Lily Pebbles #23 I hate my hair and my salad's too yummy. Life is so hard as a London mummy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly. He can only stay home with Grey because she is in a rare (and privileged) position where she earns more than he does. Ultimately, because of the Gender Pay Gap and the astronomical cost of childcare, a lot of women end up having to stall or end their careers to stay home with children because, ultimately, their partners earn more so it makes financial sense to do it that way.

She's also in a very privileged position where having a child hasn't impacted their lifestyle. Most families, especially when paying nursery fees, have to amend their spending habits but not Lily.

So no Lily. Rich isn't a trial blazer in this regard. He isn't special for 'challenging stereotypes'.

The thing that makes me mad is that she thinks that her job/career/lifestyle is the result of her 'working hard' and making the 'right' choices. She's the kind of person that thinks if you don't have the things she takes for granted (six figure salary, house in London, freedom to spend money on whatever you want when you want) it's because you haven't worked hard enough or made the right choices. When actually it all boils down to privilege and opportunity.
Strongly agree with all of this. I’m currently struggling to decide whether I want another child or not (my partner is also undecided) and a big factor for me is the effect it will have on my career. My partner has also said he’d love to work part time like I’m currently doing to look after our son, but we simply can’t afford it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think Lily's pulling an Anna and she's going to announce today. That or she had to throw together a last-minute video for the same bleeping missoma necklaces that every influencer and their hamster is shilling at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I’m no gambler but I’d put money on an announcement today. Sure she’s not mentioned her period for 3 months by now 🤦🏻‍♀️ That plus the pics she’s been taking and the maternity dress she’s been spotted in. All I wonder now is if she’ll squeeze the sex reveal in now or spread it out for more engagement

Reactions: 20
The second pregnancy hits different and she won't be able to hide it for very long. She probably loves the speculation though.

Haha Rich challenging stereotype, hun because you are bringing in easy money. If you are earning 30k per year I doubt he will be happy cooking, bathing and fishing. Plus he genuinely love to spend time with Grey
Also, how is he challenging stereotypes? He’s being a FATHER. He’s doing exactly what he’s supposed to be doing. She tries to sound so progressive, but falls flat every single time. We all know she bullied Rich into his post-baby work schedule because being an influencer London mum is just so overwhelming and busy she couldn’t even think about taking care of her kid on her own during the day.

Reactions: 43
Also, how is he challenging stereotypes? He’s being a FATHER. He’s doing exactly what he’s supposed to be doing. She tries to sound so progressive, but falls flat every single time. We all know she bullied Rich into his post-baby work schedule because being an influencer London mum is just so overwhelming and busy she couldn’t even think about taking care of her kid on her own during the day.
I agree she 100% bullied Rich into going part time.. I think he always seemed to love his job & I think he liked that it was time away from Lily. But she kept complaining and stropping that she couldn’t work with a baby so he did it for a quiet life.

She only works part time now anyway. She absolutely could get some of that work done whilst having grey during the week for how little she actually does.

Reactions: 17
If Lily is indeed pregnant with number 2, does that mean Rich will become a full time stay at home dad? I can't imagine Lily managing very well with 2 small children on her own.

Reactions: 15
If you don’t want to show your kids’ face online perhaps don’t show it altogether then. This is one of those weird tit that influencers do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Fully expecting a Newtonesque pregnancy announcement at 6pm.

I cOuLdN’t HiDe It AnY LoNgEr GuYsS
C24EC695-F418-4244-A183-00550BD91987.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Agreed! Many men of our generation are more involved now than the generation before anyway, I do not understand how is it challenging stereotypes. Also like @LA2019 said, it is about privilege, their privilege allowed Rich to go part time and work from home. Perhaps other men would like to do bath time too, many could not do so because of work schedule? So how is Rich a better dad than the rest? Even pre-Covid, how many men can be home before 7 to do bed time?
This pair can go duck right off..performative pair

Reactions: 22
If you don’t want to show your kids’ face online perhaps don’t show altogether then. This is one of those weird tit that influencers do.
also she shows greys face sometime so like what’s the point in hiding it other times?

Reactions: 10
also she shows greys face sometime so like what’s the point in hiding it other times?
All the middle class influencers were doing it like the Frugality and Rebecca Wakefield, so Lily is following. Creative and original you see

• Haha
Can you imagine how bleeping INSUFFERABLE especially the podcast will be if the both of them are actually having spawns at the same time? We'll never hear the end of I caN'T beLIEVe we'Re pREgnaANT ToGEther yeah it's almost like you dimwits planned it...

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I'm happy for them if she is pregnant although I think this will be the catalyst for me to unsub and unfollow, because she is going to be so incredibly irritating

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Can you imagine how bleeping INSUFFERABLE especially the podcast will be if the both of them are actually having spawns at the same time? We'll never hear the end of I caN'T beLIEVe we'Re pREgnaANT ToGEther yeah it's almost like you dimwits planned it...
#friendshipgoal

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I agree, Lily will be (even more of) a moany nightmare.

Can't belive I'm saying this but after Anna's fake, greedy, good vibes only routine, watching Lily hug the bowl seems quite appealing!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
how on earth is rich challenging stereotypes?! Urgh, she is insufferable. So privileged. I’m betting there will be at 6pm upload with her news. Typically with the Second baby - you get a bump earlier so it’ll be more difficult for her to hide it. Though, maybe not in those ridiculous Amish gowns she’s been sporting lately tbh.

Reactions: 9
Their constant one-upmanship is getting exhausting. Lily renovates & gets pregnant, Anna renovates, Anna moves & gets pregnant, Lily renovates & gets pregnant. How long will they keep going like that? It's obvious none of the two can stand the other one getting more attention, their whole "I'm so happy for youuuuu" is so fake...
I bet they're both bitching about the other one when they're alone. Nice girls my arse.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
how on earth is rich challenging stereotypes?! Urgh, she is insufferable. So privileged. I’m betting there will be at 6pm upload with her news. Typically with the Second baby - you get a bump earlier so it’ll be more difficult for her to hide it. Though, maybe not in those ridiculous Amish gowns she’s been sporting lately tbh.
Haha yeah she is doing that 6pm upload probably, just like Anna. Behold the no one told you growing a baby and taking care of a baby is hard guys...gifted nanny pls

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.