Lily Pebbles #22 Moans about her sad hairdo while riding Rich for baby #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It must be nice to be an influencer. Weeks before your kid, your husband, your dogs, your cats and plants' birthday, you can casually throw some hint 'what should I do for my dog's 3 years old birthday' 'what should I wear' and you immediately get tons and tons of freebies flooding in by random strangers.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
It still kills me that she's straightening her hair and then braiding it. Make it make sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The awkward camera angles to hide her fake grass are killing me 😂😂 just own it, she can’t hide it forever
I didn't even think of that! I was like...is she hiding the child's toys because they aren't Instagrammable enough?! But you're right, it's the plastic grass she thinks no one has noticed.

Reactions: 23
The awkward camera angles to hide her fake grass are killing me 😂😂 just own it, she can’t hide it forever
A few 2 year olds? What other 2 year olds does Grey know? Or have they seriously invited people from Grey's many 'classes'??

Reactions: 8
Has anyone listened to the podcast yet?
Well, you're all in luck because I had an hour to spare while doing some gardening. Big tip – not worth a listen! There is absolutely nothing "juicy" or "unfiltered" about the episode. It's just another Q&A episode with really tame questions from the Facebook group.

- So the first "controversial" question was someone asking whether Anna and Lily had any plans for 20 years down the line because the influencer industry is very much focused on youth. They completely ignored the actual question and got really defensive, saying that plenty of older women are thriving in the industry (while being able to name only a few) and saying that their audience will age with them. They did not share any plans for life after their influencer careers are over.

- They were talking about the Zoella sex toy scandal and Anna said that Zoe was pregnant during that time so people shouldn't have been so hard on her. I'm sorry, what? So if a woman is pregnant, they should not face criticism for their work? The whole "scandal" was ridiculous but bringing up Zoe's pregnancy was not relevant in any way.

- Someone asked how much time video editing takes (I know, ~*JuIcY*~) and Lily admitted that she prefers vlogs over sit down videos because they take less time to film and edit. Anna also mentioned that some sit down videos do not perform well initially within her audience but end up getting loads of views because people search for that topic. They absolutely fail to realise that these types of videos could help them grow their audience instead of simply catering to the existing fans. But nope, vlogs are easy so that's what Lily will be doing. For a "marketing and PR pro", Lily seems to be absolutely clueless about the most basic concepts of content marketing.

- Lily once again had a whole spiel about actually being a really nice person and a good friend in real life but for some reason people see her as really negative and awful to Rich when it's not true. Again, they both state that it's because Lily is "real" and "sarcastic" and "people just don't get her". Sure, if that helps you sleep at night.

- Someone asked if they have something in their homes that they hide from their audience and Lily said yes but refused to tell what it was. She simply said that she did not want to face criticism for some choices she had made in her house. She was most definitely talking about the fake grass, lol.

- Somebody asked if they had ever had a great brand deal fall through. Lily said she had some but "couldn't think of any off the top of her head". Wow, if there was only a way for them to pre-select the questions for the episode and write down some notes for the answers......

- Okay, one positive thing to end on – there was a question about their sex drives (saying that it's a bit of a taboo topic) and Lily actually admitted that she has always had a relatively low sex drive and has felt insecure about that. It was a nice moment of vulnerability there. Anna didn't share anything on the topic, shocking, except to say that she was horny while ovulating when trying for a baby.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
So, the people who were not happy about Zoe's sex toy talk should have known she was pregnant and therefor not say anything eventhough she had not announced yet? Gotcha.

And yes, if only they had done a little bit of prep work before starting their public catch-up call to each other....... sigh.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
And to think Anna said on IG the other day how she was doing prep for the podcast... Sigh.
Pathetic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
so tempted to reply, "oh hi fake grass"

Well, you're all in luck because I had an hour to spare while doing some gardening. Big tip – not worth a listen! There is absolutely nothing "juicy" or "unfiltered" about the episode. It's just another Q&A episode with really tame questions from the Facebook group.

- So the first "controversial" question was someone asking whether Anna and Lily had any plans for 20 years down the line because the influencer industry is very much focused on youth. They completely ignored the actual question and got really defensive, saying that plenty of older women are thriving in the industry (while being able to name only a few) and saying that their audience will age with them. They did not share any plans for life after their influencer careers are over.

- They were talking about the Zoella sex toy scandal and Anna said that Zoe was pregnant during that time so people shouldn't have been so hard on her. I'm sorry, what? So if a woman is pregnant, they should not face criticism for their work? The whole "scandal" was ridiculous but bringing up Zoe's pregnancy was not relevant in any way.

- Someone asked how much time video editing takes (I know, ~*JuIcY*~) and Lily admitted that she prefers vlogs over sit down videos because they take less time to film and edit. Anna also mentioned that some sit down videos do not perform well initially within her audience but end up getting loads of views because people search for that topic. They absolutely fail to realise that these types of videos could help them grow their audience instead of simply catering to the existing fans. But nope, vlogs are easy so that's what Lily will be doing. For a "marketing and PR pro", Lily seems to be absolutely clueless about the most basic concepts of content marketing.

- Lily once again had a whole spiel about actually being a really nice person and a good friend in real life but for some reason people see her as really negative and awful to Rich when it's not true. Again, they both state that it's because Lily is "real" and "sarcastic" and "people just don't get her". Sure, if that helps you sleep at night.

- Someone asked if they have something in their homes that they hide from their audience and Lily said yes but refused to tell what it was. She simply said that she did not want to face criticism for some choices she had made in her house. She was most definitely talking about the fake grass, lol.

- Somebody asked if they had ever had a great brand deal fall through. Lily said she had some but "couldn't think of any off the top of her head". Wow, if there was only a way for them to pre-select the questions for the episode and write down some notes for the answers......

- Okay, one positive thing to end on – there was a question about their sex drives (saying that it's a bit of a taboo topic) and Lily actually admitted that she has always had a relatively low sex drive and has felt insecure about that. It was a nice moment of vulnerability there. Anna didn't share anything on the topic, shocking, except to say that she was horny while ovulating when trying for a baby.
Next week, the boys will be joining!

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
This really bugs me, as someone who's very sarcastic, and can be quite a pessimist at times (i'd rather be happily surprised than disappointed so look on the negative side), there's a huge difference between that and just being rude like Lily. Like sarcasm is supposed to be funny and witty, neither of which lily is, she's just rude and calls it sarcasm. And there's a difference between being 'real' or even a pessimist, and just constantly moaning about absolute drivel like lily does.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Okay, one positive thing to end on – there was a question about their sex drives (saying that it's a bit of a taboo topic) and Lily actually admitted that she has always had a relatively low sex drive and has felt insecure about that. It was a nice moment of vulnerability there. Anna didn't share anything on the topic, shocking, except to say that she was horny while ovulating when trying for a baby.
I’m absolutely, 100% okay with discussing sex in various forms, but this confession of Anna’s makes me nauseous for some reason. It’s probably because I have no idea how anyone can fancy Mark in a sexual way...why does she keep on bringing it up, ugh 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
I appreciate Lily bring up this topic. TMI, I don't see myself having high sex drives either. On social media, every IG babes that talk about sex and sex toys almost exclusively mentioned that they have high sex drives like Lizzy, Lindsey, Katie, Emily (from Big Brother) etc. Me, on the other hand, have rather low sex drive and surely there are many people who are like that too. This could be her thing lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
So, the people who were not happy about Zoe's sex toy talk should have known she was pregnant and therefor not say anything eventhough she had not announced yet? Gotcha.
Yeah, pretty much 😄 So she started with the age old "people only see a tiny bit of a person's life on social media" yada yada and said that Zoe must have been feeling terrible already because of the pregnancy and then there was this scandal going on, making her feel even worse. Zoe had not announced her pregnancy yet, which Anna did point out. So with this logic, we should not criticise any woman ever because they may be pregnant. Apparently this was "a huge lesson" for all of us that we should all be nice to one another because there may be something going on behind the scenes. Right.

By the way, I agree that the "scandal", if you can even call it that, was ridiculous. So I agreed with Lily and Anna that it was stupid and based on sexism. But I still do not understand why Anna brought up Zoe's pregnancy, as if that would make her exempt from all criticism.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I’m absolutely, 100% okay with discussing sex in various forms, but this confession of Anna’s makes me nauseous for some reason. It’s probably because I have no idea how anyone can fancy Mark in a sexual way...why does she keep on bringing it up, ugh 🤦‍♀️
Well, it gets better – she also talked about not feeling comfortable with having intercourse because their son is there between them looking at them. I kid you not, those were her words. I don't know how Anna, who is so diplomatic and overly vanilla in every aspect of her life, can talk about sex in such a crass way. She somehow manages to sound like a clueless teenager and a prude auntie at the same time.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Sorry but you’re wrong. It was said that criticising someone for visiting Israel is NOT antisemitic. You decided to turn that into people saying Lily does not get antisemitic hate at all. No one said that. We just said that the mere critique of the state of Israel and its apartheid regime is not antisemitism, nor is criticising people who decide to travel there, thereby supporting this regime.
Stop looking for conflict where there is none.
I didn't decide to turn it into anything. This started when situation of Lily receiving anti-semitic hate was brought up. She can be criticised for going to Israel, but if she is receiving anti-semitic hate like 'Jews should all die' or 'you're not a human because you're Jewish' - all examples of anti-semitism. If Lily was receiving those kind of messages, it's not OK even if it was accompanied or triggered by criticism of going to Israel. And all the people who kept insisting that it wasn't anti-semitic to critisise her for going to Israel, while ignoring the anti-semitic messages are a BIG part of the problem.

Reactions: 7
Well, it gets better – she also talked about not feeling comfortable with having intercourse because their son is there between them looking at them. I kid you not, those were her words. I don't know how Anna, who is so diplomatic and overly vanilla in every aspect of her life, can talk about sex in such a crass way. She somehow manages to sound like a clueless teenager and a prude auntie at the same time.
This is a myth that always pops up in sophomoric buddy comedies...”haha we can’t have sex, we’ll hurt the baby.” I think that description is so apt - a clueless teen mixed with a prude auntie. How do these women have a podcast again?

My friend and I are considering starting a podcast to debunk buzzy trends in sustainable fashion, but we’re so nervous it’ll be bad or no one will listen. These two numpties obviously put no time into preparation or providing well-thought out, informative content. The confidence they must have is enviable.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I know she’s still straightening it but her hair really is looking 500 times better with the plaits.

And people have the nerve to call us trolls 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.