Lily Pebbles #30 I’m not sure what my contribution is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We need to put rightmove alerts for her area

Controversial opinion - but I love her yellow door and the yellow 'ugly' tiles in the family bathroom. That's her true personality shinning through. WTF is she thinking with the beige aesthetic?

Her kitchen used to be cute too

View attachment 910141

It's the pops of colour that made it look nicer and fresher, and the yellow fruit vase from Majorca!

View attachment 910142
I don’t think every room is extremely ugly. They are void of personality and some choices were tone deaf or just beyond ugly. But I would argue that’s not the majority. The kitchen looked nice and still does. I am sure styled and with good lightning most rooms do. They are obviously very much reflecting certain trends. That’s not the problem. The problem is that Lily is only copying without really feeling it. There is nothing wrong with a 2019 Hague Blue kitchen. Or a millennial blush pink bedroom (sans mouldy wardrobes). IF you love it. Own your taste. Fill your space with some personal items and live it. But Lily seems to chase every trend and hates it the second something new comes around. That’s what makes her whole renovation journey so extremely tragic.

I always thought that it would have been far more sensible for her to have the cooker & stove on the island. We chose that layout and it is so nice being able to cook facing into the room. She then would have had room for a larger fridge and "larder". I don't really see the point of the chairs at the island as the kitchen table is right next to it.
I mean having a massive space of worktop where several people can work together is nice (pizza, chopping, biscuit baking…..). Especially with children. But I don’t get her drama around space in the kitchen anyway. Millions of family do fine with 5 people and a normal one door fridge (not floor length) and without a breakfast larder. What an idiotic concept.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
There is no way I would have changed my baby on my bed for months, and she's a girl! Just use a changing mat, it's really not that difficult...

Reactions: 14
Tbf I do remember being shocked at the sheer distance my newborn boy could pee. Didn't change him on the bed though, but I guess nobody told her

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It seems she was only concerned that people stopped visiting so she had to take care of the kids alone.

• Sick
Reactions: 39
Grey Luna Garnham
Rudy Max Garnham
Lily Pebbles Garnham
😐

To be honest, I’m just surprised she didn’t name one of the kids something that starts with O just so they could have “OG” as their initials.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Grey Luna Garnham
Rudy Max Garnham
Lily Pebbles Garnham
😐

Surprised she didn’t name one of the kids something that starts with O just so they could have « OG » as their initials.
Richard Garnham and his three children.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
She’s so bleeping ungrateful for her charmed life. Yes, Covid with the newborns is really scary and I had a moment of empathy for her especially with a newborn and no immediate support.

But also she’s a selfish, vacuous, spiteful witch who has always got what she wants and spends not one second of her life imagining how it is to be anyone else.

Soz. I have a lot of feelings today

Reactions: 17
It seems she was only concerned that people stopped visiting so she had to take care of the kids alone.
yeah but tbf, depending how you're doing after a C-section, you can be quite incapacitated for some time plus your partner has covid and you have a toddler to take care of. I'd be concerned about help not being allowed in the house as well. As much as I'd like to snark on Lily, both of them with covid plus recovering from a section and two kids, one of them a newborn, sounds hell.

Reactions: 39
Yeah this is one time I really cannot snark at her. A newborn with a toddler is really hard work, add in post c-section and then your husband having covid that must be really difficult, and then getting it yourself with all of those hormones clouding your brain and those postnatal feelings, that must have been difficult.

Reactions: 24
That's the impression I got too!

Grey Luna Garnham
Rudy Max Garnham
Lily Pebbles Garnham
😐

To be honest, I’m just surprised she didn’t name one of the kids something that starts with O just so they could have “OG” as their initials.
Luna Grey and Max Rudy work so much better IMO 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 19
yeah but tbf, depending how you're doing after a C-section, you can be quite incapacitated for some time plus your partner has covid and you have a toddler to take care of. I'd be concerned about help not being allowed in the house as well. As much as I'd like to snark on Lily, both of them with covid plus recovering from a section and two kids, one of them a newborn, sounds hell.
Plus the fact that Lily kept it private until now and didn't moan #poorme about it, I'm impressed.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Tbf I do remember being shocked at the sheer distance my newborn boy could pee. Didn't change him on the bed though, but I guess nobody told her
Same here! But every day? No way, and if he is then is she that stupid that she carries on changing him on her bed? Rubbish!

Reactions: 5
Jeez. I do feel sorry for her. Todddler, newborn, c section and covid. I would find that a struggle

Reactions: 16
Maybe nobody uses a changing mat in her family, and of course Lily can't go against that...

I am quite surprised just how matter-of-factly she writes about 'catching Covid'., and the fact that she hasn't mentioned it until now.

Reactions: 15
Maybe nobody uses a changing mat in her family, and of course Lily can't go against that...

I am quite surprised just how matter-of-factly she writes about 'catching Covid'., and the fact that she hasn't mentioned it until now.
Plus the fact that Lily kept it private until now and didn't moan #poorme about it, I'm impressed.
Just my impression reading that story is they had very mild symptoms, otherwise we would've never heard the end of it.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.