Lily Pebbles #27 The unfluencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also don’t get it…it’s also very weird to me to document yourself moaning about a house renovation that you HAVE to do to increase your house value. Who forced her? She seems to be obsessed with money, and I don’t mean that in a bad way because of course, no one wants to lose money on a house sale, but they moved in what, 3 years ago? In 3 years she spent SO much on the house and it only seems to make her more unhappy, how sad. She was pregnant when she moved and knew she wanted more kids so it makes 0 sense to already think about moving. I just don’t get her at all
The thing that gets me is she didn’t spend the same amount that someone else would’ve spent if they had done the exact same things using the same exact contractors. She got SO MUCH gifted and would, presumably, make money on the sale of the place due to the sheer fact they didn’t pay for everything themselves. Her “we had a lot of savings” thing…ya okay, you lived with your parents and you got stuff gifted, both situations are not common.

There’s an influencer gal in Toronto who did a kitchen reno, got a lot of pricey parts gifted, but she put together a list of how much everything would’ve cost. So even though she and her husband might not have spent $100k, at least she gave the true cost of each component (still bitter that she kept going on and on about how expensive it was, only to find out the big ticket items were gifted).

Reactions: 14
So interesting what you guys say about housing. I’m from the countryside in Germany and houses (even though there is a high increase here as well) are a fraction of London prices.

So, sorry if this is a stupid question but if they are speculating on raising prices they will Have to pay way more for their next property as well! (And hopefully won’t get so many freebies next time)
What do you thing is their renovation w/o the Loft worth? Extension , new kitchen, new bathroom…

And if doing the loft is so much more expensive now (surely it is, material prices have leaped up) why even do it?
She is just doing so many stupid decisions, spending on new carpets and build on wardrobes…
https://tattle.life/threads/lily-pebbles-27-the-unfluencer.22551/post-6336854 @LA2019Take2 mentioned that 800k is likely to be the current market price.

There is a ceiling price of how much a house will cost at any given time. Jojo’s house sold for 900k but her house is bigger and has bigger garden too.

I wouldn’t do the loft conversion if they aren’t going to stay here for long. It feels to me that this is another project that is part of her to-do-list

Reactions: 7
The thing that gets me is she didn’t spend the same amount that someone else would’ve spent if they had done the exact same things using the same exact contractors. She got SO MUCH gifted and would, presumably, make money on the sale of the place due to the sheer fact they didn’t pay for everything themselves. Her “we had a lot of savings” thing…ya okay, you lived with your parents and you got stuff gifted, both situations are not common.

There’s an influencer gal in Toronto who did a kitchen reno, got a lot of pricey parts gifted, but she put together a list of how much everything would’ve cost. So even though she and her husband might not have spent $100k, at least she gave the true cost of each component (still bitter that she kept going on and on about how expensive it was, only to find out the big ticket items were gifted).
In the UK, Jess Parr is actually quite honest with the cost. Having said that, Jess was gifted Heal’s furniture for her downstairs living space which frankly to me, looks like a showroom than a home.

What I liked about the new wave of influencers is that they are very honest about the cost. I mean, if you are going to pimp out your whole living space/privacy, you may as well tell us the cost - and that is how you build engagement with your audience. Lily and Anna be like “let’s be grown up and not talk about money”

I am sure Lily will somehow get 50% of the loft furniture gifted (“we are very selective of what we want, and have made an excel sheet, but when WE/ Heal’s got in touch…grateful”)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I read somewhere that all those articles talking tit about Millennials are written by rich, privileged Boomers about their own rich, privileged Millennial kids - the stereotypes make way more sense in that context! 😂
What do you think is her house’s current market value now? Jojo’s asking price was 930k if Oct, and 900k in Feb 21.View attachment 760491
Her place is also bigger (or not) than Lily’s. Her garden is bigger too.
Prices around Lily's house for the same nice Edwardian type property have been around £730k-765k without kitchen extension and downstairs loo, but with a loft conversion in 2021 according to Land Registry. After loft conversion I think she could get £780-820k if she's lucky. There's a house one street down from her that is not as nice, but has kitchen and loft conversion that sold for £1mil, so who knows maybe hers could sell for more? JoJo's didn't sell for that much though.

Reactions: 6
Prices around Lily's house for the same nice Edwardian type property have been around £730k-765k without kitchen extension and downstairs loo, but with a loft conversion in 2021 according to Land Registry. After loft conversion I think she could get £780-820k if she's lucky. There's a house one street down from her that is not as nice, but has kitchen and loft conversion that sold for £1mil, so who knows maybe hers could sell for more? JoJo's didn't sell for that much though.
I saw that one too. Maybe is the estate agent’s photography skill, I am assuming both houses are similar size, why is Lily’s living room look so small?

Interesting, based on what you said, houses without extension and downstairs loo cost the same as what she paid back in 2017.

Reactions: 4
I saw that one too. Maybe is the estate agent’s photography skill, I am assuming both houses are similar size, why is Lily’s living room look so small?

Interesting, based on what you said, houses without extension and downstairs loo cost the same as what she paid back in 2017.
There's a house up for sale on her street, same Edwardian style with the loft conversion and kitchen extension for £1mil. Let's see how it sells :sneaky:

Reactions: 9
There's a house up for sale on her street, same Edwardian style with the loft conversion and kitchen extension for £1mil. Let's see how it sells :sneaky:
That is the one I am referring to. Quite unrealistic tbh! Haha is her house Victorian or Edwardian? I swear Lily said hers is a Victorian

That is the one I am referring to. Quite unrealistic tbh! Haha is her house Victorian or Edwardian? I swear Lily said hers is a Victorian
Edwardian. The turned wooden detail above the porch is characteristic of Edwardian properties

1631567374337.png

Yeap, that house on her street is up for sale for £1mil, but there's another one one street down that has actually sold for £1mil already, it's a 5 bed, but the same loft as Lily divided into 2 small bedrooms instead of 1 big one, like she's planning to have. Plus that house is not as nice architecturally as Lily's.

• Heart
Oh dear! She went around telling everyone that it was Victorian hahahahaha lmao. This is another Lily’s fail. NO ONE TOLD HER
Ok, now I'm doubting myself and will go find when her house was built :D

Her house didn't exist on 1895 map, but was there in 1911. So late Victorian/Edwardian period.

Last edited:
  • Haha
That’s the crazy thing. I can totally see someone paying that price. It happens all the time. We have a saying for this: every day, someone stupid gets up.
House prices are going through the roof and people pay. Lily’s problem will be that all the other London prices go up too, so her actual purchase power is not increasing, especially if she wants to get bigger or in a better location. It also seems a close proximity to her family is important, so I am not sure they are planning on leaving (soon).

Reactions: 12
Is she the type of person who'd put a newborn in new clothes she hasn't washed yet?
She totally does. She never washes new stuff, it’s so gross and potentially dangerous. In the other throw back video that was shared in this thread, she bought pillow cases and put them on her bed without washing them, which was horrifying, but unwashed onesies is even more so!

Her nails :sick:
Almost everything this woman does annoys me, especially her spelling, but I think her nails look okay here? They are clean here, at least . . . Half the time they are dirty. I found the shoddily done, rip-off Marimekko design in her nail art spiral montage way more repulsive than these. Actually I find the fact she’s still shilling Jo Malone more repulsive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
She totally does. She never washes new stuff, it’s so gross and potentially dangerous. In the other throw back video that was shared in this thread, she bought pillow cases and put them on her bed without washing them, which was horrifying, but unwashed onesies is even more so!
We're talking about the woman who took off her muddy boots on the light stairs carpet when she has perfectly fine hardwood floors she can easily clean. Hygiene and cleanliness is not a priority.

Reactions: 13

Almost everything this woman does annoys me, especially her spelling, but I think her nails look okay here? They are clean here, at least . . . Half the time they are dirty. I found the shoddily done, rip-off Marimekko design in her nail art spiral montage way more repulsive than these. Actually I find the fact she’s still shilling Jo Malone more repulsive.
Her nails always look dirty to me. I have a thing about long nails - just makes me feel a but yuck. If I haven't got time for a mani then I keep my nails short, shaped and with a light coat of blush nail varnish. I just think it looks neater/cleaner than unshaped/long/unpainted nails.

Reactions: 13
We're talking about the woman who took off her muddy boots on the light stairs carpet when she has perfectly fine hardwood floors she can easily clean. Hygiene and cleanliness is not a priority.
We have all seen Lily's absolutely filthy bathroom towels. Hygiene and cleanliness most definitely not a priority!

Reactions: 11
is it not normal to turn lights on? or do i just live in a particularly gloomy area

• Haha
is it not normal to turn lights on? or do i just live in a particularly gloomy area
I think it really depends where you live / how much natural light your place gets for how often you’d need the lights in the day time. But it’s absolutely normal to have to put the lights on on overcast days, it’s just typical lily moaning about something 🙄

Am I the only one who thinks with her hair like this and that hideous cardigan she looks about 45… something about this whole vibe she looks middle aged.

9F4E383B-187E-4F1C-AA48-2E447133043D.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17
GET YOUR EYEBROWS DONE LILY! Why is she wearing them like a badge of honour? It’s so bad, I mean it’s literally her job and would cost like £8 locally. She wants them for free though.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.