Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Helmi

Guys, can you really imagine Anna and Lily talking about the conflict in the Middle East? My guess is that it would go something like this:

Anna: Oh my word, Lily, have you seen the news about the conflict in Palestine?
Lily: No, I haven't. I don't have the time to watch the news because I have a kid. You wouldn't know.
Anna: Well, Mark explained the whole thing to me. It seems like this war situation has been going on for yonks! I can't believe it, it's awful.
Lily: I had no idea. Nobody told me. They don't teach you these things in school.
Anna: Well, we are sending good vibes over to the Middle East. It's important to stay positive during these hard times.
Lily: Speaking of hard times... Can we talk about my hair?

• Haha
Reactions: 135

Gold_7

Chatty Member
New thread title?

I hate my hair and my salad’s TOO yummy. Life is so hard as a London mummy

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

Violetroselily

VIP Member
Just sent her a reply suggesting she rewatches last year's video where she shows how to make a balloon arch, rather than begging for a free one

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
I think the Selfridges story was peak Lily. This was some years ago, but they were there for an event (I think) and they thought they heard a gunshot and someone screamed he has a gun. Lily said in this duh, I know what I am doing kind of way - hid behind a counter because why would you want to run away from a shooter and give him your back. She then goes on to say how she watched Anna scramble for her life with everything in her bag flying to the ground and then makes a point to say Anna ran past the exit - because Anna isn't a Londoner and only Lily knows Selfridges. I know in these kinds of situations we aren't really thinking and we panic, but if you had found 'safety' and saw your best friend running for their life, wouldn't you call out to them to come and join you? Lily then says she decided to run too, and obviously knew the best exit and because she is a Londoner ran north to Marylebone for safety.

Lily the Londoner. Knows the exits in Selfridges. 👏👏👏👏

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72

dee_mc

VIP Member
View attachment 577664
Feels OT to actually post about Lily's content here now but - heels on a two year old? I find this a bit gross.
They're just dressing up shoes though right, like for wearing in the house and garden with your fairy princess dress and tiara?
Honestly in that photo I think the more inappropriate item for a two year old at her own birthday party is the big brown fucking boiler suit! The poor child is obviously craving pink and cute!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

palmer

Chatty Member
Edward's hair legit looks healthier than Lily's (and he was definitely a better person inside too)

Scissorhands-5-1.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 11.59.22 AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Ha! Lily? No way. She can’t even do her charity highlight properly, and that was a target she set herself AND publicly announced that she was doing. That to me is one of the most psycho things about her - how hard is a charity highlight? And she does hardly any work! As literally everyone else also comments about her, I can’t imagine if she had to balance an actual job with set deadlines, parenting (in a pandemic) and really following through with philanthropic or volunteer work.

I’m sure Lily is the type of Jew that is pro-Israel no matter what, and that’s why she hasn’t commented.
I sort of see Lily as the type of person who is completely clueless about Israel and Palestine to be honest...

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Screenshot_20210427-132945.png

They're hard to find because they're not in season you plonker 🙃

This girl is so out of touch with the natural world around her it's ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: 63

jaymie

VIP Member
For someone who thinks about BLM everyday (her words), I find it insensitive to say that curly hair is gross and dirty. And she did that tongue spit is so offensive.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

Violetroselily

VIP Member
Screenshot_20210509-221923_Instagram.jpg

How many nieces and nephews does she have? She's probably been to more kids parties than most adults her age. Moan moan moan, please send me a free balloon arch or giant 2 balloon

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 61
I totally agree with the above. Yes Lily has a large reach, but her job is to sell beauty products.

My postman also technically has a ‘large reach’, but do I expect him to talk about social justice when he hands over my electricity bills? No!

If it’s a true passion and calling then yes definitely, talk about it and inspire others, share your insight. But if it’s just a quick nod to an issue, to tick a box, it adds nothing at all. Those who are interested should use worthy sources, not clueless, disinterested, privileged air heads.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

poopettemetis

VIP Member
imma say it. rich is a babe. i’m a sucker for an accent and curly boyish locks.

ETA: Lily, 1000s are dying in India because they LITERALLY can’t breathe. A man’s throat was practically sat on last May and the court ruled he was murdered because he literally couldn’t breathe. Have some fucking perspective for a second and stop putting yourself and your humanity and your feelings above others.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
IMG_20210518_214500.jpg

Is she taking the fucking piss?
Posting this right after she dressed her daughter for her birthday in the most depressing diarrhoea coloured boiler suit.. I can't with her.
Cheap, money hungry cow.

• Haha
  • Sad

LA2019

I agree, I almost feel like there is some “pride” in having to get on with things while being pregnant? I am a lawyer in a magic circle firm and am anything BUT lazy but I was so sick and tired during my first trimester that I missed many days at work, couldn’t even get out of bed. Reading this thread almost makes me feel bad about that 🙈
It was me who had to go into work/present after finding out an IVF cycle had failed and I didn't mention it to shame anyone but to highlight the issue that Lily (and now Anna) act as if a pregnant woman is the most fragile person in the world and we're not to do anything to upset them (even if, in the case of the Zoella sex toy stuff, you don't know they are pregnant).

Of course if you have a rough pregnancy you should take as much time off as you need - no one should be forced into work or made to feel like they are lazy for not going to work if they are sick. But Lily and Anna are in a position where, if they are feeling rough, they can just not post a video or do a reel for a product later on when they're feeling better whilst still knowing they can bring in a six figure salary annually. For those of us in 'regular' jobs it's harder to make the case to take time off. None of my board knew that 20 mins earlier I was sobbing my heart out and I honestly didn't feel like I could say to them 'sorry, i can't do this presentation right now because I just found out that I'm not pregnant - again'.

I also used it as an example that people are always going through things. Pregnant or not. Anna making the point that Zoella was facing that controversy when she was newly pregnant rubbed me up the wrong way because plenty of people (women and men) face stressful work situations whilst private stuff is going on in the background. But for Anna and Lily it's only women who can get pregnant/carry a baby who we have to be mindful of. Lily has long had a reputation for having an ignorant attitude to those who have struggled to get pregnant/stay pregnant/have multiple children and it looks like her little friend Anna is following suit.

• Heart

LA2019

I haven't listened to the podcast but I don't understand the whole 'she was pregnant so we can't criticise her' - plenty of us who work in regular jobs have to show up, act professional, take criticism, deal with stressful workplaces whilst pregnant/going through other sorts of life experiences in our personal lives - not saying it's right but it's not unusual. I was presenting to my board of directors 20 minutes after finding out an IVF cycle had failed. My friend miscarried at her desk. Another friend went to work the morning after her mother died.

Stressing that this should not be the norm in anyway but it just sits wrong with me that influencers play the 'you don't know what's going on in our lives' card when it suits them.

• Heart

slp92

in a surprising turn of events i will say i’ve finally been influenced by LP to start taking care of my own curls, i do not ever want to be filled with that much self-loathing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

Ohchristmastree

The passive aggressiveness at Rich this week is off the chart.
Firstly when Lily says the Wendy house is broken and Rich says “it isn’t broken it just isn’t finished yet” and she gives it the “woah Rich is in a bad mood today”.
And then when she’s sawing and she says she asked Rich already to do it but it takes him days before he does anything she asks him to do anything.
Seriously, there’s keeping it real and just listening to a couple bickering. It doesn’t sound like they have a happy home AT ALL.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 55