Lily Pebbles #30 I’m not sure what my contribution is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a cringe moment when I heard the intro music. Haha Jess, is just a fridge Jess, she thinks she is in grand designs reveal. Having said that, I don’t dislike Jess though.
Jess also went on and on about her love for tomato juice with Worcestershire🤮 What is with this obsession?

The next video of Jess’ that auto played was her surprise office makeover for her husband. She may have a taste for the most vile drink (IMO) and a fridge in common with Lily, but generosity towards her husband and giving him an office space is something they don’t share 😂

She also did it on a “zero pound budget” and told lots of stories about all the items in the room. Like a normal person and still made a video about it. Lily really does suck.

Reactions: 8
Tomato juice and Worcestershire sauce are Bloody Mary ingredients.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Does no one else think of Grey Gardens? It's all I see when someone full names her here haha

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I didn't realise Rich's bday was in November. Kinda disproves Lily's theory that Autumn born babies are at an intellectual advantage.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I know a few baby rudys,its a common name with the young mums on the council estate lol. (No judgement,i live on it)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I know a few baby rudys,its a common name with the young mums on the council estate lol. (No judgement,i live on it)
Bet Lily would be thrilled to know this. She wouldn't even run in the general direction of a council estate lest she be gunned down in broad daylight!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I like Rudy better than Grey, because Rudy is actually a name. That's the only positive thing I can say about it, because it's a bit of a meh name.

Reactions: 31
Aren't they Polish and Russian Ashkenazi Jews?
She tells the story of how her grandfather snuck into this country in the Second World War from Germany by pretending to be going to wedding after getting a tip off from a trainee nazi… (starts at about 14:50)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I don’t mind Rudy and Grey has grown in me. But really, what’s going on with the old fashioned German names in the UK? I mean, we have a trend for old fashioned names in certain circles (and trendy/American in the classes on the opposite spectrum) but they have to be older. Think 75-100y not 50y old. That’s too young for the snobbish vintage feel. So less the great grandparent feeling but more older uncle/aunt. I wonder how they come up with it. It might be a coincidence, many names have their own version in many languages for centuries now. But I have never seen such an amount of names that feel German to me.

Reactions: 5
She tells the story of how her grandfather snuck into this country in the Second World War from Germany by pretending to be going to wedding after getting a tip off from a trainee nazi… (starts at about 14:50)
She’s so perky here. This made me sad. Also her story is incredible.

Reactions: 9
I just clicked on the guardian and this is one of the headlines so this is really terrible timing to use that name for a baby
54C20C00-D03C-4A17-B2F2-32DDACA8C40C.jpeg

Reactions: 11
Ah yes, Jewish from Germany. Most probably Ashkenazi, so same roots in Eastern Europe if that's the case.

Reactions: 7
As a Jewish woman myself, I LOVED when Lily spoke about her heritage.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.