Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eat My Shorts

VIP Member
For me no nap was worse because they turn into cranky demons without it. I much prefer a nap even if it makes me housebound for most of the afternoon. Maybe Lily will have a little grump on her hands this afternoon, for sure we’ll hear about it if so!
I used to take mine out in the car just get them to sleep but there came a time when they just wouldn’t drop off. Especially my daughter who suffered with fomo 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5

jaymie

VIP Member
Orange and apple are widely available all year round, if we really follow seasonal, we will eat dirt hahaha.
Going back to her undies, can she wash her undies first before she shows it to her mates. Maybe is me picky, it looks yellowish. Maybe ask Rich to wash it next time.
Also she is not a model, if you don’t like thong, don’t wear! Is not like she ever needs to be in clothes that warrant a thing.

• Haha

anonymousgossip

Is it black? It looks like it has strong dark purple undertones to me, esp when you compare to the black of the stove

does anyone know where her gray stripe button down is from? I really like it (sorry lol)

jaymie

VIP Member
Anyone see Katherine Omerod's stories today? She got a paid partnership deal with COAL DROPS YARD. Lily must be crying right now. She isn't being paid to promote Kings Cross.
I hope Lily didn’t get it, Katherine got it even though she lives outside of North London

• Wow
It’s probably one of the worst adds she’s ever made. I first thought it was an add for summer dresses. It would’ve made sense if she featured all these different packages that I suppose all those different colour dresses are meant to represent. It’s also uncomfortable to watch how the camera lingers on her awkwardly smiling as you can almost hear them counting to three in order to stay in sync.
I thought it was for desenio!

• Haha

julylyly

I honestly don't feel bad for that idiot Rich, they live in a 3 bedroom house and they couldn't find a place to work. They can work in Grey's room, put two desks in the office - yes, small but it is do-able, and who put console table in the office just to store laundry baskets? Not instagramble but there is nothing insta-worthy about that house to begin with.

IMO, the loft is a bad investment if they are planning to sell in the next 2 years.

View attachment 662264
She wonders why no brand wants to work with her, because she doesn't show any loyalty. One day she is shilling Allies of Skin, the next day Clarins and the next day Clinique, which product is the best Lily?

View attachment 662267
Another skill for Rich to put on his CV!
She is so whingy and painful!!

CatHun

VIP Member
I don't understand Anna's fear of maternity clothes. They've gone a long way from the smocks and yellow dungarees of the 1980's. Obviously it would be OTT to do huge hauls, but a few well chosen basics are sensible. They expand with you, are more comfortable and can be used for future pregnancies. It seems far more sensible than buying yet more incredibly expensive clothes but in much bigger sizes.
No me neither. A lot of my normal clothes still worked through my pregnancies but who isn’t buying a pair of maternity jeans?!

I can understand why Lily doesn’t like pregnancy fashion. This time I was working from home and with lockdown etc I didn’t really make much effort with clothes and really missed with my first where I wore loads of maternity dresses and dressed up in general. Lily doesn’t have anywhere to go or anything to do so I’m not surprised she’s struggling

Rosie2019

Thanks for the explanation! I guess Lily and Anna are solid middle class then, and, a plurality, if not majority, of people certainly fall into this class, with a fairly wide range of incomes. Anna likely grew up middle class as well even though she is better off now than her parents. I guess the fact that Lily went to private school doesn’t make her upper middle class since the school probably wasn’t that exclusive?
Yes wide range of incomes for sure but I'd actually say a larger proportion of the population are working class. In America being middle class means being in the middle of society I guess, in England it means you have a profession or are a business owner. And yes private school can be just middle class.

kindofmagic

tbh i didn't remember that soap & glory was the brand that kicked this all off. i'm surprised she risked it all on a drugstore brand. they can't have done such an amazing original colour that couldn't be found elsewhere.

Re extensions, she’s in a terrace house so an extension to the upper floor wouldn’t be permitted as there is a party wall on each side of her. That’s why a loft conversion is the only option. Just using this photo above to illustrate why.

Just think if you were a neighbour of Lily’s and she built up another level. It would totally devalue your property and spoil your view and impact the amount of light and as all you would see is brick wall on one side of your window. There are rules around how close you can build on the party wall on the 1st storey, obviously with two party walls you have no scope to build close to either.

i think these rules are right as I would be pissed off to buy a house and have it devalued by someone building an extension when they should have just purchased a bigger or more suitable house in the first place. and that applies for Lily. I’ve nothing against extensions (have just done one) but there comes a point when you know you wfh and want kids that she should have just bought a bigger house in the first place. She can def afford it.
Our next door neighbour is currently unfortunately building a two storey extension which will affect our light. ( We did object) We are detached houses though so I don't know about terraces.

Eat My Shorts

VIP Member
I know it’s petty (and personal preference) but I dislike the nounification of verbs.

I’ll tolerate “learnings” in a project wrap up report in a work setting where there were major fuckups and the team/s need to ensure it doesn’t happen again without specifically hanging someone out to dry. Otherwise just no.

It’s obvious Lily has nicked the word from a Gleam report she’s been sent, too basic to realise it’s inappropriate and dumb in a blog post.
Glad it’s not just me!

_Laura

Chatty Member
Belgian from Brussels here and I can confirm that she would 100% be fine and wouldn't even need to learn the language. Same in the Netherlands... There's a real expat community there with big pharma companies and the European parliament amongst other things. I worked as a barista in the EU Quarter and I would speak English 90% of the time at work because most of the clients were expats. We don't eat beans on toast here, though, so I'm not sure she would survive...
I can definitely picture Lily do an Amanda-Holden-at-Eurovision and her not being able to hear the difference between French and Dutch/Flemish. 🤣
Jesus I should start reading my messages before I post them :censored:

Sounimpressed

Chatty Member
Ali Wong said it best, "just because you became a parent doesn't mean you grew up." Both Lily and I think Anna (and many women for that matter) have this perception of motherhood where their lives are the same just with a baby thrown in. As much as they hear or read about post pregnancy and taking care of a baby, they think somehow it won't affect them as bad or they will be the exception to the rule. Lily found out the hard way, after birth and recovery for many women can be painful while simultaneously taking care of a baby and then eventually going back to work and coming to terms that you cannot work at the same capacity as you used to coupled with the fact you look different physically. Now Lily has it easy, her job is wfh and she literally can set her hours and she has Rich who is truly the care taker for Grey. For everyone else, but I've seen this happen with countless coworkers and friends, motherhood truly is life changing in all aspects physically/emotionally/mentally/career and I feel for everyone who has a normal job and has found it incredibly challenging esp mentally and emotionally. Yes women all over the world go through it but it doesn't mean it makes it any less challenging.

The thing is Lily has a loving close family, Rich, a job she cant set the hours to, a home and money. However she never learned how to prioritise someone other than herself (most women have) and though she loves Grey its clear she's not happy about Lily not being the #1 focus (being happy and loving someone are two separate things). Her job as an influencer allowed her to focus on herself and make money off of it and Rich who isn't the main breadwinner can't complain b/c he's got a house, a child, and free holidays out of it. Lily put in the bare minimum previously but now she's realising the big con side to the influencer industry and that is there is no job security, you're competing with younger more attractive ppl in an industry where that plays a big part. I think deep down she knows she's peaked and that's why she decided to have a second child. You can bet she's going to blame the children and her focus on them as the reason she cant' focus on her career.
So well said 👏. I agree with everything!

dee_mc

VIP Member
I wonder is her eczema dairy-sensitive?
It'd be awful if her Missoma ice cream caused a further flare-up 🙂

• Haha