Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
No one told her obviously lol, they just happened to pedal in a dark room. Plus Anna literally talks non stops bout spinning, I bet Allana can see through Lily's craps lol (just have the feeling)
I had a similar feeling re: Allana as well. Lily has mentioned Allana previously in passing and when I used to follow Lily, I noticed she always liked alot of Allana's IG pics but Allana wouldn't reciprocate to the same degree. Also when Lily would comment on Allana's videos, Allana would seldom reply (if at all) but if Anna commented, Allana would always reply back. I always thought Allana and Anna would be a better podcast duo rather than Lily as one can speak about things from a UK/North American perspective since a big part of their audience tends to be from those two areas.

Reactions: 29

MoniC

Chatty Member
Eh, I`m sure most people don't look super elegant eating bread dipped into soup but I would never put that on the internet.... 😅 sometimes watching her stories I think she really overestimates how much people care about the mundane shit she does. E.g. taking off her shoes after a walk or brushing her hair...

• Haha

Burrito88

VIP Member
That Philip Kingsley ad just makes me never want to buy their products. Lily looks like she’s been electrocuted most of the time.

• Haha

LA2019

On jumping on the bandwagon re: zoe sugg post - this is typical Lily. Has she every stuck her neck out to talk about 'controversial' subjects like masturbation/sex toys? She would't dare be so open and vulnerable but she happily acts like her content contributes to these conversations/is aimed at empowering women of any age. The podcast would be the perfect platform for this sort of conversation.

On not letting Grey watch her take a tampon out. Each to their own but my approach is very different with my toddler daughter. She's seen me doubled over in pain with stomach cramps, she's seen blood leaking through my trousers, she's seen me insert/remove tampons and if she asks me any questions I do my best to answer them. I don't pull her into the loo and say 'watch mummy pull this tampon out' but I'd rather she's exposed to it at home/from a young age than learns about it from giggling pre-teens later on. My mum wasn't cagey about this kind of stuff but wasn't exactly forthcoming which led to me be very confused by the tidbits of information I picked up at school/in magazines.

LA2019

All her videos are tanking right now. I think she/Gleam think 'throw out more of this and you'll get more views' but the problem is she has no niche, no brand, no strategy. She needs to pull back, figure out who the hell she is and come back with a proper plan. She's all over the place and it shows. I always thought that she didn't want to take time out because she didn't want to lose momentum but actually i think she can't be bothered to do the hard work, take a risk and really learn/understand the industry she works in. She'll happily blame having a baby, Rich not being a full time assistant to her, the industry changing - anything/anyone but herself.

• Heart

ccocopops_16

Chatty Member
She probably has met Gabrielle in person. Gabrielle was one of her sister Carly's clients. She works in music management (or at least she did at one point).

Meanwhile, did anyone get around to listening to the 'wild' teenage years podcast to see what wild and crazy things were said?
Yeah for some reason I decided to torture myself and skip-hopped my way through it.

Lily said she was always ahead of her peers because her best friends are a year or 2 older and that as a result she often was the first to do things in her year (so then she could be all high and mighty with them). She went clubbing when she was 15 lol -- vs Anna said that with hindsight she was grateful her parents were strict about not allowing her to go to one of those underage clubs.

On sex education: says that her sisters were useless (she was really rude about it) since Carly is 10 years older and JoJo was a very moody teen who didn't talk to her little sister... "even now I'm still learning! no one teaches you this stuff!!" - we've already said this countless times in this thread but it is truly shocking how much Lily relies on people telling her things. Just go get the information on your own! Meanwhile Anna said that she felt her teachers were quite good about that and that when she was younger she relied on her children's encyclopedia (Lily "I didn't have one obviously")

Anyway, maybe I'm out of line for thinking this but that section really made me feel that Lily and Rich must have the most boring, unfulfilling sex life.

There was of course some snide comments about London this, London that because obviously being a teenager in London is an exceptional experience.

How can she not know the difference between chick and chic. Jfc.
She wrote it 3 times in a row jfc what an idiot 😂 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
In her new video she refers to herself as having ‘ovulation skin’ currently. What is with her and constantly drawing attention to her fertility cycle? She’s obviously trying to make it clear that they’re currently trying again, but why???
Lily seems to put all her self worth into her ability to procreate. It’s not even being a mum it’s more the act of being able to have a baby. She doesn’t seem to be interested in all the work that comes afterwards.

• Haha
  • Heart

Hasanah123

VIP Member
The curly hair stories is a joke, apparently noone has her curly hair type so cant do the curly girl method, shes so fucking lazy

• Haha
  • Angry

Loopiloo

This radio silence from her is a little strange, isn’t it? Not even promoting her new vlog?
This comment under her video made me laugh though, I’m glad I’m not the only one not enjoying the topic of cupboard organisation.View attachment 423625
All this vlog has done is prove how the storage organisation is such a slap in the face for Rich. It’s already been widely discussed on here how badly she’s used that whole space, but I thought it might be ok if the storage was actually used properly....alas, no. She’s built an ugly, basic storage bench for a blow up animal, when Rich could’ve had a decent workspace. Imagine the discomfort and inconvenience of working at your kitchen table or sharing a tiny desk with your greedy selfish wife, because aforementioned greedy wife decided to dedicate a whole wall to house an inflatable toy. The man has the patience of a saint and/or no balls!

• Haha
Reactions: 28

ccocopops_16

Chatty Member
Wouldn’t Lily have figured that out by now? She implies she’s been sexually active since mid teens, yet seems so unfamiliar with her own sexuality and body. Why would she think or accept that painful sex is normal after birth? I’m really terrified what other body issues and frustrations she’ll pass on to Grey.
The thing is Lily can't figure anything out. She has to be told everything. She probably didn't know you had to pee after sex and now she's super prone to cystitis. She didn't figure out you can't flush tampons. She can't figure out that you don't need to empty a menstrual cup in a sink, that dumping the content in the toilet bowl is enough, and so on and so forth.

I wasn't sexually active at 15 but I had school and books and the Internet to learn things I was curious about. Lily thought she had life figured out at that age and rested on her laurels.

From everything she's said over the years she seems veeeeery vanilla in bed and comes off as one of those people too prude to even think about sex, and so she doesn't. I heard her talk about how painful her scar is and that's not normal at all! But she probably thinks it's her badge of honour and doesn't do anything to make it better. Painful sex is abnormal whether you've given birth or not, but this dummy is too insecure, naive and dumb to research anything.

• Sad

jaymie

VIP Member
Totally this. I don’t see her as creative or aspirational at all. There is no niche. The ‘London’ thing isn’t relevant (especially in Covid) as what does it really mean? There are cool restaurants, parks, markets, art exhibits etc everywhere, so she doesn’t sell anything special here to me.
Doesn’t set or reinterpret any interior, beauty or fashion trends.
I started following her since 2013. I was a poor student back then but to see someone hanging out in London and going to cool market is very refreshing - she is selling a ‘lifestyle’ that I crave for. As I grow older and started earning slightly more income and moved to London, I realised the place she goes and the place she eats are so basic and blend - Dishoom, Granger &Co and Camden market hardly exciting. (Granger Co super overrated).

She hangs out in King X, that alone tells me she is not a true Londoner lol

Last edited:
  • Haha

Aardvark

Chatty Member
I hate people who are self appointed ‘creatives’ and act like they are different to everyone else. I think most jobs are creative in the broadest sense of the word - you’ve got to come up with a presentation for a meeting, you’ve got to negotiate or sell to different people, there’s a problem that needs solving and the normal processes aren’t working etc. Creativity is about creating something, it doesn’t have to exclusively be artistic or visual.

She’s actually really narrow minded when it comes to creativity, her images look the same and she completely lacks imagination. And given how often she has to ask her audience to tell her what to do, creative is one of the last words I’d use to describe her

• Heart

Patmullins1

Chatty Member
Why on earth would you persist with a form of exercise you so clearly detest? That Pentalon story was ridiculous, I’m surprised the company didn’t report it for her making a simple spin look like some form of captive torture. Pathetic...

• Haha

LA2019

I don't understand the point of the curtain in the steampod advert - it looks like it accidentally got trapped in her wardrobe door and she couldn't be bothered to fix it.

The positioning of the camera is all off too. It makes her look like a floating head/shoulders. If I was a brand I'd be really disappointed by the concept and execution of that advert.

• Haha

jaymie

VIP Member
Sorry hun you don’t need to do textile to thread a needle...how stupid is she? You also don’t need to do biology to learn ovulation cycle. How stupid

• Haha

dutchover

Dear Lily, the reason you feel compelled to straighten your hair is due to white supremacy and the standard of beauty it demands (straight hair over curly hair in this case). Maybe if you had done some BLM reading for real, you know this. If curly hair was truly embraced as beautiful, everyone would know how to take care of it just like “regular” hair and you wouldn’t be at a loss for how to do so. Lily is not Black like the ladies in this article but we all pick up and internalize the same messages of what beautiful is.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha

Sounimpressed

Chatty Member
I hate people who are self appointed ‘creatives’ and act like they are different to everyone else. I think most jobs are creative in the broadest sense of the word - you’ve got to come up with a presentation for a meeting, you’ve got to negotiate or sell to different people, there’s a problem that needs solving and the normal processes aren’t working etc. Creativity is about creating something, it doesn’t have to exclusively be artistic or visual.

She’s actually really narrow minded when it comes to creativity, her images look the same and she completely lacks imagination. And given how often she has to ask her audience to tell her what to do, creative is one of the last words I’d use to describe her
She's about as creative as the slugs in Anna's house who will try to come in every night regardless of how many of their fellow slugs have been killed doing the same thing. And as for that stop motion gimmick, put it away Lily, it's done.

• Haha