Lily Pebbles #27 The unfluencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looool I remember several years when she did that Special K advert after going on and on about how she doesn’t eat brekkie... that’s when I realised influencers were liars.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Looool I remember several years when she did that Special K advert after going on and on about how she doesn’t eat brekkie... that’s when I realised influencers were liars.
And the whole way through she was really struggling to keep a straight face, saying she reallllyyy liked it, and it was turning her into a brekkie person.. Liar, liar.

Reactions: 15
She says that she can't use a Moses basket as it's too low to lift them with a c section... Is she aware there are very easily available stands for them? Like, I'm pretty sure this is common knowledge.
Just got to turn a non-issue into a problem that highlights what a special and unique flower she is.

Reactions: 26
She says that she can't use a Moses basket as it's too low to lift them with a c section... Is she aware there are very easily available stands for them? Like, I'm pretty sure this is common knowledge.
Just got to turn a non-issue into a problem that highlights what a special and unique flower she is.
Daft Lily. I had a section with my second and used a Moses basket. It came with a stand and it never occurred to me not to use it.

Reactions: 12
I’m a wee bit hungover and not wearing my glasses and I legit thought that photo of G in the pink sweater was Lily. I was like “wow! She’s actually put together a cute outfit for herself & with some color!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
And she makes it sound as if she already knows she'll be having another C-section. Has she mentioned this before? Maybe that's why she was talking about Rich not being allowed to stay during 'recovery time'.

Reactions: 17
And she makes it sound as if she already knows she'll be having another C-section. Has she mentioned this before? Maybe that's why she was talking about Rich not being allowed to stay during 'recovery time'.
I think she mentioned she was in the process of deciding a while ago but hadn’t confirmed. As after having one c section she’s offered an elective section for the second baby.

Reactions: 8
I would say that in my friend / family group, I don’t know anyone who was able to have a vaginal birth after a c-section, myself included. They tell you anything is possible, but to prepare yourself or make the proactive decision to commit to the c-section, so maybe that’s what Lily’s done?

And of course instead of offering her followers any real information of value, she just writes crappy copy about Moses baskets, and her audience learns nothing about how different pregnancy and birth experiences can be. She loves to miss an opportunity to be knowledgeable. Surprised she doesn’t take a poll about what she should do - planned Caesarean, or try labor - since she can’t even choose a paint color without help.

Reactions: 30
I would say that in my friend / family group, I don’t know anyone who was able to have a vaginal birth after a c-section, myself included. They tell you anything is possible, but to prepare yourself or make the proactive decision to commit to the c-section, so maybe that’s what Lily’s done?

And of course instead of offering her followers any real information of value, she just writes crappy copy about Moses baskets, and her audience learns nothing about how different pregnancy and birth experiences can be. She loves to miss an opportunity to be knowledgeable. Surprised she doesn’t take a poll about what she should do - planned Caesarean, or try labor - since she can’t even choose a paint color without help.
I had a vaginal birth after an emergency c-section first time around. I wish I had elected to have the section in hindsight 🤪. Lily will moan about whatever happens.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We have not seen her bouncing on her yoga ball yet, or talk about turning the lights down in the operating theatre as per her birthplan....

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And sell-outs and bad actors. At least real commercials are often good and fun.

That milk delivery service was also very unbelievable, with a whole story about the milk man of their childhood as if she grew up in the 50s.

I still remember in the early days both Anna and Lily did an ad for Liz Earl, I think. A morning routine. I think it was the first time they had to put AD in the title. Say what you want about Anna, but hers was much better and more natural than Lily’s wooden performance. But both will say anything about one brand one day and the next day another brand is their all-time favourite.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I had a vaginal birth after an emergency c-section first time around. I wish I had elected to have the section in hindsight 🤪. Lily will moan about whatever happens.
I’m sorry you have regrets, but I get the sense that most of us from the c-section (and never a vaginal birth) perspective wish we could’ve not done the c-section! I don’t mind so much, but I have some friends who were seriously sad about it. This is probably a case of hind sight is 20/20 and the grass is always greener and all that jazz!

Reactions: 9
I’m sorry you have regrets, but I get the sense that most of us from the c-section (and never a vaginal birth) perspective wish we could’ve not done the c-section! I don’t mind so much, but I have some friends who were seriously sad about it. This is probably a case of hind sight is 20/20 and the grass is always greener and all that jazz!
I chose to try for the vaginal birth and knew the statistics for a successful one after a c-section weren't great, but it actually went fine. Stupidly I didn't have any pain relief and found the pain & tearing etc a much harder recovery than my section, but I know we're all different. Yeah definitely grass is always greener!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I have two friends who had c-section for their first and a vaginal birth for their second babies. They always joke they can join in on any birth experience conversation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I know Lily had a bad experience the first time, but a c-section is a serious operation, and recovery with a toddler is quite different from just having a small baby to look after.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.