Lily Pebbles #27 The unfluencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m planning to move my son into another bedroom and was going to switch from cot to bed at the same time - we’re not having another baby though. Would you say it’s a bad idea to do both at once? Or is it mainly an issue cos of the new baby coming?
I think Grey has just got so much change happening/coming - all this plus toilet training, nursery etc.

I’d say go for it if there’s no other big changes anticipated, but be prepared for sleep disturbance!
Exactly, when doing it for a new baby it’s not recommended to make all the changes at the same time as some toddlers can feel ‘replaced’. It’s not about the bed and room being at the same time, it’s about doing it because the new baby needs it.

So grey saying the baby can’t have her cot. You can imagine how upset she’ll be when she’s told that the baby will be having her cot.. whereas if she was changed into a bed gradually and wasn’t told it was because of the baby which was coming she’s less likely to feel like somethings being taken from her to be given to him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I think we maybe are overestimating how much money they actually spend on the renovations till now. Sure, if you actually pay for it you might not be able to get it back in a sale. But most of it was gifted, so while the real value is not reflected, she will make a massive profit because she didn’t actually spend much on the renovations.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Is she the type of person who'd put a newborn in new clothes she hasn't washed yet?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I think we maybe are overestimating how much money they actually spend on the renovations till now. Sure, if you actually pay for it you might not be able to get it back in a sale. But most of it was gifted, so while the real value is not reflected, she will make a massive profit because she didn’t actually spend much on the renovations.
I think that’s definitely true of things like the kitchen and tiles and paint etc but she must still have spent a fair amount, unless someone’s gifting steels and plaster 😃 Maybe that’s why she’s so moody about it as they are actually paying out this time, so it must seem like loads in comparison to the downstairs floor of the house

Reactions: 9
I think that’s definitely true of things like the kitchen and tiles and paint etc but she must still have spent a fair amount, unless someone’s gifting steels and plaster 😃 Maybe that’s why she’s so moody about it as they are actually paying out this time, so it must seem like loads in comparison to the downstairs floor of the house
Also one of the bigger costs is the labour and she did pay for the builders herself!

Reactions: 9
None of the building work itself was gifted though. And the kitchen was discounted not gifted - those kitchens start at around £20k. Same with the bathroom - discounted not gifted. We're planning a similar amount of work on our house (kitchen extension and loft conversion) and getting quotes around £100k which is where I got the figure of £75k for all the work she's had done. I reckon £35k on the first round of renovations - even with all the discounts and at least £35k on this round. And then they've had other bits like built ins, respray of kitchen and a driveway (dropping a curb costs around £2k!).

The stupid thing is she still hasn't done her front windows. Anyone buying that house who is savvy would know that they would have to replace the windows and factor that into any offer. But Lily won't go there because it's boring and doesn't provide content.

Reactions: 17
See lily this is why you transition toddlers slowly.. because changing bedroom and cot at the same time right when the baby comes so the new baby can have it is going to cause upset…

View attachment 760707
Christ on a bike look at her feet
Has she been mixing cement for the builders?
The bleeping state of her 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
The stupid thing is she still hasn't done her front windows. Anyone buying that house who is savvy would know that they would have to replace the windows and factor that into any offer. But Lily won't go there because it's boring and doesn't provide content.
Not to mention the mould they’ve had in their bedroom. The fixed the gutters but didn’t remove the wardrobes to see if there’s any damage or see if it comes back. So any buyer looks in those built in wardrobes finds the holes and asks why they’re there aren’t going to be happy to buy something with a potential mould issue.

Reactions: 19
Not to mention the mould they’ve had in their bedroom. The fixed the gutters but didn’t remove the wardrobes to see if there’s any damage or see if it comes back. So any buyer looks in those built in wardrobes finds the holes and asks why they’re there aren’t going to be happy to buy something with a potential mould issue.
Also they repainted the kitchen but refused to redo their windows in their bedroom o_O

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Lily reposting some of her 'nail art' pictures and sighing that she must have had a lot of time. Yes, Lily, you did. And guess what, you still do, compared to other parents who have to juggle their family with an actual full time or even part time 9-5 job. You would not survive even one day

Reactions: 40
Lily reposting some of her 'nail art' pictures and sighing that she must have had a lot of time. Yes, Lily, you did. And guess what, you still do, compared to other parents who have to juggle their family with an actual full time or even part time 9-5 job. You would not survive even one day
Totally. Today she's been shopping for naff rugs and sorting out baby clothes. THIS IS NOT WORK LILY!

Reactions: 24
She clings on to her past so much, who told her that buying a house means you have to get rid of nail polish?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
It’s keeping up with the Joneses type thing for the London middle class. There is an unofficial check list

Kitchen island
Downstairs loo
Loft conversion
Side return extension
Bifold/crittal large glass doors to the garden
Plus a few more, no doubt

If you don’t have these things - even if it does not suit your house, budget or lifestyle - who even are you
And Hague blue (or a similar deep blue/green) themed room or two

Reactions: 11
does Lily realise that renovation content needs to include actual renovation footage and not just her big head talking at the camera?

Also take a shot every time she mentions being pregnant whether explicitly or implicitly

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Also if you have time to go over your Instagram feed and repost nail art pictures with additional captions you could have used that time to paint your nails?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Forget nails hun, you also used to upload videos twice and even three times a week Lily! Wild times eh

• Haha
Reactions: 25
So interesting what you guys say about housing. I’m from the countryside in Germany and houses (even though there is a high increase here as well) are a fraction of London prices.

So, sorry if this is a stupid question but if they are speculating on raising prices they will Have to pay way more for their next property as well! (And hopefully won’t get so many freebies next time)
What do you thing is their renovation w/o the Loft worth? Extension , new kitchen, new bathroom…

And if doing the loft is so much more expensive now (surely it is, material prices have leaped up) why even do it?
She is just doing so many stupid decisions, spending on new carpets and build on wardrobes…

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.