Lily Pebbles #22 Moans about her sad hairdo while riding Rich for baby #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Straightening then plaiting it too
But at least it's just straightening and plaiting rather than straightening and curling :sneaky: Her hair should definitely improve by at least 3% in the coming weeks

• Haha
Reactions: 27
So I’m a silent lurker for years, mainly for lily pebbles and lydia millen. Lydia millen grates me to death but she has never pushed me to make an account so that I can post as much as lily has done with her moan about hair vlog.
Firstly, how embarrassed would you be if you were asked to advertise a car but instead spent the whole vlog moaning about EVERYTHING. If I was the car company I’d have said that’s not good enough.
Secondly and more importantly why I’ve now joined tattle is the fact that both my son and grey are a similar age so that’s why I followed her to start with. I lost 40% of my hair post partum and have never ever indulged in such a tirade about my hair and god forbid let my son here. Does she not realise what a luxury it is to have hair. Luckily 1.5 years after it fell out it’s growing in but as u can imagine at all different lengths and still have bald patches but for god sake you have a beautiful child out of it and there’s more things to worry about than having to wear your hair up 24/7 or in my case in different styles to hide the patches. I’m flabbergasted and also agree that this negativity she has towards curls will rub off on her daughter. My son actually has super curly hair and my husband doesn’t like it which makes me so unbelievably angry because I think it’s beautiful but do you know where his dislike stems from- his mother. It’s passed down. She always negatively comments on my sons hair but I honestly couldn’t be more proud of it and will make sure he is too! God she doesn’t know how lucky she is.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
So I’m a silent lurker for years, mainly for lily pebbles and lydia millen. Lydia millen grates me to death but she has never pushed me to make an account so that I can post as much as lily has done with her moan about hair vlog.
Firstly, how embarrassed would you be if you were asked to advertise a car but instead spent the whole vlog moaning about EVERYTHING. If I was the car company I’d have said that’s not good enough.
Secondly and more importantly why I’ve now joined tattle is the fact that both my son and grey are a similar age so that’s why I followed her to start with. I lost 40% of my hair post partum and have never ever indulged in such a tirade about my hair and god forbid let my son here. Does she not realise what a luxury it is to have hair. Luckily 1.5 years after it fell out it’s growing in but as u can imagine at all different lengths and still have bald patches but for god sake you have a beautiful child out of it and there’s more things to worry about than having to wear your hair up 24/7 or in my case in different styles to hide the patches. I’m flabbergasted and also agree that this negativity she has towards curls will rub off on her daughter. My son actually has super curly hair and my husband doesn’t like it which makes me so unbelievably angry because I think it’s beautiful but do you know where his dislike stems from- his mother. It’s passed down. She always negatively comments on my sons hair but I honestly couldn’t be more proud of it and will make sure he is too! God she doesn’t know how lucky she is.
I'm sorry you've had such a rough time with your postpartum hair loss and glad things are finally improving for you!
And as the mother of a very curly little one I'm loving your attitude, I think curls are beautiful! It's the first thing anyone comments on about my little one.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I sort of see Lily as the type of person who is completely clueless about Israel and Palestine to be honest...
Now that you put it that way, that makes more sense. I was imagining her as a pro-Israel, Trump-is-bad-but-at-least-he's-a-friend-of-the-Jewish-people-for-recognizing-Jerusalem-as-our-capital kinda person, but nah. Clueless is more like it.

It is always disarming when you meet a younger Jewish person with those super Zionist views, but it happens, and Lily, Thinker of No Original Thoughts, is a prime candidate. Also, I bet she's gotten more tit over the years for her lack of embracing her heritage (beyond shouting out bagels and pickles) than she ever has for actually having something to say or share about it (like going to Israel.)

This is making the rounds on LinkedIn today and I though of YouTube's OG Idiot in Residence, aka Lily Pebbles.

1620842084601.png

Hm, antisemitic backlash after saying you’re going on holiday to Israel isn’t something that anyone should have to deal with. I don’t see how that connects to her immaturity.
It's not anti-Semitic. It would have happened if she was Jewish or not - it's backlash because a lot of people oppose Israel's status as an apartheid state and want to see trade, travel and economic sanctions imposed, like they were against South Africa in the 80's and were a huge factor in the eventual dismantling of the apartheid system there ... but that will never in a million years happen in Israel because the West wants Israel as a strategic partner in the Middle East and the UN will never ever ever admit they were wrong to divide Palestine. Many people believe that if you oppose modern apartheid, human rights violations and Palestinian disenfranchisement then taking matters into your own hands is the only way to gain traction since hardly any governments rein Israel in. None really. So they say don't travel there, don't buy products, etc.

Lily doesn't understand all that, of course, and tries to pull off a victim / nobody told me thing. Why not use her platform to talk neutrally about the situation or even agonize a bit about what it means to be a modern Jew faced with making these kinds of decisions - how to reconcile your homeland's "civitas non grata" status with your values.

Lily's just too dumb to engage in critical debate and falls apart at any blowback. In this particular situation she really irritates me because she thinks it is anti-Semitism when it's not. Very similar to during BLM when she tried to pull focus to her anti-Semitic experiences and bleeping moles.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I'm sorry but this is BS, you have no clue if the attacks were anti-semitic or not. Why is it OK to dismiss anti-semitism?
Of course it’s okay to dismiss anti-semitism. Opposing Israel is not equal to anti-semitism. Plenty of Jews are appalled by what is happening in Israel and oppose Netanyahu (at least that is the case with most American Jews), and while most may not be in favor of the BDS movement, it’s important to remember that even though Israel and Judaism are related, they are not the same.

• Angry
Reactions: 20
Can we stop with deciding how lily should feel based on having jewish background? Firstly, she has said that she wasn't really raised Jewish, and secondly you can never assume anyone's opinions just because they're Jewish. Yes, many Jews are Zionists but many aren't!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Can we stop with deciding how lily should feel based on having jewish background? Firstly, she has said that she wasn't really raised Jewish, and secondly you can never assume anyone's opinions just because they're Jewish. Yes, many Jews are Zionists but many aren't!
And thirdly, she’s as dumb as a box of rocks. Keep your expectations of Lily low. Do people really look to her for any intelligent or constructive content around important issues? No.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I'm sorry but this is BS, you have no clue if the attacks were anti-semitic or not. Why is it OK to dismiss anti-semitism?
It’s not dismissing anti-semitism. In this particular case, based on what Lily herself said, mind you, she received criticism for vacationing in Israel. Not because she was Jewish, but because of politics. People who are not Jewish also receive negative feedback for supporting Israel, by vacationing, doing business there, or buying products from there, etc etc as I explained. That is not anti-semitism in either case, it’s people criticizing any type of economic or cultural support for an apartheid state. Another poster shared the link earlier for a thread about this if you would like to read up and understand the difference between anti-Semitism and criticism of Israel.

Sadly, she may have received anti-Semitic comments at some point during her career (she’s said she has), but that generalization is not what is being discussed. We are specifically talking about her visit to Israel and her inability to engage in that conversation.

Well, focus group of one here, but I think she should be held accountable for that video she released during the height of BLM where she plays up her struggle as a Jewish person - something she rarely mentions otherwise. It was like the pinnacle of performative activism and I think it’s really crappy that she did that. She has a platform and if she has experienced anti-Semitism, she should absolutely discuss it. But why did she only bring it up during BLM? Why never before or since? I think raising awareness about any type of discrimination is valuable, but her timing was sus. To me, it seems like what she did was try to leverage a movement’s social capital for views.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Just gone back to the video and she said that antisemitism is real, she got so much abuse for going to Israel and it terrified her. Sounds like she got some antisemitic abuse there and not just criticism for going to Israel. I don’t think someone’s experience of antisemitism should be dismissed.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Just gone back to the video and she said that antisemitism is real, she got so much abuse for going to Israel and it terrified her. Sounds like she got some antisemitic abuse there and not just criticism for going to Israel. I don’t think someone’s experience of antisemitism should be dismissed.
I interpret it differently. At around 9:35 she starts discussing why she hasn’t talked much about being public about her heritage and says anti-semitism is real. A couple of more sentences, the video cuts, then she mentions getting a lot of abuse for going to Israel. She does not say that it was anti-semitic abuse; she says it was abuse because she went to Israel.

Now, we can’t be 100% certain that it wasn’t specifically anti-semitic abuse OR that it was solely because she went to Israel, because we don’t live in her inbox, thank god… but I am making an educated guess based on many factors that it was criticism directed at her visiting Israel, not because she is Jewish AND went to Israel. I would not put it past her to conflate these two things or misunderstand what people write her - she blocks people for commenting on her hair, for goodness sake! We know she cannot take any criticism, and this is probably a more sensitive subject for her because it’s a) personal and family related, and b) something she doesn’t publicly embrace.

However, I was annoyed about this very portion of the video when it came out last summer, for this EXACT reason (and more!) - this not quite clearly stated connect of anti-Semitism and visiting Israel. It bothered me then and it still bothers me now. I’m South African so actually did grow up in an apartheid state and then later, it was a place that was and still is attempting to heal from that damage. Plus, my best friend and university (ex)boyfriend are both Jewish and it is A Big Deal emotionally and mentally that their heritage sits in Israel, this controversial nation, and they want to experience it but don’t want to support an oppressive regime. They do both visit Israel because a large portion of their families are there, but it’s not without guilt and many of our friends(!) criticize them for going. But our friends are obvi not anti-semites; they are anti-apartheid and critical of the fact that an internationally accepted apartheid state exists, and that anyone would visit for ANY reason - even to see family! There are A LOT of people who feel really strongly about an absolute boycott of Israel and will let you know it!

This is a very real topic in the lives of many young Jews, most Jews probably, and if Lily’s got something to say about it, she should because it’s an important topic, but why only during the height of BLM? How she manages this issues and discusses them internally (with herself and in her home) also affects her child. She shouldn’t try to imply things or conflate them, which I am of the option she did, and she did it around the time BLM was literally THE NEWS which just … felt a bit exploitative. From extensive personal experience around this exact topic, knowing and loving people who debate and agonize about this very issue, I stand by my original comments that anti-Semitism and criticism of Israel are two very different things, and Lily probably received (mostly) the latter regarding her vacation there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Personally I’m somewhat uncomfortable with the idea that it’s ok to decide what Lily can find anti-semitic and what she can’t.

Although I have a lot of issues with her and especially the way she spoke out about BLM, ultimately I think it’s really dodgy ground to decide what criticism she received was and wasn’t anti-semitic, especially without actual evidence of what was said. Imagine attempting to do the same for a Black person who felt they were being racially attacked, or a disabled person experiencing ableism? That wouldn’t be ok, so why does the complicated relationship that many jews have with Israel mean this instance is different??

I suspect Lily doesn’t understand the issues, and I also suspect she doesn’t recognise the full scope of what is happening and how things like her innocently (in her mind) visiting Israel contribute to it all. I still don’t think that means it’s appropriate to play judge and jury on whether she, a jewish person, felt she experienced anti-semitic abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Nobody said Lily doesn’t get antisemitic hate. I said criticising someone for visiting Israel is NOT antisemitic. That’s all. Of course Lily gets antisemitic hate, just like black youtubers probably get racist messages daily and muslim youtubers get islamophobic messages as well. But that’s because it’s the internet and people suck.

Reactions: 19
Personally I’m somewhat uncomfortable with the idea that it’s ok to decide what Lily can find anti-semitic and what she can’t.

Although I have a lot of issues with her and especially the way she spoke out about BLM, ultimately I think it’s really dodgy ground to decide what criticism she received was and wasn’t anti-semitic, especially without actual evidence of what was said. Imagine attempting to do the same for a Black person who felt they were being racially attacked, or a disabled person experiencing ableism? That wouldn’t be ok, so why does the complicated relationship that many jews have with Israel mean this instance is different??

I suspect Lily doesn’t understand the issues, and I also suspect she doesn’t recognise the full scope of what is happening and how things like her innocently (in her mind) visiting Israel contribute to it all. I still don’t think that means it’s appropriate to play judge and jury on whether she, a jewish person, felt she experienced anti-semitic abuse.
Thanks so much for this.

Reactions: 7
This week on the podcast Lily and Anna are UNFILTERED and answering the juiciest set of questions yet! To anyone who listens, please report back on how crazy wild things get!

I predict that Lily will talk about her penchant for pasta doused in ketchup and Anna will giggle at the craziness of it all before admitting, in a controversial moment, that she does not do cheese on pizza. That, she in fact, is not here for it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Of course it’s okay to dismiss anti-semitism
Wow you're a piece of crap.

Nobody said Lily doesn’t get antisemitic hate. I said criticising someone for visiting Israel is NOT antisemitic. That’s all. Of course Lily gets antisemitic hate, just like black youtubers probably get racist messages daily and muslim youtubers get islamophobic messages as well. But that’s because it’s the internet and people suck.
Yes they did, here's the link to the post https://tattle.life/threads/lily-pe...ile-riding-rich-for-baby-2.18719/post-4920604

Wow you're a piece of crap.

Yes they did, here's the link to the post https://tattle.life/threads/lily-pe...ile-riding-rich-for-baby-2.18719/post-4920604
Just goes to show how normalised anti-semitism is. Do we need an equivalent of BLM, but for anti-semitism for all this 'woke' people to understand? Shame on you.

Reactions: 13
I can’t quite get my head round your MIL making negative comments on her grandson’s hair!! I’m flabbergasted. I don’t get the hatred of curly hair. Especially on a child. It’s the cutest!! 🥰🥰🥰

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.