Lily Pebbles #30 I’m not sure what my contribution is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Must have missed this, what is she referring to? Most 70 year olds I know are quite young for their age....
Sorry it’s a comment on her stories about her parents’s house renovation. Really 70 is not old these days but it’s fair to assume it’s more than likely their last house so mentioning “adding value” just gives me the ick.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I have a tendency to becoming fixated on needing the ‘next’ thing in my life and while I don’t expressly think these words it does essentially amount to ‘if only I had x I would be happy/better/satisfied etc’. Even though I logically know this is not the case (because if it were the last x would have achieved that, right?).

Anyway. It’s an ongoing inner challenge. I have come a long way with it and can hand on heart say it’s been helpful for me to watch Lily over the years because she is walking proof that there is literally nothing on gods planet that will make you happy or satisfied if you are not already happy or satisfied within.

You will just be the same unhappy, dissatisfied, miserable person with the healthy baby, big house, Chanel bag, free sofa, garden, framed map of The Thames in gold leaf (I really like that lol), disposable income, holidays, expensive skincare, etc etc etc etc. Thanks for the lesson 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I have a tendency to becoming fixated on needing the ‘next’ thing in my life and while I don’t expressly think these words it does essentially amount to ‘if only I had x I would be happy/better/satisfied etc’. Even though I logically know this is not the case (because if it were the last x would have achieved that, right?).

Anyway. It’s an ongoing inner challenge. I have come a long way with it and can hand on heart say it’s been helpful for me to watch Lily over the years because she is walking proof that there is literally nothing on gods planet that will make you happy or satisfied if you are not already happy or satisfied within.

You will just be the same unhappy, dissatisfied, miserable person with the healthy baby, big house, Chanel bag, free sofa, garden, framed map of The Thames in gold leaf (I really like that lol), disposable income, holidays, expensive skincare, etc etc etc etc. Thanks for the lesson 😘
I think you are being hard on yourself, I think it’s a trap most people fall into and like you said it’s a subconscious feeling that if you had X or Y you’d feel better. Ironically in Lily’s case her job as a marketer is to make you feel that way so that you will buy X or Y.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Her parent’s home looks beautiful. Lily clearly didn’t inherit her mother’s good genes or her god taste in interiors. She must be fuming

• Haha
Reactions: 13
tit, where's this one from? I have one. Does Lily have one, i.e. do I need to burn it?
You don't, because it's not something Lily herself chose, it was #kindlygifted, if I remember correctly. So it's not like she had anything to do with it.

Reactions: 13
Buy a bleeping flat then. Heathen.
She already complains her house doesn’t have enough storage. Imagine how she’d react to living in a flat which would probably be much smaller than her house 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I remember the first time I came across Lily’s channel. I was an avid Anna watcher but had never followed or even seen Lily, and seeing as she used to refer to her a lot (!!) I decided to check her YouTube channel out. I can’t remember what vlog it was I clicked on but it was about five years ago now, and I must have clicked on it like ten minutes in. Lily was sitting on a couch with wet hair, it was the day of her birthday party and she had sent rich out to get food or decorations or something. She was moaning about everything, having to dry her hair and not having time and had a face like the biggest smacked arse you’ve ever seen and I remember thinking, wow this lady must have just received some awful news today to be so desperately unhappy. Is she sick? I wonder is it terminal, I thought? I can’t believe this lady is planning a party on the day she has been told she has weeks to live! I skipped back to the beginning to see what I’d missed, what terrible news this poor woman had been given to have that permanent scowl engraved on her face but as the vlog progressed I realised she hasn’t received any life changing news, rather this was her personality (!) and this is just how she is. This is how she wants to show herself to the world. Good grief, I thought.. what a miserable cow. And safe to say I have been watching in both morbid curiosity and abject bewilderment ever since.
The "is it terminal?!" took me out 😂😂
Yes, yes she is terminal with permanent bitcharitis privilegious

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She likes being at her parents house because she can be the baby again.

Reactions: 33
Ahh Jesus, Lily just hop off and have the baby. This excruciating attempt at content is embarrassing you and us.

We don't want to see your parents house.

Off you go now. Come back never.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.