Lily Pebbles #23 I hate my hair and my salad's too yummy. Life is so hard as a London mummy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So overdramatic about grey ‘must’ eat at 11:30. Why? I get having a routine but 30 mins later isn’t going to kill the child, plus it’s good to have them able to eat on a different schedule incase you can’t eat at 11:30 for whatever reason.

also how have they got to her being two and still not realised they should probably grab a toy to take. Like every time they go lily complains about grey being bored yet still never takes her a toy. Also going to an Italian supermarket isn’t exactly a fun day out for a child lily, use your common sense and take something fun with you!!

Not sure if Lily’s ever been to Italy if she thinks eataly is ‘authentic Italian supermarket’. I can’t cope
I wonder if the pandemic didn’t happen if Lily would be so anal about Grey’s schedules? Half of me thinks it’s because she has too much time on her hands and the other half is because she doesn’t like when she can’t control situations. I can’t imagine having the freedom to visit family, go on day trips, spend the day in a museum, etc. and having to maintain such strict eat-nap-eat-sleep schedules. I have a friend who had her kid later in life and she was a real stickler for keeping her kid on a schedule to the point I was exhausted when I spent the day with. Now the kid has OCD and has some other neuro-divergent tendencies. I don’t see a ton of similarities as Grey seems pretty flexible in her demeanor (as much as a 2 year old can be), but I do think parents can pass on their neuroses to their kids.

Is Lily doing an Anna by getting Rich involved? 😂
A couple of episodes?! Each episode is like an hour long. How long is Grey’s nap time?!?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I wonder if the pandemic didn’t happen if Lily would be so anal about Grey’s schedules? Half of me thinks it’s because she has too much time on her hands and the other half is because she doesn’t like when she can’t control situations. I can’t imagine having the freedom to visit family, go on day trips, spend the day in a museum, etc. and having to maintain such strict eat-nap-eat-sleep schedules. I have a friend who had her kid later in life and she was a real stickler for keeping her kid on a schedule to the point I was exhausted when I spent the day with. Now the kid has OCD and has some other neuro-divergent tendencies. I don’t see a ton of similarities as Grey seems pretty flexible in her demeanor (as much as a 2 year old can be), but I do think parents can pass on their neuroses to their kids.
Nah, Lily was already really anal about Ecru’s routine pre-pandemic. I remember written schedules such as 10 minutes play etc. I also remember when they went to Brighton for NYE Lily and her wasp-chewing friend Gemma were very anal about their kids’ schedules and Lily ended up eating lunch alone because Rich had to walk outside with the pram so that Grey could have her nap on time. I mean, seriously? You order nice lunch and then ditch it to walk around the cold? Why can’t the baby nap in the pram in the restaurant? Or nap half an hour later when you leave? I really don’t understand it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Okay, this may sound really petty, but I have a problem with how Lily holds her fork from so down low rather than closer to the top. It makes me cringe when people don’t hold utensils properly —it’s almost as grating as hearing people eat. Don’t know if it’s because my grandmother was obsessed with table manners and drilled it into my head. Anyone else feel this way? :oops: View attachment 596439
Also, what about her elbow on the table? In the words of Miss Jean Brodie, " The only joints on the table are the one's to be carved."

Also, I can't imagine wanting to watch a favourite TV programme on a laptop outside with the sun shining on the screen.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
What rubbed me the wrong way was her transition into the sponsored portion. She said "And now to what this video is actually about" before going into the ad and I thought huh, she's not even pretending she makes content for anything else than shilling tit anymore?!
And the fricken "it's so authentic" about Eataly. bleeping hell, Lily. I'm so tired...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
What rubbed me the wrong way was her transition into the sponsored portion. She said "And now to what this video is actually about" before going into the ad and I thought huh, she's not even pretending she makes content for anything else than shilling tit anymore?!
And the fricken "it's so authentic" about Eataly. bleeping hell, Lily. I'm so tired...
Yeah, authentic because it’s made without ketchup. Goodness me, she sucks.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Also, what about her elbow on the table? In the words of Miss Jean Brodie, " The only joints on the table are the one's to be carved."

Also, I can't imagine wanting to watch a favourite TV programme on a laptop outside with the sun shining on the screen.
Her elbows and fork-holding kinda represent what she is: graceless and nouveau riche.

She treats people badly, which I find also symptomatic of this type of person. She’s always going on that her friends and family say she’s so good to them, but they sound bizarre as well (after all, she’s a product of that environment) and Rich is prime example that that perception is FALSE. Over the years, we’ve also seen her be quite nasty to / about people who provide services for her (tradesmen and waiters, etc.)

I think she probably considers herself to be very proper, but there’s a difference between prudish and proper. She’s a prude but not proper - and immature. The podcast topics and caliber of conversation totally corroborate that!

Anyway, bad table manners seem on point for a (proudly) uneducated snob.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm sorry but I get so annoyed at Lily. She doesn't disclose its an AD in the title of the video or in the video itself by labelling the AD.portion.. an AD. I reported it to the ASA with screen shots and videos
Was it an ad? I truly didn’t think it was, because it was unmarked and unmentioned! I even looked in the caption.

Reactions: 3
Was it an ad? I truly didn’t think it was, because it was unmarked and unmentioned! I even looked in the caption.
There is a tiny AD on the thumbnail. Excuse the fact that's a picture of my computer screen 😂
IMG_20210530_203848.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Shouldn't have been the reel and IG post from a few days ago also been labelled ad or rather "not part of the upcoming partnership"? It might not have been in context of the video ad but I find it a bit misleading to say "oh look at this cool place we've found" and it being part of a paid promotion a few days later...

The reel was clumsy and it felt like an ad tbh

Reactions: 20
The reel massively felt like an ad, even though she used the music choice to point out it was ‘just for fun’ and so she could use a commercial track... if she received a press invitation and was working with them then it still is an ad!

Reactions: 13
The reel massively felt like an ad, even though she used the music choice to point out it was ‘just for fun’ and so she could use a commercial track... if she received a press invitation and was working with them then it still is an ad!
I think she just went to Eataly on her own and actually paid for her food and the ad for her video was for John Lewis?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Shouldn't have been the reel and IG post from a few days ago also been labelled ad or rather "not part of the upcoming partnership"? It might not have been in context of the video ad but I find it a bit misleading to say "oh look at this cool place we've found" and it being part of a paid promotion a few days later...

The reel was clumsy and it felt like an ad tbh
I just looked at the reel and it’s not marked. If it’s an ad she’s pathetic for not marking it (aka not doing her job correctly!) and if it’s not an ad, I think she’s super lame for pumping a franchise so hard, unpaid.

Reactions: 3
i've only been to the two in NY but i also found eataly pretty authentic, especially since it's a chain. they both ordered the plainest things you can get, but otherwise the menu and marketplace were quite nice. lots of stuff that you can't find normally, even in specialty italian markets.

Reactions: 5
I just looked at the reel and it’s not marked. If it’s an ad she’s pathetic for not marking it (aka not doing her job correctly!) and if it’s not an ad, I think she’s super lame for pumping a franchise so hard, unpaid.
Lily did a reel on Eataly in London b/c it was being featured by loads of Tik Tokkers and Influencers which has been "trending" for the past week or so. Therefore Lily wanted to show how "hip" she is while at the same time hoping her reel would be picked up by the IG algorithm to possibly increase views and hopefully get a freebie/sponsorship deal down the line. Lily did a YT video combining the two (John Lewis ad) b/c had she done a YT video just on John Lewis, it probably would have tanked in the number of views and she most likely wouldn't have gotten that sponsorship again (she never did get that Waitrose sponsorship again, did she?). I think Lily's strategy for beauty/fashion/food content (esp YT videos) that don't get the views she wants but is clearly desperate for (she made it clear her disdain for vlogs despite it being the only thing that gets views) is to combine it with something that is "trending" and prays that it gets picked up by the algorithm (thus increasing her chances for more views). She's trying to do shortcuts rather than do the actual work of creating creative content and it clearly shows.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
They ordered stuff to share with grey so perhaps that’s why they ordered the blandest things on the menu. Perhaps I’m giving them too much credit!

Reactions: 11
She likes pasta with ketchup and thinks cilantro is the devil. We’re not dealing with a real foodie here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.