Lily Pebbles #5 Baby Greige turns one in age; but don't be silly, it's all about Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's someone who'd make a big deal out of going south of the river 🙄 I've lived in London for over 10 years and never felt the way she apparently does about my local area. I don't live in a gentrified area at all - it's a mix of all sorts and that's why I like it. I've never considered anywhere to be a 'no-go' area. I think that her snobbiness is shining through and clearly there is a undercurrent of her upbringing shining through with her comment about her dad saying don't go there.
Yes! I remember her saying something snobbish about south London in a vlog ages ago!
I have lived in SW London for 5 years and love it, have never understood the anti south attitude people like Lily have.

As a side - did anyone ever watch Lucy Moon’s video with Evan Edinger a couple of years ago where they spoke about areas to live in London and where to avoid. They both said ‘avoid crossing the river to go south at all costs’ and made out it was this dreadful unsafe place. Its just such a strange opinion to have it’s no different to any other London area lol

Reactions: 12
She's someone who'd make a big deal out of going south of the river 🙄 I've lived in London for over 10 years and never felt the way she apparently does about my local area. I don't live in a gentrified area at all - it's a mix of all sorts and that's why I like it. I've never considered anywhere to be a 'no-go' area. I think that her snobbiness is shining through and clearly there is a undercurrent of her upbringing shining through with her comment about her dad saying don't go there.
Her Dad is a racist too then. Seriously, what is wrong with these cunts?

Reactions: 4
There’ll be a story tomorrow about how nobody got it because they either aren’t British or aren’t from London, guaranteed. No apology, just that her followers don’t understand.
I’m British and live in London and don’t get it at all!!

Reactions: 7
Yes! I remember her saying something snobbish about south London in a vlog ages ago!
I have lived in SW London for 5 years and love it, have never understood the anti south attitude people like Lily have.

As a side - did anyone ever watch Lucy Moon’s video with Evan Edinger a couple of years ago where they spoke about areas to live in London and where to avoid. They both said ‘avoid crossing the river to go south at all costs’ and made out it was this dreadful unsafe place. Its just such a strange opinion to have it’s no different to any other London area lol
So ridiculous. I lived in Clapham and Streatham for 3 years. Walked about all over the place, phone out, never once had that or anything nicked nor any other crime against me, and I never worried that it would be. People like Lily who look down with their miserable scowling faces on others from different backgrounds who live in certain areas are the ones who get their phones nicked 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Reactions: 12
I think it's snobby for sure. But racist? Most areas of London are quite multicultural and there's not one area that's all black / spanish / polish / chinese or whatever, it's all pretty mixed. I would think she is probably referring to an area where there is lots of council housing and perhaps not as picturesque as where she lives. Or maybe it's not as well lit / too quiet / full of dark alleyways.

To me it came across as another failed attempt to be funny.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
Yeah it’s tone deaf and controversial but how is it racist? People jumping to conclusions and thinking that only poc can be disadvantaged.
There are dodgy streets in every neighbourhood.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
I'm not sure it's racist (although I could be proved wrong) but it's completely tone deaf and pretty insensitive.

Influencers have zero accountability and I don't think some quite understand that what they're putting out there is reaching hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of people. It's all very well and good posting whatever comes into your head first to maintain your chaotic energy vibe, but there seems to be no duty of care towards those that view the content. I get that to consider every story would take thought and energy, but if that's your job, I don't see why it's so hard. Think before you speak!

Reactions: 11
Poor Rich fucked up yet again lol. can't even sleep in peace

The lack of accountability really pissed me off, I am sure she gets thousands of DMs calling her out but of course no apology and no explanation.

Also loving the fact that Head of Talent at Gleam keeps sharing posts about Racism/ White Privilege and Lily, on the other hand, is just sharing her 'chaotic energy'

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Does anyone remember a few years ago maybe, Lily tweeted a completely tone deaf tweet about how she was ‘sick’ of hearing people using slang like ‘got my hair did’ or ‘nails on Fleek’ something like that anyway. And she got absolutely rinsed by people informing her that most of the phrases she used as examples are actually Ebonics and slang that originates from black African culture.

She didn’t even apologise she just deleted the tweet and then made some indirect tweet about how people don’t get her sarcasm or some bullshit. She is an entitled and prejudiced and can’t accept when she’s wrong.

Reactions: 19
Rich was probably hoping it was burglars and they were going to take all their mismatched #gifted furniture from downstairs

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Does anyone remember a few years ago maybe, Lily tweeted a completely tone deaf tweet about how she was ‘sick’ of hearing people using slang like ‘got my hair did’ or ‘nails on Fleek’ something like that anyway. And she got absolutely rinsed by people informing her that most of the phrases she used as examples are actually Ebonics and slang that originates from black African culture.

She didn’t even apologise she just deleted the tweet and then made some indirect tweet about how people don’t get her sarcasm or some bullshit. She is an entitled and prejudiced and can’t accept when she’s wrong.
Yes, i remember this. Here is the link- https://webcache.googleusercontent....?t=23364&start=575+&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk (GG is down lol)

Reactions: 1
Lily may not have been overtly racist but with the current climate of Black death, George Floyd & Ahmaud Arbery, her stories are EXTREMELY ill placed and unacceptable. Her post completely exudes privilege and, to me, cannot and must not simply be passed off as humour. It is not funny. It has so many real implications for lower socio-economic class members, black people, and many victims of other dispositions that face these real and life threatening problems daily. First step this, next step Amy Cooper? @/heavydiscussion on Instagram explores whiteness in the outdoors space, I would recommend the read. I would really hate for this to slip through the net because it’s not ‘overtly racist’, but alas, for someone as privileged as Lily, it will.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Lily may not have been overtly racist but with the current climate of Black death, George Floyd & Ahmaud Arbery, her stories are EXTREMELY ill placed and unacceptable. Her post completely exudes privilege and, to me, cannot and must not simply be passed off as humour. It is not funny. It has so many real implications for lower socio-economic class members, black people, and many victims of other dispositions that face these real and life threatening problems daily. First step this, next step Amy Cooper? @/heavydiscussion on Instagram explores whiteness in the outdoors space, I would recommend the read. I would really hate for this to slip through the net because it’s not ‘overtly racist’, but alas, for someone as privileged as Lily, it will.
You said it far more eloquently than I ever could but this is exactly what I meant when I said her stories were dripping with white privilege.

Reactions: 11
I think the most frustrating thing is that, if she is racist (however unintentionally), she won't ever apologise. She'll just delete the story and say nothing or try to defend herself by claiming it's her British sarcasm or whatever tit excuse she uses. Just apologise??? Is it really that difficult to listen what people are telling you and admit that you're wrong for once?

Reactions: 14
View attachment 139582

Is she actually serious? SMH 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Where does she actually live?
WTF.
I think the most frustrating thing is that, if she is racist (however unintentionally), she won't ever apologise. She'll just delete the story and say nothing or try to defend herself by claiming it's her British sarcasm or whatever tit excuse she uses. Just apologise??? Is it really that difficult to listen what people are telling you and admit that you're wrong for once?
Asking whether she should do a review on f***ing Chanel bronzer now. Way to go there Lily. 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 3
The most useless influencer of all time is now drawing pictures of Mickey Mouse on coffee. Is this really considered "work"?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She makes these comments out of privilege.

The fact that she flippantly makes such remarks, as if what she’s saying is normal, everyday conversation, tells me she is either ignorant and stupid to that privilege or just doesn’t care and is possibly quite happy coming across the way she does and contributing to the problem.

She’ll never apologise because doing so would mean needing to recognise the privilege she has and projects out into the world. And she is either too stupid, too ignorant or too lazy to do so. That would mean she would need to work on the nasty opinions she has that stink of privilege and racism.

Reactions: 5
Lily is a piece of tit. To post that in this current climate! I would just go straight to Gleam and ask if this is the type of person they want on their books. She’s done this so many times. She may not think she is racist but there is an undertone here. She is sneering at those less fortunate than her, pigeonholing them and accusing them for no reason. She’s done this before and she never owns it. Vile

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.