Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LottieRouge12

Looking back, I think its obvi when Lily's downfall truly started and it wasn't when she was pregnant with Grey. Once Anna surpassed Lily in followers on both IG and YT and Lily knew she couldn't ever catch up again on either platform is when Lily sacrificed any modicum of individuality she possessed. Lily's content was never amazing but I think Anna's surge (esp with her book sales and "tour) was the biggest factor in Lily leaning fully into her lackadaisical content. Having Grey was what fully pushed her face down into her laziness abyss.

Anna straight out copies looks (and photos) from other influencers and clearly gets her inspo from what IG algorithm literally pushes at her. Anna is the definition of basic. Lily I think realised the only thing she can do at this point is hang on to Anna and copy her bland/piss colour aesthetics b/c what Lily previously wore and her style (who can forget that atrocious yellow and black bathroom tiles of hers - but tbf it was Lily's style) had peaked. Lily could have stayed true to who she was but she didn't b/c at the end its not about being truthful or true to one's self to her she made it clear it was solely about money.

Lily no longer picks what she likes, she goes based off of IG and Anna (which in essence are the same thing) b/c she thinks it's what her followers like but also she knows all of it are things she absolutely does not plan to keep long term in the hopes to maintain her current income. Notice Lily never mentions even homes (an astronomical expense) as long term investments. Everything in her life bar her family members and friends are viewed solely through a short term/disposable lens. It's not just an incredibly sad way to live but also its UNBELIEVABLY wasteful and absolutely catastrophic for the environment.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

MoniC

Chatty Member
It seems she was only concerned that people stopped visiting so she had to take care of the kids alone.
yeah but tbf, depending how you're doing after a C-section, you can be quite incapacitated for some time plus your partner has covid and you have a toddler to take care of. I'd be concerned about help not being allowed in the house as well. As much as I'd like to snark on Lily, both of them with covid plus recovering from a section and two kids, one of them a newborn, sounds hell.

Goosegamer

There was an episode in the 1st series of Sabrina the Teenage Witch called The True Adventures of Rudy Kazootie, in which Sabrina accidentally turns a baby into an adult baby.
vlcsnap-00122.jpg

• Haha

Dwightschrute

VIP Member
Can we just get rid of these kind of “influencers” for good please. It’s absolutely immoral that she’s making that much money from essentially being a walking advert. She doesn’t work hard, she doesn’t give back, she begs for everything free in her life, she doesn’t make an effort with anything and just gets everything handed to her. Ughhhh

imtakingabath

VIP Member
I remember someone in the publishing industry getting into a spat with Lily a few years ago about her free sofa and how influencers manipulate their audience & the nature of their ‘work’ to justify the grift.

the last few posts made me remember it all because the person (Claire Maxwell) articulated the issue well - there was a blog post wrote a blog post I enjoyed revisiting: https://ithinkijustbloggedmyself.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/the-murky-world-of-online-influence/
This quote from the blog is spot on: "As journalist Laura Jane Williams puts it: “For me, the cornerstone of every upload is that it must inform or entertain. I call that “value for follow”, because informing or entertaining means you are giving something to your community. If you’re gifted a new kitchen, there should be a way to make your gift of value to the community you’ve grown – after all, it’s been gifted because of them. Get them a discount code or opportunity to win as part of the gift and explain what you chose to spend time and focus on, or where you thought it was okay to cut corners or how you decided to allocate budget. It takes four times as long to craft content that does this, but when it is literally your job, that should be a non-issue.”"

The problem is that almost all influencers have become way too lazy to do any of this, they have worked out that they can make (big) money by doing the bare minimum for their viewers.

• Heart

Sounimpressed

Chatty Member
I think she will announce birth of baby boy the day or the day after he's born. She's not like Nana - she has no patience or self control. She will be thinking more about the aocial media announcements & what push present she wants than anything else.

• Haha

Starttheline

VIP Member
I don't hate the name Rudy but I think as parents, you probably need to be pretty cool to pull it off.

One of the guys from The Kooks has a son called Rudy and as a family, they definitely pull it off.

Lily has zero cool points. It just feels a bit try hard and awkward. Cute baby though. Poor Rich will never get another birthday present as Lily produced a child around his special day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Her curls! 😯 Imagine just how gorgeous she'd look now with head full of bouncy lush curls! What an idiot!
You can tell though that even at this age her parents didn't know how to look after curls to get the best out of them, those have been brushed I'd say, and not hydrated enough. I think that's why so many people hate and hide their curls but you can learn about it as an adult and get them back!

I only hope that if Grey does have curls (I know she does a bit but not as tight as Lily's I don't think) that they bother to find out how to care for them properly.

• Heart

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
It seems she was only concerned that people stopped visiting so she had to take care of the kids alone.

• Sick

Whatnow21

Quote from the podcast "What sets me apart and keeps people following is that I'm quite honest and real online...quite authentic. I kind of have the big sister role...I like to just really get on a level with my audience and chat to them and give them advice if I can, and also share my worries and be a bit vulnerable if I can....I hate how everything online can come across as so perfect so I like to debunk that a little bit." Interviewer "Absolutely. You're definitely the realist instagrammer I know, you share a lot of useful things..."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38

LA2019Take2

Nobody told her not everyone goes to uni
Does she realise how unsophisticated and ignorant she sounds when she says stuff like this? She tries (and fails) to constantly be superior to everyone because she grew up in LONDON but her tiny mind is blown whenever she meets someone who isn't a carbon copy of herself. Like WTF cares that you call it a dump and others call it a tip? Is that how small your world is that you can't commute that people have different names for a municipal facility?

• Haha
  • Heart

eenyweeny

All of Lily's bathroom tiles - floor and walls - are gifted. She may have spent at least three weeks begging for those freebies, but as it always does, the begging paid off!
I wonder what her inspiration was for those long, weirdly textured wall tiles….because they just remind me of her natural teeth! 😅

• Haha
Not gonna lie, I know Anna has lost the weight, but there’s still no getting away from that shrek face and weird arse husband. Buuuuuurn.

• Haha

palmer

Chatty Member
Anna’s thread got me thinking. When you think about it, nearly all the “OGs” (as Lily calls them) have effed off YouTube by now. Zoe Sugg abandoned her main channel in 2018 and now only posts on her vlog channel about twice a year; Tanya Burr has straight up disowned her channel and acts like it never even existed; Niomi “Not an Influencer” Smart is semi retired; Fleur Bell has officially said her goodbyes (except not really a goodbye); Nic and Sam Chapman have deleted their channel; Jess Lethaby is forever “busy shooting content” yet posting nothing at all...I could go on. Lily and Anna are the only ones left still beating that dead horse, probably bc they have nothing else to be doing. I mean, Jess and Fleur are both old money and have never needed it; Zoe, Sam and Nic got mega rich from social media/their brands and no longer need to work; Tanya is desperately trying to become an actress; and Niomi’s too busy trying to find a husband to care about anything else. Lily must be so bitter that she’s so stuck. She’s one of the only ones who literally doesn’t have a single outside venture. Niomi has her skincare brand; Tanya has her makeup brand; Fleur, Amelia, Sammi, Ester all do jewelry; Zoe has her million different cash cows, etc. All Lily’s got at this point is her ability to make babies. (Baby announcement post coming in 3...2...1...)

• Haha

jaymie

VIP Member
I don’t look polished all the time but why on earth you ask your slave to film you looking like a tramp going up the stairways?

• Haha

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
The hospital bag thing is an utterly ridiculous trend. It’s not any different to normal packing. I had a baby at the start of Covid, it was still possible to get snacks plus I managed to pack a few without it being a big deal. Pack the babygrows and PJs etc & get on with it. I can’t abide all this fuss over nothing. Not that long ago in Ireland there were women having babies & milking cows the same day. Now that 100% should not be the case & I also fully believe is the value of a long maternity leave but spare me the hospital bag etc 1st world fuss. It’s her second baby for goodness sake mentioning the hospital bag more than once is a joke.

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
I had an ED in my teens/twenties partly brought on by constant comments on my weight as a child and being compared to others. I've not managed to shift my post baby weight despite working my arse off (gym 2 x a week, swim 1 x week and run x 2 a week) and so seeing a post like Anna's does trigger me. Sometimes it's not that a person hasn't worked hard enough to shift their weight.
I feel for you, but surely she can post a picture of herself without people seeing it as a personal attack?
I am unmarried and want more than anything to find my soulmate and settle down, should I act all offended every time an influencer posts a picutre of their husband? Even though it does trigger me sometimes I would never blame someone for acknowledging thier marriage on SM, as it's not their responsibility.

• Heart