Lily Pebbles #36 Lily Pebbles and the Sad Kidnapper's Cupboard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The recaps are my favourite because they highlight what a clueless train wreck of an asshole this woman is
Recap
  • Lily took her, him and Poor Rich on holiday. She didn't mention it much.
  • She made Grey a den in her office loft which looks like a hybrid between a kidnapper's hide and a place a dog would sleep.
  • Went for dinner on her own. Was a total witch about her friends not joining her.
  • Didn't clean out Grey's water table and it looked like it had the cast of Finding Nemo in it. Nobody told her you have to clean outdoor play equipment.
  • Posted her crotch because Anna did.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Heaven forbid she just runs a wide-toothed comb through it twice a day. Much better to leave it for days so it gets all knotted. Or cuts it shorter.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
It's disgusting how blatant her begging for products is.
My little girl has very curly hair (3b I'd say) and guess what, I've just learned about it and used trial and error. We only brush it before washing usually but you just section it, distract her with YouTube or a story and brush very gently holding each section at the top so it doesn't pull.
Also if it's gotten very tangled like on a windy day then I'd just brush it and refresh it with water and a tiny bit of product.

It's not rocket science but God forbid Lily puts her hand in her pocket to try out a few different products...

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My kids all have curly hair, it’s takes care but it’s not that hard. I don’t have curly hair so I had to learn…because they’re my kids. (They are all adults now and comfortable and proud of their natural heart although the have the option of straightening it once in a while, for a change of look.)

Why doesn’t she ask her own mum how she did it? 🤯

I think she dislikes it because it takes her away from the white girl aesthetic she seems to prize so dearly. God forbid she looks Jewish eh? 🙄 It’s sad because it’s pretty and it suits her.

Reactions: 18
IMG_20220630_084007.jpg

Actually agree with her on this. I've been using Instagram less and less lately and I've realised it's because I'm bored with all the random crap I'm not interested in that it throws at me every time I open it. I want to see what my friends are up to, not dozens and dozens of crafty reels.

However, I am enjoying Lily moaning about it, because I know what bothers her the most is that she's getting less exposure and engagement from her followers.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
View attachment 1379860
Actually agree with her on this. I've been using Instagram less and less lately and I've realised it's because I'm bored with all the random crap I'm not interested in that it throws at me every time I open it. I want to see what my friends are up to, not dozens and dozens of crafty reels.

However, I am enjoying Lily moaning about it, because I know what bothers her the most is that she's getting less exposure and engagement from her followers.
I agree too. As someone who designs apps and user flows for a living that update threw me into a legit rage. I want to see my friends and stuff I'm interested in and not get annoyed at every post. It's legit like ad-suggestion-ad-post from someone I follow but it's from a week ago-suggestion-ad. I truly don't understand how they could duck up their app this badly. A lot of users don't browse IG, they want to stay in their own bubble, it's not Tiktok and Meta got that completely wrong, it's actually almost hilarious how wrong for one of the biggest companies in the world. All it does is make me use it barely at all.

Sorry, the UX designer in me is raging still and Lily is right 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 31
View attachment 1379860

If you use Android, you need to tap on the Instagram logo, and you can choose to only see posts by people you follow. You have to do it every time you go to the main feed but it helps you catch up with what your friends and people you care about on IG, have been up to.
Not sure about iPhones though.
Screenshot_20220630-080631~2.png

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think it’s the three dots top right of the suggested post - you can turn it off sponsored posts somehow there.

guessing no one told her

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If you use Android, you need to tap on the Instagram logo, and you can choose to only see posts by people you follow. You have to do it every time you go to the main feed but it helps you catch up with what your friends and people you care about on IG, have been up to.
Not sure about iPhones though.
View attachment 1379971
🙏🙌🙌 I had no idea you could do this!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My kids both have curly hair which I love. The only issue we had was when the dreaded nits arrived. Dragging conditioner through long curly hair for what felt like hours was an effing nightmare but I just got on with it because it was my job!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You can also pause suggested posts for 30 days, but my husband couldn’t do it on his Instagram account for some reason. Maybe it depends on whether you’ve updated the app?

Reactions: 5
You can also pause suggested posts for 30 days, but my husband couldn’t do it on his Instagram account for some reason. Maybe it depends on whether you’ve updated the app?
I can't do it either and also can only manually hide every single suggested post, it's bloody annoying

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I have 3a hair, used to be even curlier when I was younger and yep I hated having my hair combed but as others have said I think every young kid kinda hates having their hair brushed/combed. However, my mum used to put my hair in plaits before going to bed to stop a lot of a the excess tangling that can happen when you're rolling around sleeping and used to run a wide tooth comb through my hair in the morning/evening and it took just a few mins.
Lily is legit going to give her daughter a complex about her wavy/curly hair because she can't be bothered to do some research/experimenting with what works best for Grey and just wants everything easy and 'normal', she literally makes me so angry hahahah I know it's just hair but she is making it a big deal so it's going to be a big deal in Grey's life too if she doesn't cop the duck on

Reactions: 9
Wow, she needs to get a bleeping grip and seek a therapist about curly hair, its like she does not want to deal with it at all, even for her daughter

a bleeping satin or silk bonnet will help her daughter but I guess it’s too ethnic, how is she not refreshing her daughters curls everyday which will require at least running your fingers through?

seems like she does wash day and leaves her hair like that untouched until the following week and thats the problem

Reactions: 13
I had pin straight hair as a kid and hated it being brushed.

Like everyone else has said, this is one of the many complexes Lily is giving to G. Poor kid has to suffer because her mum is too dim and too lazy to learn.

Reactions: 13
Her problem is she isn’t brushing it daily, she’s only brushing it after she washes it 🤦🏻‍♀️ If she brushed it in the morning and at night before bed it wouldn’t get so knotty
My daughter has really straight hair (unlike my wavy hair) and it gets SO knotty even just from morning -> evening or overnight, it's wild. I can't imagine what it'd be like after a week!

Reactions: 7
My daughter has really straight hair (unlike my wavy hair) and it gets SO knotty even just from morning -> evening or overnight, it's wild. I can't imagine what it'd be like after a week!
Yes my daughters hair is straight at the roots and curly on the ends and I have straight hair and even I need to brush my hair every day otherwise it’s bad
It also looks like she never ties her hair up which would also help it from getting knotty

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.