Lily Pebbles #20 Nobody’s told her her content is REEL-Y bad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The curtains thing made me laugh. She’s like they need to be soooooo long. Yes we know you have high ceilings 🙄
I’m a nobody lecturer and had my curtains custom made so they were the proper length. I thought that was “normal”. At least, in the country I’m now living in it’s what is normal. We did it for the house we rented too — we own the one we’re in now.

My point is: why can’t she just get custom curtains? I wait, she wants freebies!
Feck off.

Reactions: 21
The giraffe table has been gone for 2 years now I think!
It was in her before and after video of the living room which she posted at the end of March 2019 - that's how fickle she is - less than 2 years from her living room reveal and half the stuff from that video is no longer in that video. Also wondering where the pink pouffe her mum got her for her 30th seems to have gone too!

Reactions: 11
It was in her before and after video of the living room which she posted at the end of March 2019 - that's how fickle she is - less than 2 years from her living room reveal and half the stuff from that video is no longer in that video. Also wondering where the pink pouffe her mum got her for her 30th seems to have gone too!
The giraffe was a freebie wasn’t it? She’s probably sold it.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I really hate how wasteful they are with furniture. She made such a big song and dance about replacing her perfectly nice dining table, which they’d only had for a year! And now the replacement table needs to be replaced because it’s chipped. Same story with the multiple #kindlygifted sofas etc. I guess when you don’t pay yourself you don’t care?

Reactions: 17
I really hate how wasteful they are with furniture. She made such a big song and dance about replacing her perfectly nice dining table, which they’d only had for a year! And now the replacement table needs to be replaced because it’s chipped. Same story with the multiple #kindlygifted sofas etc. I guess when you don’t pay yourself you don’t care?
Makes me sick too. Since she did her living room reno she has gotten rid of the Arlo and Jacob snuggler, West Elm rug and giraffe table that were all PR or gifted. She also got rid of the coffee table (again gifted) which she said they were lending to a friend and would get back one day but, honestly, do we think that's going to happen? I really don't think it's good for ones mental health to have so much just given to you, especially for someone like Lily who already feels so entitled.

Reactions: 22
Makes me sick too. Since she did her living room reno she has gotten rid of the Arlo and Jacob snuggler, West Elm rug and giraffe table that were all PR or gifted. She also got rid of the coffee table (again gifted) which she said they were lending to a friend and would get back one day but, honestly, do we think that's going to happen? I really don't think it's good for ones mental health to have so much just given to you, especially for someone like Lily who already feels so entitled.
Also the £300 odd bar cart that is now “in the loft”

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She is trying to make scandi happen but the best thing to do is to repaint her whole living room.

Reactions: 8
I had a mental image of that giraffe table quietly getting its coat and seeing itself out of Lily's London house.

Lily Pebbles #21 where is the table with the giraffe, shilling hair products what a laugh

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I could read before 4 too, but there really is no point and it has nothing to do with intelligence. Reading is a skill. In fact, there are plenty of school systems that advise not to read before 7, because it immediately takes away from other skill sets like memorising and imagination as soon as a child can read, according to some. Steiner schools have that principle for example. Or Waldorf.

• Wow
Yeah is free from Amara. Is such a dangerous thing to have around toddler, it doesn’t look steady to me. I think Jojo kindly taken a lot of the old furniture from Lily. I can see the bed throw and the dressing table are from Lily

Reactions: 9
Such a ‘creative’ she has to blatantly copy another artist’s work (who she at least acknowledges!) for her little craft piece. This woman wouldn’t know an original thought if it smacked her in the nose!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I liked it because at least then Lily had some personality and didn't just have plain trendy scandy tit in her home. It was super quirky. I also like her yellow door.

I love the yellow door! I thought it worked so well with the light walls and black bannister/black radiator.

For me that was the best part of the house after the reno.

This was before she created the basic gallery wall. (1987)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I could read before 4 too, but there really is no point and it has nothing to do with intelligence. Reading is a skill. In fact, there are plenty of school systems that advise not to read before 7, because it immediately takes away from other skill sets like memorising and imagination as soon as a child can read, according to some. Steiner schools have that principle for example. Or Waldorf.
Totally agree, that's the principle of education in Eastern Europe too.

Reactions: 5
That's really interesting. My daughter is almost 2.5. I started reading to her before she was born. (I had many baffled looks thrown my way!) She has always loved books and I would say that is the only thing we spoil her with as she has a ridiculous amount.

She knows about 10 of her faves off by heart and will 'read' them to me or her soft toys.

I've started teaching her phonics to help her to read but will now look in to this more.

It’s a skill but is fun too or should be I’m not a Steiner fan.

That's really interesting. My daughter is almost 2.5. I started reading to her before she was born. (I had many baffled looks thrown my way!) She has always loved books and I would say that is the only thing we spoil her with as she has a ridiculous amount.

She knows about 10 of her faves off by heart and will 'read' them to me or her soft toys.

I've started teaching her phonics to help her to read but will now look in to this more.

If she learns her phonics and is read to and therefore picks reading up from you, you’re on to a winner. I’ve worked in primary education for many years. Some in early years and so many children are held back because parents don’t bother. It’s different in other countries but if you’re in the UK, you’re doing the right thing👍🏻👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
It’s a skill but is fun too or should be I’m not a Steiner fan.
I’m not a Steiner fan either, I’m just saying, there’s different views on this. And later in life, who cares when you learnt to read or walk or whatever. That all equals out pretty quickly.

That said, I know parents are proud of the smallest things their children do. But a child picking up a book on the coffee table does not seem like something worth mentioning to me.

You should always read to a child from a very young age. Most parents do this from when they’re born, I think that’s normal.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.