Lily Pebbles #23 I hate my hair and my salad's too yummy. Life is so hard as a London mummy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I’m late to the party but my god, I was shocked when she said she was already planning on changing their kitchen but I thought okay fair enough. Then I see she’s already had a bathroom refurb too 🤯 she must have money coming out of her arse!
Can we make bets on when she decides she’s sick of the new new bathroom/kitchen please 😂

Reactions: 13
I know I’m late to the party but my god, I was shocked when she said she was already planning on changing their kitchen but I thought okay fair enough. Then I see she’s already had a bathroom refurb too 🤯 she must have money coming out of her arse!
Can we make bets on when she decides she’s sick of the new new bathroom/kitchen please 😂
Which part was refurbed because it looks exactly the same to me? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
It also looked the same to me? I think she's just talked about what they were aiming for when they redid the bathroom as part of the bigger reno. We all know it's lie though, because she hates that damn plug in the middle of the bath! NO ONE told her that her child would SIT on it and let all the water out!!!

• Haha
She’s quicker to change her kitchen than her hairstyle. Up until very recently, she had been rocking the curls made with a flat iron since 2009. Just the last few weeks or so, she started braiding it again, out of pure necessity to retain at least some of her hair.

Reactions: 14
She’s quicker to change her kitchen than her hairstyle. Up until very recently, she had been rocking the curls made with a flat iron since 2009. Just the last few weeks or so, she started braiding it again, out of pure necessity to retain at least some of her hair.
What would she do without us 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm convinced the main (not the only) reason she hates having her hair dark and curly is b/c growing up aside from no one in her fam knowing how to take care of curly hair, its b/c she's literally the spitting image of her dad esp when her hair is in its natural state and colour (which I'm 100% sure she perceives as a negative). Lily's mentioned in passing over the years about looking "Jewish" (whether its being reluctant to wear long skirts or how ppl used to say she looks like Amy Winehouse which clearly bothered her) and although she's proud of her heritage, its clear her self-hatred is deeply internalised and embedded (you can afford private therapy, Lily, it would be money well spent). Lily could use this time or all of last year to grow it out properly via the curly girl method but its clear she doesn't want it curly whatsoever. I'm surprised she hasn't invested in a wig(s) (that could be a thing esp with diff outfits) but then again that requires effort on her part.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Oh yes, the self hatred is very deep. She is also always very focused on just being English (which she is, of course). I know I’m going to get comments like, there is no such thing as looking Jewish, it’s a religion, etc. But Lily simply looks super Jewish, no matter how straight or blonde she makes her hair. And that is not a bad look, we all look like our heritage. I genuinely think she suits her own hair colour and hair texture best, it’s definitely nicer when it’s darker.

I also think it’s interesting she’s so affected when her hair isn’t looking good. I have bad hair days too, but that only affected my confidence when I was a teenager.

Reactions: 10
The thing is before lily just became a caricature of what she once was she was really striking and beautiful about 5 or 6 years ago. Before all the moaning and negativity set across her face. She used to look so good in colour. I remember being so envious of her as I'd just had my son and she looked so good in this co ord shorts amd strappy top from topshop all summer so i brought it and looked like shamu. 😂😂😂

Reactions: 19
Oh yes, the self hatred is very deep. She is also always very focused on just being English (which she is, of course). I know I’m going to get comments like, there is no such thing as looking Jewish, it’s a religion, etc. But Lily simply looks super Jewish, no matter how straight or blonde she makes her hair. And that is not a bad look, we all look like our heritage. I genuinely think she suits her own hair colour and hair texture best, it’s definitely nicer when it’s darker.

I also think it’s interesting she’s so affected when her hair isn’t looking good. I have bad hair days too, but that only affected my confidence when I was a teenager.
I actually can’t blame her for that. Her “job” is to be so visible to so many people, I think most people would be a bit obsessive and distracted by how they look on screen.

I also think she has some deeper issues about her Jewish side that probably affect her feelings around her hair.

I have a lot of sympathy for her in that she seems very uncomfortable in her own skin lately, but then I just want to shake her because there are so many things she could do to rectify that and she refuses!

I think so too...it’s sad really, I personally LOVE her Jewish look (not the way she looks now but before, when she was still pretty lol). I also loved Amelia’s look. I love a large, middle eastern type nose on women, which is why it’s such a shame that most of them get a nose job. I must say though that I also understand the self-hatred related from appearance that comes with growing up from immigrant parents in a mainly white country. My dad is Nigerian and I grew up in Belgium and I hated everything that looked different about me: my brown skin, my curly hair.
I’m happy I did the work and learned how to love myself because if you don’t, you end up like Lily and Amelia: perfect life, all the money in the world and still unhappy as tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
this dress screams ‘i’m a cult leader’
She kind of is. The cult of Amazon. The Insta version of this: “I’m in an MLM, swipe up to join me” 🤣🤣

😅 I must be missing something - what is incorrect about this sentence?
English has a specific order in which adjectives are listed. In this case, it should be “soft, new towels.” (Physical characteristics go before age.)

Native speakers are almost never aware of this; it’s something that gets naturally picked up, very similar concept to learning languages that are gender specific - kids just learn it and never think about it again. Regardless the rule or the language, if you have to learn these “little” rules that make a big difference as an adult, lawd it’s hard.

But Lily is sooo English! She’s a Londoner! Perhaps she is being lazy, or a busy mum so she can’t remember word order, but probably nobody told her - we’ll never know!

ps I also think the copy is just generally tit
… “due” is a terrible choice, so many other peppy ways to write that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
She kind of is. The cult of Amazon. The Insta version of this: “I’m in an MLM, swipe up to join me” 🤣🤣

English has a specific order in which adjectives are listed. In this case, it should be “soft, new towels.” (Physical characteristics go before age.)

Native speakers are almost never aware of this; it’s something that gets naturally picked up, very similar concept to learning languages that are gender specific - kids just learn it and never think about it again. Regardless the rule or the language, if you have to learn these “little” rules that make a big difference as an adult, lawd it’s hard.

But Lily is sooo English! She’s a Londoner! Perhaps she is being lazy, or a busy mum so she can’t remember word order, but probably nobody told her - we’ll never know!

ps I also think the copy is just generally tit
… “due” is a terrible choice, so many other peppy ways to write that.
Ohh gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I’m an English teacher so I do know that rule, goes to show how funny English is- I didn’t even notice!

Reactions: 9
Ohh gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I’m an English teacher so I do know that rule, goes to show how funny English is- I didn’t even notice!
I only became aware of it when learning another language and how that language orders adjectives (which differed from English!) It’s not something I ever heard mentioned in English classes in school, because we typically don’t need to be taught that. #nobodytoldme but I figured that tit out on my own (and with some help from Cambridge dictionary!)

Last edited:
I only became aware of it when learning another language and how that language orders adjectives (which differed from English!) It’s not something I ever heard mentioned in English classes in school, because we typically don’t need to be taught that. #nobodytoldme but I figured that tit out on my own (and with some help from Cambridge dictionary!)

No I never learnt it at school either in Australia (we do sound like a certain someone hahah!) - the first I ever heard of it was during my teacher training 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I actually can’t blame her for that. Her “job” is to be so visible to so many people, I think most people would be a bit obsessive and distracted by how they look on screen.

I also think she has some deeper issues about her Jewish side that probably affect her feelings around her hair.

I have a lot of sympathy for her in that she seems very uncomfortable in her own skin lately, but then I just want to shake her because there are so many things she could do to rectify that and she refuses!
I find that no excuse. I’m also very visible in my job. And in my job I can’t explain to people why my hair is tit. I just have present my things and go to meetings with people I haven’t met before and just get on with it.

At least Lily can share her issues and be on a journey with her audience.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@awhile @stinkytink
I had more issue with the "due new towels", like there was something missing there? It would sound better if she wrote "due to get some new towels" or "due to replace your towels". It just sounded a bit clunky to me without the verb in there. I am not a native speaker so maybe I am exaggerating, but the whole sentence sounded a bit off to me.

Reactions: 22
Didn’t it have the crazy yellow tiles and matt black taps? Have I gone mad? 😂 I’m so sorry if I’m totally wrong!
These tiles and taps?
3AB08467-1F5A-4815-8065-DE4922C2FB87.jpeg

@awhile @stinkytink
I had more issue with the "due new towels", like there was something missing there? It would sound better if she wrote "due to get some new towels" or "due to replace your towels". It just sounded a bit clunky to me without the verb in there. I am not a native speaker so maybe I am exaggerating, but the whole sentence sounded a bit off to me.
Well, I suppose you hear “I’m due (for) a new haircut” etc. more often than for towels.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.