Lily Pebbles #3 It’s a hard knock life for me, I just want stuff for free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The post that woman put up really irked me!!

Fair enough a free pushchair doesn’t play your bills
but it sure as hell helps not having to pay for it out of your own money! lily for example had her whole house practically gifted so i’m sure she has enough money to pay her bills

So sick and tired of all these influencers constantly moaning about how hard they have it! If you don’t like it get a bloody real job then and stop moaning.

All these bloody idiots as well constantly sucking up to them in their comments as well are also part of the problem, don’t feel sorry for them feel sorry for yourselves for having to work god knows how many hours to even get close to earning what they earn.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
From what I remember I thought she used to work for Glossybox in the very early days as a Brand Manager. I swear ZoeLondon said she used to sit next to her when she was an intern.
New poster to this thread!

She did work at Glossybox. I know someone who worked with her.

She wasn’t well-liked, and she wasn’t good at her job, even by Glossybox standards (the UK side of the business was a total mess at the time as far as I know, not sure if it’s improved now as the person I know who worked there left a while ago).

Apparently she caused a few problems with a bitchy tweet to a blogger? Something about “at least I have a job” or something like that. Caused a backlash for Glossybox. I can’t quite remember the details, I’ll try and find out.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I just saw The Anna Edit city guide to NYC - now that is a proper guide! Maps, colour coded recommendations actual proper work has been done- how do we think Lily’s city guide will compare..?

Reactions: 14
In her latest post has she really removed the dust cover to make the photo look more 'Instagram'?!

Reactions: 7
Long time lurker here, I created a Tattle account purely to follow this thread. I honestly think Lily is one of the most entitled, lazy, oblivious and unpleasant of all the so called influencers on Instagram. Her relentless negativity around pregnancy and having a wee one is so unpleasant. I stopped following her ages ago for this reason but still watch her stories/ check out her Instagram account occasionally as apparently I’m a glutton for punishment. Has anyone else noticed that she’s unfollowed Anna? Anna still follows Lily but it
Looks as though it’s not reciprocated... how very Lily, to be so jealous of your friend’s success.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Long time lurker here, I created a Tattle account purely to follow this thread. I honestly think Lily is one of the most entitled, lazy, oblivious and unpleasant of all the so called influencers on Instagram. Her relentless negativity around pregnancy and having a wee one is so unpleasant. I stopped following her ages ago for this reason but still watch her stories/ check out her Instagram account occasionally as apparently I’m a glutton for punishment. Has anyone else noticed that she’s unfollowed Anna? Anna still follows Lily but it
Looks as though it’s not reciprocated... how very Lily, to be so jealous of your friend’s success.
Might be an instagram glitch cause it shows her still following Anna.
Screenshot_20200107-225559_Instagram.jpg

I also can't take how she's even MOANED about feeling bad about others people being able to read "so much" but she's so busy and doesn't have time and it makes her feel inadequate or something.

Reactions: 6
Perhaps if she actually got into bed and got down to reading the damn book without spending half an hour fart-arssing around taking photos of the bloody book staged with her earrings/fancy hand cream etc and posting it up on Instagram she would find she had more time to actually read the thing?! She has the same hours as everyone else in the day she just somehow seems to think she’s permanently hard done by and it’s bleeping annoying. Not having a commute is a luxury in life yet she makes it sound like she’s somehow losing out. She honestly is the most miserable species...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
New poster to this thread!

She did work at Glossybox. I know someone who worked with her.

She wasn’t well-liked, and she wasn’t good at her job, even by Glossybox standards (the UK side of the business was a total mess at the time as far as I know, not sure if it’s improved now as the person I know who worked there left a while ago).

Apparently she caused a few problems with a bitchy tweet to a blogger? Something about “at least I have a job” or something like that. Caused a backlash for Glossybox. I can’t quite remember the details, I’ll try and find out.
She slagged off @lucyparts on Twitter for working at McDonald’s at the time (as well as interning I think?), I can’t remember the exact argument but Lily did NOT come off well. However Lucy is now beauty editor at Stylist 💪🏻

Reactions: 14
She slagged off @lucyparts on Twitter for working at McDonald’s at the time (as well as interning I think?), I can’t remember the exact argument but Lily did NOT come off well. However Lucy is now beauty editor at Stylist 💪🏻
Christ, how horrible, not to mention the privilege and snobbery. Lily would not last five minutes working at McDonald’s.

Reactions: 9
ooh maybe? We might be thinking of different things, I’m not sure. I asked my friend (being deliberately vague as it was a v small office) and they said they couldn’t fully remember but it was something to do with interning, and maybe Lily not recognising her privilege of living with parents in London, so she could intern long enough to turn it into a job. Whatever the exact argument, apparently she totally got away with it - the boss was totally on her side which tells you everything you need to know about how the company was being run!

They also said Lily was technically called a manager but the team was so small, it was really an entry level job. Oh, and she was very keen on giving out lots of free stuff to bloggers, without asking for anything in return (so no reviews or mentions), and that she had made the moodiest faces, which really made me LOL. She hasn’t changed at all!

Reactions: 5
ooh maybe? We might be thinking of different things, I’m not sure. I asked my friend (being deliberately vague as it was a v small office) and they said they couldn’t fully remember but it was something to do with interning, and maybe Lily not recognising her privilege of living with parents in London, so she could intern long enough to turn it into a job. Whatever the exact argument, apparently she totally got away with it - the boss was totally on her side which tells you everything you need to know about how the company was being run!

They also said Lily was technically called a manager but the team was so small, it was really an entry level job. Oh, and she was very keen on giving out lots of free stuff to bloggers, without asking for anything in return (so no reviews or mentions), and that she had made the moodiest faces, which really made me LOL. She hasn’t changed at all!
Sounds about right - I just did a quick search of their handles on Twitter. Can't see Lily's original tweets but can see Lucy's replies!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 16
The post with her new book is obviously a dig at Anna who has read like 20 books this year and is doing the similar this year. She really can’t contain the jealousy can she.
Maybe if she read a bit more she might find something interesting to say.

Reactions: 15
The post with her new book is obviously a dig at Anna who has read like 20 books this year and is doing the similar this year. She really can’t contain the jealousy can she.
Maybe if she read a bit more she might find something interesting to say.
Are her and Anna not friends anymore?

Reactions: 1
I really hope she’s being sarcastic when she says she doesn’t have time to read? 👀

Reactions: 8
She makes reading sound like an awful chore.

If you enjoy something, you’ll make time for it. It’ll take her weeks to read that book and the she’ll moan about how hard it is

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.