Lily Pebbles #9 Lily has a no-nonsense attitude, what she needs is a bit of gratitude

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get the post baby slump, I really do, I'm experiencing it. However, if I had the PR discounts that Lily has, I would be completely reinventing myself. Once again, she's got such a window here for some good content. Go see a personal stylist, or even an online service, and feed back all the tips. This is how to dress if you've lost your bum/boobs/waist etc. I'd be here for that content.

Unless I've misunderstood her partnerships and she only gets a tiny discount or something, and isn't willing to spend her actual money (likely).
This. I'm in the same position and really struggling to find my groove again with clothes. My body shape is really similar to Lily's but even I've realised a shapeless dress isn't the way.

Reactions: 10
I get the post baby slump, I really do, I'm experiencing it. However, if I had the PR discounts that Lily has, I would be completely reinventing myself. Once again, she's got such a window here for some good content. Go see a personal stylist, or even an online service, and feed back all the tips. This is how to dress if you've lost your bum/boobs/waist etc. I'd be here for that content.

Unless I've misunderstood her partnerships and she only gets a tiny discount or something, and isn't willing to spend her actual money (likely).
Ah you read my mind! My baby is almost 5 months old and I would love to see her tackle the post baby body topic by visiting a personal stylist. Would be great exposure for the stylist (not suggesting she shouldn't still pay) and she would come away with clothes that actually suit her. Not that much effort required on her part surely? Instead she just moans constantly that she is not the same as before and has nothing to wear.

Saying that, your clothing also has to suit your personality, not just your body i.e. if you're a super shy person you are probably not going to suit lots of dramatic, statement styles that cause everyone to look at you. Not sure what style suits a mood hoover?!🤷‍♀️🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can I just say that Grey's tiedye jogging bottoms look like there was an accident with the wash? Looks like the whites had a red shirt washed with it. Awful.

And Grey being 'obsessed' with the make up desk? Does Lily not understand how little ones love sorting games, even when they are Grey's age? Time for some age appropriate educational toys, Lily. You know, the ugly ones. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ah you read my mind! My baby is almost 5 months old and I would love to see her tackle the post baby body topic by visiting a personal stylist. Would be great exposure for the stylist (not suggesting she shouldn't still pay) and she would come away with clothes that actually suit her. Not that much effort required on her part surely? Instead she just moans constantly that she is not the same as before and has nothing to wear.

Saying that, your clothing also has to suit your personality, not just your body i.e. if you're a super shy person you are probably not going to suit lots of dramatic, statement styles that cause everyone to look at you. Not sure what style suits a mood hoover?!🤷‍♀️🤣
I suppose that's where the Victorian ghost dresses come in 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
THIS dress omg... if you feel the need to twist your hand against your waist to make it look good then it's a bad dress.

She should just bring it to a seamstress to turn it into face masks.
maybe she could get it made into a tent for next time they go glamping? #sustainable

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Thank you!!

This whole styling after pregnancy feels like another missed opportunity for content and conversation on women's body and self image. Also I wish this emoji was a reaction: 🤦‍♀️ It's the primary reaction Lily evokes in me.
But maybe she doesn't see it yet? We all see how she's changed from pre-baby body, but maybe it hasn't clicked with her. I remember i used to dress really frumpy because i wanted to cover up my body and only in hindsight i realised I just fell into dressing that way because i lacked confidence if that makes sense?

Reactions: 7
God forbid Grey grow up to fall in love with someone from the countryside and spend every Xmas at her bf’s because you know, home made Yorkshire pudding > aunt beatsey. And try Toad in Hole for the first time.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
In the previous thread someone mentioned her complaining about having to take photos herself, a subtle dig at Anna who is so “lucky” to have Mark onboard. But even before that Anna was willing to pay professional photographers to take photos regularly. Lily could easily hire someone to work with her as well, wouldn’t even need to be full time, but that does mean she’d need to spend money.

Reactions: 16
I would just like to know what mark and ana really thinks of lily and her moaning and not so subtle digs when they're alone. I bet they are just shaking thier heads..

Reactions: 16
It’s not just Lily’s fault with clothing though. There is a certain look that unfortunately is fashionable now, and if you have boobs and hips it just doesn’t work! You end up looking like Lily or Anna rather than Emma Hill or Lizzy Hadfield.
I have discovered that Tu dresses for me quite well. They are in no way a sustainable brand, but most sustainable brands just do awful boxy dresses, if they do dresses at all. But for bloggers a supermarket clothing brand is beneath them - I still remember Freddy my love slandering supermarket clothing. So even if Lily did find that dresses from Tu or Marks and Spencer fit her better than H&M and Arket, she wouldn’t admit it/wear it.

Reactions: 8
But maybe she doesn't see it yet? We all see how she's changed from pre-baby body, but maybe it hasn't clicked with her. I remember i used to dress really frumpy because i wanted to cover up my body and only in hindsight i realised I just fell into dressing that way because i lacked confidence if that makes sense?
I suppose that's fair. I wore clothes that were basically tarps when I was bigger too. I think what bothers me about lily is that she has access to personal stylists and they're something she can afford if her clothes are bothering her so much - I don't even know if her story with her clothes saying she sees her old self is genuinely a case of her style evolving or her hoping someone would "reach out" with clothes. It's really hard to put that past her. And it's never a case of "oh I like this dress" with her. It's always a what do we think?

In the previous thread someone mentioned her complaining about having to take photos herself, a subtle dig at Anna who is so “lucky” to have Mark onboard. But even before that Anna was willing to pay professional photographers to take photos regularly. Lily could easily hire someone to work with her as well, wouldn’t even need to be full time, but that does mean she’d need to spend money.
And with Lily being as tight as two coats of paint, that's not going to happen is it...? She'd rather complain about not having any help than actually getting someone to help her.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I would just like to know what mark and ana really thinks of lily and her moaning and not so subtle digs when they're alone. I bet they are just shaking thier heads..
I would bet good money that it’s pity... pity that she can’t just be happy with the extremely privileged life she has and pity that she has to be bitter and jealous at something as small and insignificant as having your husband take pictures for you!

I also imagine they pity Rich for having to put up with her!

• Haha
I would bet good money that it’s pity... pity that she can’t just be happy with the extremely privileged life she has and pity that she has to be bitter and jealous at something as small and insignificant as having your husband take pictures for you!

I also imagine they pity Rich for having to put up with her!
That's why I don't blame Rich for keeping his (part time) job.

Reactions: 3
And with Lily being as tight as two coats of paint, that's not going to happen is it...? She'd rather complain about not having any help than actually getting someone to help her.
Hahahah - tight as two coats of paint .. I like that!!!

You know what, I don't think she is completely innocent like how others think of her. No doubt she is nice but seeing how she curated her social media image, she is very controlling of what she let out to outsiders. She hardly ever speak up on any issues apart from BLM, I think she is super careful and calculative/ aware of action and repercussion - she rather keep quiet on issues that she aren't aware than to jump on bandwagon (whether this should be the right move or not is a story for another day).

I mean, everything that Lily did, is something that Anna will never do, their contents are completely opposite.

Mark and Anna will 100% have a good lol at Lily privately

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.