Lily Pebbles #8 A day not moaned is a day not lived.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is so unhappy in her life. The podcast about motherhood.... all that bit at the end about not being able to understand women who don’t have children - who says that? It was so forced and also quite nasty when she belittled people deciding where to go for brunch, she used to do that and realises how stupid it is now she’s had a baby!! I just think is a sign of someone who is deeply unhappy with their own choices. Most people I know who have a baby, would love to have a day where they simply get to just wake up and do whatever! Just everything she was saying about motherhood didn’t ring true for me. It was too defensive. she should just be honest and say “it’s tough, I do miss parts of my old life, but me and rich wanted a family so that’s the pay off”.
She is a miserable witch. There's nothing wrong with women who don't want children. In fact, I think lily regrets having a child and following the life script. There I said it. Some people do regret having kids but it isn't spoken about obviously. I think she is jealous of child free (by choice) women. Misery loves company.

So I’m just in the last 2 minutes of their latest podcast. They have talked about their weddings and how and where they got married. Lily was AT Anna’s wedding at the registry office and then comes out with the line “even if you do it at a registry, it doesn’t feel like you’re married”....insensitive much Lily? Anna literally says erm yeah in response. This was when talking about current times and whether to postpone a wedding or just go to a registry office.
If anything, listening to this episode has shown me that Anna is an absolute sweetheart and it’s clear that her friends and family adore her and her relationship. As for Lily, she won’t part with a penny even if it’s for the enjoyment of someone else, and family aren’t really her thing, she’s still living in her past friendships.
Don’t even get me started on bringing babies to weddings. So THAT came up and she’s like now I’m a mother I have an opinion on this and then explains all the reasons why babies should be at weddings because she couldn’t possibly leave hers at home and Anna should be considerate about why Mums don’t want to leave their child at home. She then proceeded to say she took Grey to a wedding and sat at the back when Grey started disturbing things, way to impose your child on a wedding.
I would want a child free wedding as toddlers and kids get bored. And some parents are selfish fucks and won't take their baby outside when it cries...like how Lily didn't. She is an absolute horrible bleep.

Reactions: 11
In one of the podcast episodes (I can't remember which one – I listened to all of them in random order while doing the most mundane housework), Anna mentions that she is extremely unassertive and does not stand up for herself. This was also quite noticeable when they were doing the IG lives – Lily would constantly make condescending remarks to Anna and she would just smile and nod along even though the comments were quite mean. So sadly, I don't think Anna will distance herself from Lily anytime soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I was looking at the photos of her hen and seeing her group of friends and then remembering how few of them appeared to have shown up for her baby shower. I really want to know what happened with her friends. I dont think its as simple as just not showing them in videos. She rarely ever talks about them anymore. Some of them are moms now so its not like she can use the they don't have kids and don't understand excuse

Reactions: 6
In one of the podcast episodes (I can't remember which one – I listened to all of them in random order while doing the most mundane housework), Anna mentions that she is extremely unassertive and does not stand up for herself. This was also quite noticeable when they were doing the IG lives – Lily would constantly make condescending remarks to Anna and she would just smile and nod along even though the comments were quite mean. So sadly, I don't think Anna will distance herself from Lily anytime soon.
Anna is actually gaslit by Lily
Totally agree that as soon as Anna moves out and starts her Reno she will completely eclipse Lily
Why have her drag her down?!?

Reactions: 12
Some of Lily’s comments in this podcast were so condescending. I feel like Anna really framed her choices as being the best for her and Mark (which is what it should all be about) whereas Lily seemed to be saying her way was the absolute right way to do things. Her views on staged photos...yeah, they might not have been important to her, but maybe they will be to some of her listeners? Kids and plus ones at weddings are also super controversial, and I feel like Anna at least acknowledged there are politics, whereas Lily was much more forceful about her opinions.

There’s nothing wrong with her saying that she loved her wedding and stands by her choices, but that doesn’t make those choices right for everyone.

Reactions: 10
Anna is actually gaslit by Lily
Totally agree that as soon as Anna moves out and starts her Reno she will completely eclipse Lily
Why have her drag her down?!?
I don't think Anna/Mark is that naive. Their relationship seems to be non existent apart from work commitments and a few cute moments with the baby. Especially if you compare it to a few years back. That is what any person values their mental wellbeing and possess the ability to move on would do anyways. Why would you want to be friends with someone constantly puts you down, is openly jealous of you, no one can blame her🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
. Not to mention the fact it is a monumental spend of money for one day. Love is not about a big showy staged day.
My sister got married in an actual castle. She had the huge wedding dress, the sit down 3 course breakfast with locally sourced this and that, a party with 100 guests.
I got married at a registry office, a dress I bought online, had a do in a hall with family and some friends, a buffet and a DJ.
The end result is the same, we are both married.

Everyone does what they feel suits them, suits their budget. For Lily to be so dismissive is absolutely disgusting.
And her 'hilaaaarious' tshirt on the day of her ACTUAL wedding is beyond pathetic. No wonder she felt like it's not 'real'. She treated it with such disrespect.

I don't think Anna/Mark is that naive. Their relationship seems to be non existent apart from work commitments and a few cute moments with the baby. Especially if you compare it to a few years back. That is what any person values their mental wellbeing and possess the ability to move on would do anyways. Why would you want to be friends with someone constantly puts you down, is openly jealous of you, no one can blame her🤷🏻‍♀️
Yes, Lily really is 'her work wife' and they only seem to get together to do work related stuff. I think Anna moving to Brighton has really helped her remain that distance. I find Anna incredibly boring, but she works a lot harder than Lily and seems genuinely nice. She doesn't feel the need to constantly put her husband down, either.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Haven't even got to the wedding part yet. They're talking about those instagram "what __ are you" pages and she's saying it takes ages to find the name 'Lily' on the pages because it's "not the most common of names". Wtf?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Anna should really branch away from lily and do the podcast alone and invite guests to talk to. Lily just sounds toxic on those podcasts.

Re weddings and registry office. I remember a huge mumsnet thread about weddings that don’t have the legal ceremony in, and whether that was a real wedding (where someone has chosen to get married in an unlicensed barn like lily and have the registry separate) and it was really interesting as the majority of posters said the registry bit was the important bit as that’s the legal ceremony that makes you married, the rest is just a party. And as your registry date would be your ‘marriage’ that’s the date that really counts.

I’ve no fixed view (as in people should do what they want) but lily forgets when spouting off that many people do have other views (as shown by the mumsnet thread) and if that’s her audience they are going to be pissed off with a comment that registry weddings aren’t special or don’t make you feel married. She’s just a loose cannon with her opinions, she can’t put them over in a less contentious way because she’s just so fixed in her head over being right. No wonder people can’t stand her.

also with this new reels functionality, expect much moan and soul searching and hiding under tables over how to use it and how much harder it makes her life

Reactions: 10
Haven't even got to the wedding part yet. They're talking about those instagram "what __ are you" pages and she's saying it takes ages to find the name 'Lily' on the pages because it's "not the most common of names". Wtf?
My husband's aunt was named Lily, there was a character in As The World Turns called Lily (who then had a long lost twin sister called Rose), there was the Dave Stewart song. That's 3 without thinking about it.

My husband's aunt was named Lily, there was a character in As The World Turns called Lily (who then had a long lost twin sister called Rose), there was the Dave Stewart song. That's 3 without thinking about it.
Lily Allen
Lily Melrose
Lily Aldridge
Lily Donaldson
Lily Collins
Lily Tomlin
Lily Cole

She is such a dolt.

• Haha
I’m a teacher.

There’s a Lily in every class. It’s a very common name. There’s nothing wrong with that.

But Lily needs to stop the make-believe that she is oh-so-terribly-unique.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
According to Wikipedia:
" In the United States, "Lily" became one of the top-100 names for newborn girls in 2002 and reached a rank of 18 by 2009.[2] Lily was the 3rd most popular name for baby girls in England in 2011.[3] In Northern Ireland, "Lily" increased in rank by 90 places in 2003, reaching the top 100 "

And no, Lily Pebbles is not on the list of famous Lilys. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It was probably another dig at Anna’s name, that Lily is so much more special than Anna according to Lily. Of course it’s not as unusual as Grey, but Lily is a fairly standard name.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I haven't listened to the podcast yet but I just can't believe she wore that t-shirt to her official wedding. Why wouldn't you wear something nice, or at least something that didn't have 'nope' emblazoned across the front of it?! That to me is so sad, to be trying so hard to be ironic and edgy rather than just enjoying the day and making it special! I remember Liv Purvis got legally married a few days before her wedding and they both got dressed up, she had a mini bouquet and they had nice photos taken, to commemorate it. Kim from LoveCloth did the same. Like I get that she wanted her big day to be the main event but so did those girls, and it doesn't mean you can't celebrate the legal day, you still can and it can be low key. It's just about you two anyway, why wouldn't you make it as romantic and memorable as possible?! It makes me sad!

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but I just can't believe she wore that t-shirt to her official wedding. Why wouldn't you wear something nice, or at least something that didn't have 'nope' emblazoned across the front of it?! That to me is so sad, to be trying so hard to be ironic and edgy rather than just enjoying the day and making it special! I remember Liv Purvis got legally married a few days before her wedding and they both got dressed up, she had a mini bouquet and they had nice photos taken, to commemorate it. Kim from LoveCloth did the same. Like I get that she wanted her big day to be the main event but so did those girls, and it doesn't mean you can't celebrate the legal day, you still can and it can be low key. It's just about you two anyway, why wouldn't you make it as romantic and memorable as possible?! It makes me sad!
Imagine another bride seeing her at the registry office, how horrible.

Reactions: 8
I don’t get that either. I think she was probably going for the t shirt and jeans vibe because she doesn’t think the legal ceremony means anything. It wasn’t a good look for Britney Spears in 2004,and it’s still not a good look now!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It was probably another dig at Anna’s name, that Lily is so much more special than Anna according to Lily. Of course it’s not as unusual as Grey, but Lily is a fairly standard name.
I am around the same age as Lily. Growing up it wasn't so popular a name, but is certainly is now!!!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.