Lily Pebbles #27 The unfluencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do we know Jojo struggled to sell her house? I should probably just follow her at this point!
Because it was on the market for awhile, listed in Feb sold in April or something like that. That's a long time for 2021 market.

Reactions: 5
If I were Lily, the loft will be my new bedroom, Grey takes her current room, baby Beige takes her current office, box room then becomes office.

but guys she is so unique, and unconventional:rolleyes:
Exactly, this is what I would do too. She'll claim the biggest room for her office but still she'll end up sitting at the dining room table with her laptop

Also why is she doing this now? It's such stressful timing

Reactions: 11
Just read an article about Maureen Lipman not wanting to travel abroad again. I thought it was Lily.

Reactions: 3
I have to say Lily embodies the worst stereotypical traits of what Boomers, Gen X and even Gen Z believe about Millennials (and I'm a millennial)
I read somewhere that all those articles talking tit about Millennials are written by rich, privileged Boomers about their own rich, privileged Millennial kids - the stereotypes make way more sense in that context! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I remember when she talked about the loft conversion aaaages ago she said when the kids are older her & rich will go into the loft, grey will have their current bedroom & new baby will have the second bedroom with the box room eventually being her office - I remember she said something about not wanting to be on a separate floor to young children during the night.

but let’s be honest, they will move before the kids are old enough to move into those rooms/for them to sleep on a separate floor!

Reactions: 16
I read somewhere that all those articles talking tit about Millennials are written by rich, privileged Boomers about their own rich, privileged Millennial kids - the stereotypes make way more sense in that context! 😂
Lol I would love to hear what Lionel has to say about Millennial.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Whenever Lionel is mentioned, it makes me think of the lion resident on my island in Animal Crossing 😂😂
Haha this is what Lionel will say “millennial spending all their time on phone (playing animal crossing), no wonder they can’t afford property”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Watched the start of the loft reno (first LP video I've watched in ages) & that's a terrible angle she has filmed herself at. I thought she was OG creative genius & she gives us low angle looking up at her tired, moany mug.

Also who suggested she partner with Jojo to document Jojo's renovation as that would be a great idea. Lily would get big views & engagement & Jojo could probably start her own channel from it or as was suggested share the ad money from the videos. She has done similar in the past as I remember her doing her sister's what's in my hospital bag before she had kids of her own. I wonder if she would be jealous of her sister making a success out of It?

Reactions: 18
I honestly don't understand the loft conversion at all. I know that area fairly well and she has already hit the ceiling of what her house is worth with the money they put into the kitchen/original reno. At this point it probably would've been cheaper to move for more space - in order for her to recoup the costs she's going to need to be there for a good few years/keep her fingers crossed that London house prices rise again (it's pretty stagnant right now).

Reactions: 17
I honestly don't understand the loft conversion at all. I know that area fairly well and she has already hit the ceiling of what her house is worth with the money they put into the kitchen/original reno. At this point it probably would've been cheaper to move for more space - in order for her to recoup the costs she's going to need to be there for a good few years/keep her fingers crossed that London house prices rise again (it's pretty stagnant right now).
I also don’t get it…it’s also very weird to me to document yourself moaning about a house renovation that you HAVE to do to increase your house value. Who forced her? She seems to be obsessed with money, and I don’t mean that in a bad way because of course, no one wants to lose money on a house sale, but they moved in what, 3 years ago? In 3 years she spent SO much on the house and it only seems to make her more unhappy, how sad. She was pregnant when she moved and knew she wanted more kids so it makes 0 sense to already think about moving. I just don’t get her at all

• Heart
Reactions: 25
What do you think is her house’s current market value now? Jojo’s asking price was 930k if Oct, and 900k in Feb 21.
F8592EFE-3CF3-4D2A-8972-9AC72E729729.png

Her place is also bigger (or not) than Lily’s. Her garden is bigger too.

Reactions: 5
Despite her incredibly lucrative career I imagine Lily is peeved that her siblings and parents made so much money out of their properties by dint of luck & timing because they all caught the wave of huge value increases (to varying degrees).

Lily of course has done perfectly fine but she is obsessed with comparing herself to others so will feel very hard done by that this passive wealth increase has not also been bestowed upon her to the same degree. And that is despite the fact that she has earned multiples of six figures (or at least in her good years) for what is a relatively easy career with many many perks (coincidently, also something that happened as a combination of some decisions and effort yes but also luck and timing).

So all her property/renovation decisions will already be starting from a warped place. She really is her own worst enemy

Reactions: 25
She doesn’t need the loft conversion at all, so I don’t know why she is stressing so much about it. She could have gotten a hidden fold down desk built in to greys wardrobe or the wasteland downstairs for how little she uses it. It’s a complete luxury to have an office - everyone is working from home and everyone is making do!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She doesn’t need the loft conversion at all, so I don’t know why she is stressing so much about it. She could have gotten a hidden fold down desk built in to greys wardrobe or the wasteland downstairs for how little she uses it. It’s a complete luxury to have an office - everyone is working from home and everyone is making do!
Agreed. We got an IKEA desk for less than £30. It is not nice by any standard but at some point you need to prioritise comfort than look. I am assuming that Rich deals a lot with data or number, how did he work at a small desk is beyond me.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.