My sister wears awful clothes that don't suit her, I think she is just following trends. Her latest purchase makes her look like a Victorian ghost! Can you advise how I bring this up with her?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

Bea27

Long time lurker... I listened to the podcast (I must be a glutton for punishment). There was a question from a woman who lives on her own and has been finding it really difficult self-isolating and not seeing anyone at work... Lily basically said she knew exactly how that felt because when she lived in her flat, she didn’t have a baby and Rich was at work all day... she has no clue how that woman feels because she was still living with someone who she would see every day and also had the ability to go out and spend time with people or go into the gleam offices and see colleagues, she wasn’t in the middle of global pandemic!!! Sorry, I know it’s only a tiny thing, but it just shows her complete lack of empathy and self absorbed personality. She literally only talked about other mums working from home, whereas Anna at least was sympathetic for all the different situations people were in (parents, single people on their own etc). I could go and on so much about what she said in that podcast, but I won’t 😂🙈

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

SachaStark

The theme for the latest podcast episode is so weird to me: “Tips for Productivity When WFH”.

Just to get this aside for a start, even if I DID need tips for WFH, why would I take them from either of these two? As far as I can see, neither of them have conducted a real job whilst working from home? No, I’m not going to count writing crap blog posts, filming your fridge, or re-organising an area of your home as a real job. Sorry, it’s not. It might earn you money, but real job it is not. Has Lily ever had a real job that she needed to do? I know Anna worked in an office about ten years ago: this really doesn’t qualify you to give working tips to real working women as far as I’m concerned.

Also, this whole trend promoted by influencers of needing to “motivate” yourself to work from home, or curate beautifully designed “office” spaces where you constantly update a gallery wall, is all just such nonsense.

My experience is, if you have a real, proper job, that requires you to meet deadlines and has real consequences if you don’t do the work, then you will just sit down and DO IT, and that is the only motivation required.

Personally, I have the kind of job where we all understand that it’s 60-80 hours of work a week, because it’s damned important stuff, and we want to do the work. When that work was restructured in the midst of a global pandemic so that we all had to work from home, but still had to produce the same levels of work, because if we didn’t, it would all go to hell, do you think I spent time faffing around with my home office design, and tuning the radio in? No, because it would be a laughable waste of time.

They both really need to stop pretending that they are so “busy”, and “working” at home all day. Anna had “lunch” on her to do list the other week, whilst Mark went to Halfords, and Lily sat on the floor of her spare bedroom opening makeup palettes in the sunshine. It’s really quite insulting to people who have actually been adapting to working from home during a pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Xanthedh

I saw Pebbles, Rich and Grey today! I was ridiculously excited 😂. Rich is so much taller and way hotter than I had imagined. Grey is divine! Not sure I saw Lily smile once....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

Afruss

Only the best for Grey: “breaded cod” - what the rest of us know as “fish fingers”. Honestly, give me strength.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Gold_7

Chatty Member
I think she has found her ‘job’ stressful for a long time because she has nothing to make content about...except making content. I think she used to like it but now doesn’t.

And she needs the money this work brings in, so can’t give it up and feels trapped. So she resents her ‘job’ and now everything about it feels strenuous because: what is her job? To show us snapshots of her life and make it instagramable and interesting.

Except - sorry to be rude - she’s not interesting or creative at all. If it wasn’t so lucrative, I think she would have given up after the book disaster.

I look at her Instagram sometimes and just think: ‘the only reason you are posting this is for money/engagement. YOU don’t care. WE don’t care. So why bother?’

She’s because a parody of what bloggers/YouTubers used to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Xanthedh

So tempted to reply to her story about where people go crabbing with ‘Thanks Lily for the Suffolk tour no one asked for 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

icryincoffee

Screenshot_20200822-164519.png

100% cannot tell whether it's a sunny or a rainy day because of this filter. And 2.

Screenshot_20200822-164524.png

How RUDE is this?? The Suffolk tour that no one asked for?? She could turn this into a vlog and I would absolutely watch it because I would LOVE to know more about Suffolk!! Honestly, I hope she's kinder to rich in real life than what we see on social media because if my partner disrespected me or my hometown like this, you can bet good money that I would LEAVE.

Lreb88

VIP Member
‘Allow myself’ she’s a barrel of fun isn’t she! Not to mention spelling a word wrong when it’s right in front of you! And it’s your job.
I prefer McChicken but voted Legend in solidarity with Rich.

• Haha

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
I thought the whole point of Lily having a baby was so that she wouldn't have to walk around Kings Cross on a Sunday. You know with all those other women who's lives are pointless because they don't have kids?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

skippyskip

Another nice comment about Rich giving the Suffolk tour that no one asked for! So don’t share it you moaning misery.

Rich looks like he’s having a barrel of laughs doesn’t he! 🙄
It's like Rich is the dad and Lily is the sulky teenager being dragged out for a day at the beach.
"Ooh I think Ed Sheeran lives around here somewhere"
"Daaad... shut up, nobody cares" and goes back to staring at her phone

• Haha
Reactions: 35

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
Lily: I didn't realise it was just a fine layer
Made.com The material of the table top is delicate. We recommend the use of coasters or placemats for glasses or dishes.

Yup, sounds about right.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

CheshireLove

VIP Member
7645FA20-EFED-4608-B463-3B32E756DFBE.jpeg

Translated: “I’m disgustingly greedy and didn’t thank any people/brands that sent me freebies in the past. Now I have no freebies coming my way and no imagination to create videos without free stuff, I’m going to pretend to be grateful for this in the hope that it was a brand who sent it to me and they’ll send an affiliate link my way.”

• Wow
  • Haha

Magee

VIP Member
Who do you think sees more of her shit in a week, her toilet or Rich?

• Haha
  • Heart
Screenshot_20200818-141702.png

How about you go out for a walk, get on with jobs, give her some toys, read some books or do literally anything... She's a young toddler, she doesn't need pre-planned entertainment, this isn't a summer camp! Never seen anyone so unnatural at this motherhood malarky.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

BooYa

Ok, I’ve finished.
Her other feel good habits...
Voice notes
Cooking for grey
Spa treatments
Singing in the car.

Notable moments include ‘I hate new musicals, like, wicked, and like cheesy ones...’ ‘do you know what, I don’t even think I’ve seen it. I always use it as an example of one that I don’t like but I’ve never seen it’

Basically sums her up.

• Haha
  • Wow

Magee

VIP Member
Original title; Lily thinks she has a no-nonsense attitude, what she needs is a bit of gratitude. Thanks icryincoffee 👌🏽

Recap of last thread
- No relevant work worth noting, except her weekly mother’s meeting podcast with Anna, which is consistent. Consistently shit.
-Went glamping in a zoo for ONE NIGHT for her Dads 60th, no mention of Dad on the trip and of course a 30 page insta story because nothing else happens in her little London life.
-Moaned about the weather, stole Greiges fan from her buggy, then ran off to “work” at her dads office because he has air conditioning.
-Flogged an affiliate code for her wedding shoes which she didn’t even wear
-Found out her insufferable attitude came from her Dad
-Jealous she wasn’t there to take Greige out for pick your own fruit day. Mainly because it’s C O N T E N T
-Showed us her shitter 🚽

• Haha

zuzu

Lily often says she doesn’t have time to do x,y, and z. For example, I suggested she try thrifting for her new bedroom (more individualised pieces, better for the environment and interesting content) and she said she didn’t have the time. She said in her podcast she didn’t have time to do some sculpting kit in the evenings. She said she didn’t have time to do grocery shopping to justify her HelloFresh sponsorship.

I heard someone suggest instead of using “I don’t have time for that” you should say “that is not a priority for me”. If she admitted “I don’t want to thrift” or “I don’t want to go grocery shopping” it’d be better. She thinks she lives this fast paced life, when in reality she’s just lazy.

• Heart